Game-Labs Forum

Timber Feedback Thread - PINNED

Since I play mostly by myself or a friend from time to time, I rely heavily on speed and thus most of my ships are build for that. Now Im in game and Im taking a look at my ships... Just an example, Constitution that was able to go 16 knots before the patch, now has less than 60 thickness on its sides and less than 110 mast thickness on the main mast... I will do some testing to see whats what. but I am afraid that my Naval Action career has reached its end... 

As I expected, most of my ships are now next to unusable...

PS: Do not expect a bad review on steam or anything like that, the game provided me with hundreds of hours of enjoyment, I only want to see it go forward. image.thumb.png.f2d859b90585bf93bdae0241b7a273e0.pngimage.thumb.png.064e48096b84d5365d6e0fc73a88e133.png

I never asked for/made a ship thats good at everything. I made ships from fir fir and knew that I cant brawl with them or stay in a fight for a long time. However when I crafted something, I would check netfly to see what potential it has. If it could go 16 knots and was purple/gold I would put upgrades like a naval clock on them. If it couldnt reach the cap speed then i wouldn't bother. Either sell it as it was or break it. Now im stuck with ships that are not worth the upgrades Ive put on them. The Connie you see on the pic above can get demasted by 9p long guns... What use do you see in that ship ? Not to mention that its also slower than what it used to be...

Edited by Henry Long Castle
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

14k hp @ 15 knots is still powerful, it's just not all powerful. Still a good set up for hit and run.

look at the mast thickness(conni) :D so easy to demast now :) (the surprise has elite french)

Edited by z4ys

1 hour ago, Henry Long Castle said:

@Hethwill Arent wood combos like these making you strong and a speed demon ? (mast thickness aside) 
image.thumb.png.494221dc6239cfb2605de34a42fb3aeb.png

Rests to be seen for real. Numbers look interesting with good variation on negative sides to balance the positives. Guess some modules might nullify some situations but theeeeeeeen the slots can't be used for other more interesting stuff.

Anyway, rests to be seen.

New woods have to be bought and sailed. Less talking, more raiding. Deny them to the enemies. Use them yourself. ;)

we arent children

we can read numbers

we know how numbers translate in game

this is just an insult to the face of the people who put up with everything for all these years

change not needed

change not welcome

trying to defend because you are on the payroll is pathetic

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kejsaren said:

Can't wait til flag spam is over so i can log on and see what they did to my ships...😊 or 🥵

or who am i kidding, i know exactly they did just gotta see it with my own eyes🤣

lol I just logged out bc of the spam

1 hour ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

we arent children

we can read numbers

we know how numbers translate in game

this is just an insult to the face of the people who put up with everything for all these years

change not needed

change not welcome

trying to defend because you are on the payroll is pathetic

Change is very welcome :) thank you.

And very needed.

There's a lot to numbers.

Go meta your toilet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Holm Hansen said:

( ... okay, i saw you guys were probably just talking about fir)

I brought my fir fir ships as an example. There are more woods that have been destroyed with this update.

58 minutes ago, Raf Van Boom said:

Now pandora/lgv refit swivels have a purpose - take down those chopsticks.

no, if anything they are more useless than before since fir fir gives crew protection now and I dont thing swivel guns can take down a mast no matter the thickness.

2 hours ago, Lukas97Austria said:

Finally we see some balance. No more only plus things on ships also negatives. 

Did you check the screenshot ? Do you see balance in that ? I see builds that are better than before and I dont care much, i was expecting new woods to be better. But along with the new woods they changed the values of the previous woods making already made ships useless. 

Bottom line is that from this update the players that were benefited were the new players and the ones that are really rich and dont give a crap if they have to rebuild their entire fleet... People like me got hello kittyed

I did my testing, proved I was right to be afraid that messing around the existing values will render some ships useless and not only that. You cant sell them either. A ship costing several millions of reals is now worthless, no one wants to buy it golden or not. Upgrades put on it ? Wasted.

• Like 1

Not speaking to anyone in particular...

Is there a reason that your ships are obsolete but your enemy magically is not in the same situation?

Obsolete vs Obsolete might make for some pretty good battles. In fact, if you try, you might even forget your ship is obsolete.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Farrago said:

Not speaking to anyone in particular...

Is there a reason that your ships are obsolete but your enemy magically is not in the same situation?

Obsolete vs Obsolete might make for some pretty good battles. In fact, if you try, you might even forget your ship is obsolete.

That actually makes sense. Got so discouraged I didnt even think of that. With a friend we tested mast strength on fir fir ships. I quit  after my Connie got demasted by his endymion :( 11 hits on the main mast he said