Game-Labs Forum

>>>Alpha-7 Feedback<<<

6 hours ago, Staire said:

Within 100M... Still cannot hit a destroyer 🤣

Known issue, Dev’ won’t fix it, same for firing while badly listing issue, Dev’ won’t fix’s that either, in fact there has been alot of alpha issues like this but no fixes.  

Most likely the result of their small team and prioritizing more important things.

Ditto for this one, all torpedo tubes point to the target but not in the launch direction, an easy fix since the game already knows the launch angle and it’s a very simple matter of assigning the launch angle and not the target angle. Clearly an alpha issue and one that was reported a long time ago but no fix. Probably missed being prioritized so many times, it has been forgotten, just like all the others. 

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, akd said:

Well, to be fair that ship should be totally incapable of gunnery in that damage state, but of course guns / crews behave like automatons.  The main guns shouldn’t even be able to depress to aim at the destroyer!

I've encountered this problem with hardly damaged ships... This situation just happened to come up whilst playing so I snapped a shot.

You can also note that my damage instability modifier is far lower than the target fast speed modifier.

16 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Known issue, Dev’ won’t fix it, same for firing while badly listing issue, Dev’ won’t fix’s that either, in fact there has been alot of alpha issues like this but no fixes.  

I'm quite new to this game, and finding this out is pretty disheartening, tbh. I often encounter gunnery bugs and was prepared to give the game a pass, in the full expectation that they'd be fixed in the future. At the very least, I think it would really take the pressure off, and manage expectations, if Nick could publish an official development/bugfixing roadmap for Alpha-8 and beyond. "This is what we're working on now, this will be worked on in beta, this we won't fix before launch."

Otherwise, the devs have built a really incredibly platform, but... maybe we should all be arguing for just one thing, and that's modding ability so we can fix things to our own liking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SonicB said:

I'm quite new to this game, and finding this out is pretty disheartening, tbh. I often encounter gunnery bugs and was prepared to give the game a pass, in the full expectation that they'd be fixed in the future. At the very least, I think it would really take the pressure off, and manage expectations, if Nick could publish an official development/bugfixing roadmap for Alpha-8 and beyond. "This is what we're working on now, this will be worked on in beta, this we won't fix before launch."

Otherwise, the devs have built a really incredibly platform, but... maybe we should all be arguing for just one thing, and that's modding ability so we can fix things to our own liking.

Here is hoping. The game has so much promise... Would be a shame to not see it come to fruition.

Please for the love of god at least enable barbettes to be fine tuned in placing with left-ctrl plus mouse like how the turrets are placed, because having to keep doing designs like this are really starting to piss me off:

psjiZAa.png

yPEX8r8.png

This would be simplest yet most quality of life improvement to the shipbuilder, to allow us to build ships that are not so stupid. 

Edited by Whomst'd've
  • Like 8

4 hours ago, Whomst'd've said:

Please for the love of god at least enable barbettes to be fine tuned in placing with left-ctrl plus mouse like how the turrets are placed, because having to keep doing designs like this are really starting to piss me off:

psjiZAa.png

yPEX8r8.png

This would be simplest yet most quality of life improvement to the shipbuilder, to allow us to build ships that are not so stupid. 

@Nick Thomadis Lots of people have been asking for this, what are your thoughts?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Yeah the builder needs so much attention, as one of the main selling points of the game, it's current state is still so frustrating. Really wish to return to the game but, with the current state of the builder I can't bring myself to play it atm

Dev's stance on restricting placements was always going to be a very hard one for players to understand, I don't understand it! (part and parcel of my question in the Q&A thread). 

If there were a whole bunch more of placement nodes, why can't some of these nodes be turn off for the AI, thus allowing for more player options, it seems simple enough to code in. 

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Dev's stance on restricting placements was always going to be a very hard one for players to understand, I don't understand it! (part and parcel of my question in the Q&A thread). 

If there were a whole bunch more of placement nodes, why can't some of these nodes be turn off for the AI, thus allowing for more player options, it seems simple enough to code in. 

They could have a player selector in custom battles in slots so that when you pick AI in the slot (maybe different difficulties), it will then assign a different ship designer for the AI while a different ship designer will be assigned to the player tag instead.

Thats one way of doing it, but it kinda cumbersome doe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cptbarney said:

They could have a player selector in custom battles in slots so that when you pick AI in the slot (maybe different difficulties), it will then assign a different ship designer for the AI while a different ship designer will be assigned to the player tag instead.

Thats one way of doing it, but it kinda cumbersome doe.

