Game-Labs Forum

Killed by invincible fire

Wojtek

I never thought I would have to put a topic here twice in a row in one week. 06.06.-02:30~ ST we had a battle under Baracoa, everything was going easy, most of opponents escaped the battle and we were finishing killing the Redoutable. I was getting closer to it and then, boom. The Redoutable blow up, and it wouldn't be weird if not the fact that fire was invincible. Was not visible visually and there wasn't small red square signalising the fire. As a result, i lost verry decent De Ruyter which was completely blowed-up. Im posting screenshot. (here, the Redoutable on right is the one which blowed up - no fire and sign, left of that is my Ruyter, dead from about 15 secs.)

I am aware that this kind of thing can happen and beacouse of that, i would ask for recompensating my ship, especially cause the Ruyter is such a rare one and it would be painfull to lost it due to some bug.

Best regards, Wojtek/Admiral Adalbert.

Edited by Wojtek

2 hours ago, Isaac J Smith said:

Is it possible someone hit the Magazine to make it boom?

Most probably lucky magazine hit. Seems they were a big party and many firing at same target. No wonder.

Where would it end with if everybody demanded 'compensations' for suffering from their own recklessness?

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Most probably lucky magazine hit. Seems they were a big party and many firing at same target. No wonder.

Where would it end with if everybody demanded 'compensations' for suffering from their own recklessness?

Thanks for the experts voice. 
No, noone Was shooting at the Redo for about 3-4 mins cause there was boarding ongoing. 
The ship blowd up without giving any indication. Please, be aware before calling someone reckless without any knowledge about the situation. o7

• Like 1

If you were aware that this type of thing can happen, then why were you not more cautious. As you say you were finishing off killing the ship so there was no need to get close, or maybe you were just trying to ensure you were in a position to loot it first.

20 minutes ago, Archaos said:

If you were aware that this type of thing can happen, then why were you not more cautious. As you say you were finishing off killing the ship so there was no need to get close, or maybe you were just trying to ensure you were in a position to loot it first.

Thanks for advice Captain. I will remember that surprise-blowing ships are completely normal thing. And seriously now, situation when ship blows up without any signs is not normal, so i just have asked for refund of a rare ship and reported the bug that developers would be aware. I don’t see anything improper here.

o7.

OK let's do this again! the ships was not on Fire at all,(at least we didn't see a fire and had no icon on the top right wen we kicked on him) nobody shot at him for few minutes the Redout was in bording, wojtek tried to push a teammate out of bording and all of a sudden the Redout had a fireshock and explodet out of now where!! 

I don't think that is normal and I don't think that is how it is intended by the Devs! 

@Ink what is your saying in this? 

Edited by Swedish Berserker

has anyone thought if it might be the magazine that was hit? and maybe it was fire starting internally in the ship close to the magazine? besides who knows where the magazine is anyway :)

Some people here could do with some practice in reading comprehension. 

As far as I know, from reading Admin's posts here. All explosions currently should be preceded by a fire and a fireshock that always gives enough time to brace your ship. Anything else sounds like a bug or a glitch. 

1 hour ago, SeaBrig said:

has anyone thought if it might be the magazine that was hit? and maybe it was fire starting internally in the ship close to the magazine? besides who knows where the magazine is anyway :)

Holy hello kitty how often do we have to say it!!!!? The ship was in bording and nobody was shooting at it for several minutes!!! We intentionally didn't shoot it to not set it on fire!!! And there was no Icon saying it is a. On fire or b. Has Magazin DMG!!!!! 

Aaaaand then it blew up 

2 hours ago, Never said:

Some people here could do with some practice in reading comprehension. 

As far as I know, from reading Admin's posts here. All explosions currently should be preceded by a fire and a fireshock that always gives enough time to brace your ship. Anything else sounds like a bug or a glitch. 

It is 15 seconds before exploding and 10 seconds for brace, that means you've got about 5 seconds to react. It's easy to miss, I know I've died from it by not paying attention.

9 hours ago, Swedish Berserker said:

OK let's do this again! the ships was not on Fire at all,(at least we didn't see a fire and had no icon on the top right wen we kicked on him) nobody shot at him for few minutes the Redout was in bording, wojtek tried to push a teammate out of bording and all of a sudden the Redout had a fireshock and explodet out of now where!! 

I don't think that is normal and I don't think that is how it is intended by the Devs! 

@Ink what is your saying in this? 

I see it's a little detective-quest for us! 😊 An apparently healthy Wapen sails away while a "smooth" battle lasting about 12 minutes - pirates all escaped by then - went south. My idea is: The redoutable surprise-boarded player one and broadsides during boarding. Player two tries to approach and push player one. Meanwhile player one caught fire in boarding and exploded in the instant player two arrives with full sails to push one away. All crews die, hence three white flags, while player three - perfectly healthy - sails away in the background doing nothing. Plausible?

• Like 2

OK again for everybody!! We all know ships can explode etc etc but even on the Screenshots u can see that there is no fire visible on non of the ships!! 

Redout was on fire (aperently Cuse it explodet) and reuyter also was on fire but u can't see the fire FFS!! 

We al lost ships in bording do to explosions that's OK! 

The only part we are trying to bring up is that the fire was not visible so we had no chance to react accordingly!!! 

6 hours ago, Swedish Berserker said:

The only part we are trying to bring up is that the fire was not visible so we had no chance to react accordingly!!! 

• Fire wont be visible if ship immediately goes to fireshock due to massive external cannon damage (cannonballs and splinters quickly spreading it across the deck) - every cannonball increases the radius of fire 
  • Fire wont be visible if fire happens right near the magazine/magazines - then ship will immediately go to fireshock and explode several seconds later -
  • Being under canon fire will speed up fire reaching the magazine or increase the radius enough to get into fireshock

Did you see the fireshock icon?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

didn't your enemy broadside while in boarding? we cannot see anything on the hidden ship in that screenshot. you claimed the enemy redout exploded and no one shot her while you also say player one needed to be pushed away from boarding! so your opponent knew what he was doing and surely tried to shoot his left guns as much as possible. why shouldn't he in this situation? surrounded by foes. and then the friendly ship exploded...

15 hours ago, admin said:
  • Fire wont be visible if ship immediately goes to fireshock due to massive external cannon damage (cannonballs and splinters quickly spreading it across the deck) - every cannonball increases the radius of fire 
  • Fire wont be visible if fire happens right near the magazine/magazines - then ship will immediately go to fireshock and explode several seconds later -
  • Being under canon fire will speed up fire reaching the magazine or increase the radius enough to get into fireshock

Did you see the fireshock icon?

Yes we saw the fireshock icon! 

But as we mentioned earlier nobody was shooting the Redout for several minutes do to the Fakt that he was in bording otherwise we would not even bother posting it! 

The Redout had the Connie in bording and me (Connie) and wojtek (reuyter) cam up from behind them to push away the Connie! Neater the Connie in bording or one if us shot the Redout during the whole posing action!