Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Welcome to the Caribbean Part 3 - Improved RVR, ROE and New player mission

admin

1 hour ago, Hittings said:

well this game has gotten pretty boring.    To think I am a 2 month old account spent over 150.00 and now there is no rvr, hardly any pvp, because population is down because people don't want to sink ships and replace them with stuff that would be trash in 1 day or 3 weeks.    The numbers on woods keep changing mainly because they tried to make teak and wo worthless so everyone would have to get new ships.   This game is declining faster than my bank account for playing it 2 months.  Your not going to get your population back if you don't start communicating the changes, sticking to those numbers, and giving a realistic time frame for these changes to happen.    Doubloons were suppose to be removed from shipbuilding 2 weeks ago..but that patch didn't happen.    I tried to give this game a fair shake, but whats the point without fights?   Every 2-3 days there is some new change to the upcoming patch that is going to be altered from the previous few days.   Everything being done is a knee jerk reaction.   Its easy to see why people are tired of buying DLC to play the game with a developer that clearly just wants to monetize them and speaking out is punished with bans.   Talking about removing battlechat/global chat because you don't want to issue warnings/bans and actually have to work a support queue.

Time to start looking for other options to spend my time on.

Go to LA torture. Patrol zones  or to the brits Belize or to our nation French. There is enough pvp. You just need to look where 

Time to start looking for other options to spend my time on.

Hang in there, the game often has these quiet periods and will then pick back up again, use the time to make friends, get to know players in other clans/nations, unlock slots and trade etc if there isn't a lot of PVP action around. But you'll always find a fight around free ports.

quiet periods I understand...not sure what to replace my ships with because they keep changing the upcoming wood values every 2 days is the main concern...changes to ship building...everything is paralyzed right now... a week or two then i'm on to the next game.   I get the point of trading etc, but i'm already above 35 million....its boring.

22 minutes ago, Hittings said:

I get the point of trading etc, but i'm already above 35 million....its boring.

You should make a guide - we are still bombarded by hatemail that its very hard to make money in the game. And poor rookies are only sailing cutters with 2 reals in the pocket.

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Hittings said:

quiet periods I understand...not sure what to replace my ships with because they keep changing the upcoming wood values every 2 days is the main concern...changes to ship building...everything is paralyzed right now... a week or two then i'm on to the next game.   I get the point of trading etc, but i'm already above 35 million....its boring.

Don't chase the meta and big ships. Small ships are more fun, solo raiding in  privateer  or prince with carros you'll enjoy the challenge and have a lot of laughs in the process. 

• Like 2

I can take some reals of you to get the thrill of trading :P
I for one appreciate the RvR puase,  getting my economy better now... it will start soon enough as we now know

3 hours ago, Hittings said:

The values on woods haven't been changed in a long time, so that's not quite fair. Changes were announced and due to feedback, the devs decided to hold back on the changes. So they listened to the community immediately... isn't that good a thing? 

You can find PvP if you head to the main areas of most nations. If you have that much money then making any throw away pvp ships should be no problem. Hold back on making any amazing ships and just make anything good enough to pvp. No need to think on it that hard. 

Edited by Never

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 12:03 PM, admin said:

New player experience

• New player mission is added to the game. The mission will let the player experience the beauty of the game right when he joins instead of overwhelming port UI. Player will immediately get into battle, learn by doing like in original sea trials and will have to deliver a message after a battle to a capital of his nation.

I never saws that in game. Is it implemented?

(I am trying to sample forum topics, explanations, links, screen shot shots and so on to update the guide. My God, what a mess! Please help!)

4 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

Me too. From the explanation I assume that it only is visible to a complete new player character.

1 minute ago, Louis Garneray said:

Let just hope that the wood that is available to the DLC ship won't be useless compared to the new woods or we might see a bunch of unsatisfied costumers and the one source of income dry out for Game Labs.

I think the whole wood thingy is overrated. Make differences between woods only slightly and let players get some woods on rare occasions so that you are happy to be able to craft a vessel with a rare wood but in 17th century a crafter had to take what he gets from local resources. No one could wait 5 years to collect some rare woods.

Improve RVR: When is that improve getting implemented and can we have the Old system back as long the new one isnt reday to be implemented? Please 50% of my Naval action fun is RVR. 45% is PVP (Which is actualy a bit hello kittyed up caurse of the Tagging system) So i just have the most Booring parts: 5% Trading, gathering recaurces and PVE... 

23 hours ago, Knuddel said:

So i just have the most Booring parts:

I would not sign this:

• PVE can be thrilling too especially when jumped by another player. It is challenging too, when fighting bigger ships (and then more rewarding!)
  • Gathering resources is a central game mechanism. Without it it would soon turn into a battle room game. We had this already and it got less player interest.

If you are bored maybe ask team mates to split the work up.

On 6/15/2020 at 3:22 PM, Aquillas said:

(I am trying to sample forum topics, explanations, links, screen shot shots and so on to update the guide. My God, what a mess! Please help!)

Yep, been in a couple of weeks now. My friend bought the game and was dropped straight into it before he got to go to port and start the tutorials.

10 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Can you explain this part ? Thank you.

PVE means leveling ships or collecting books or collecting doubloons.

For this you must go into enemy waters, because AI ships only spawn at enemy ports. This is indeed thrilling. If you are discovered I bet you gonna be ambushed by enemy players. Not boring at all.