I mean, for the custom battles wishlist, I'd love the ability to:

a) design all of my ships, not just one class
b) design the AI's ships, or pick from a list of my custom designs
c) select the AI designer's logic and priority weighting (eg: firepower, armour, speed.)

That said, the priority has to be asking for the simple fix of ctrl-placement for all objects. It's possible with turrets - why not towers, barbettes and funnels?

Finally, and relatedly... it would be really nice to restrict the AI designer's turret placement some more. I keep having to restart multi-class battles because the AI has given me some ridiculous-looking abortion of a warship with a pair of 4" secondaries stuck on the extreme bow right in front of its main battery. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, SonicB said:

I mean, for the custom battles wishlist, I'd love the ability to:

a) design all of my ships, not just one class
b) design the AI's ships, or pick from a list of my custom designs
c) select the AI designer's logic and priority weighting (eg: firepower, armour, speed.)

That said, the priority has to be asking for the simple fix of ctrl-placement for all objects. It's possible with turrets - why not towers, barbettes and funnels?

Finally, and relatedly... it would be really nice to restrict the AI designer's turret placement some more. I keep having to restart multi-class battles because the AI has given me some ridiculous-looking abortion of a warship with a pair of 4" secondaries stuck on the extreme bow right in front of its main battery. 

Yeah, i agree with all of that. I dont mind wacky ships and all. But when i want something more realistic and symmetrical i tend get annoyed seeing mental designs like secondary towers hanging of the arse of certain ships lol.

Im wondering when the stema release will happen unless thats already occured. Wondering if they will do any updates from then till the campaigns release.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

Yeah, i agree with all of that. I dont mind wacky ships and all. But when i want something more realistic and symmetrical i tend get annoyed seeing mental designs like secondary towers hanging of the arse of certain ships lol.

Im wondering when the stema release will happen unless thats already occured. Wondering if they will do any updates from then till the campaigns release.

Maybe that's why gunnery is kinda broken right now. If my gunners are crying with laughter it makes sense that they can't aim straight!

Damn, this is a detailed simulation.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, SonicB said:

Maybe that's why gunnery is kinda broken right now. If my gunners are crying with laughter it makes sense that they can't aim straight!

Damn, this is a detailed simulation.

Too be honest, Unity is a general purpose game engine so trying to get simulation perfect results will be very difficult and probs even next to impossible for smaller teams. This games niche is basically a 3d ship designer, with realism and a campaign but it depends how far they go with the realism too be honest. Still missing quite a few aspects of the game atm.

Probs explains why they fire their shells in a cross-eyed fashion half the time lol.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HusariuS said:

I'm just sitting here waiting for news and giving likes here and there...

Me atm:

Mr Bean Waiting GIF - MrBean Waiting StillWaiting GIFs

Just want, more content lol. I know it takes time, but i was never a fan of the valve treatment. Also im becoming less jumpy at news (sort of) so i wont go to extreme conclusions so quickly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HusariuS said:

I'm just sitting here waiting for news and giving likes here and there...

IKR... It's not good we haven't heard from them in weeks. I get it they want to ready for the Steam release now that the summer sale is over, but its kind of concerning they have chosen to clam up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

Well I join too. Waiting together is better then alone xd. I need some information, We need informations. And also there are lots of important questions in the community question thread. We need answers.

If I counted it correctly, there are currently 39 posts with questions in Community question thread and there are only two official posts with answers from devs. So I think that we can't expect answers for questions in community  questions forum.

They said that we will get patch notes once a month but they didn't say since when we can expect these.      It was written on 19th June so we might receive something in next few days. On the other hand they said that campaing will become absolute priority after steam release which might mean that these patch notes will not come before steam release (August).

If they can't tell us any news yet it would be really nice if they could at least tell us when we can expect any new information.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Aceituna said:

If I counted it correctly, there are currently 39 posts with questions in Community question thread and there are only two official posts with answers from devs. So I think that we can't expect answers for questions in community  questions forum.

They said that we will get patch notes once a month but they didn't say since when we can expect these.      It was written on 19th June so we might receive something in next few days. On the other hand they said that campaing will become absolute priority after steam release which might mean that these patch notes will not come before steam release (August).

If they can't tell us any news yet it would be really nice if they could at least tell us when we can expect any new information.

I was under the impression it was a 2 month cycle. Which would mean next month there would be a patch. 

Seems like even the youtubers are getting impatient.

This is like a full on siege atm, compared to alpha 5 lol. Im wondering when they will do the steam thing, think its soon like next month soon, but dont hold me to that lol.

Oh well, ill still check the forums. Dont see the point of not doing so.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...