Game-Labs Forum

Remove seasoned woods from dlc ships

6 minutes ago, squeekydoor said:

I feel the issue people are having with dlc ships is that you can get seasoned wooded ships And logs everyday without having to grind.  I feel the community would feel better about these ships if they weren’t seasoned.

Thanks and sail safe,

Squeekydoor

Im disagree. When i buy redoutable i buy because i can redem it with seasoned woods, so if this is remove now, i want my money back.

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Despe said:

Im disagree. When i buy redoutable i buy because i can redem it with seasoned woods, so if this is remove now, i want my money back.

+1

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Terrible idea.  DLC users matter!

I understand I use dlc but the rest of the community also matters and they are upset about them being seasoned.  They are not upset that there in game there just upset there seasoned.  The issue is that seasoned woods are as good as port bonuses so you can get away with just using them.  I love the amount in game and I sail my redoubtable a lot I’m just speaking up for the little man.

24 minutes ago, Despe said:

it shouldnt be the reason to buy the dlc though, it main reason to buy the dlc is to get fast action, you can get fast action with normal woods aswell we've gotten that since they added requin dlc. To redeem it with seasoned would should logically make you add those seasoned woods when you redeem them, but i guess the devs skipped that point to get more revenue. Smart in their mind, bad for the gameplay and other only craftable ships

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

22 minutes ago, Serk said:

Seasonned woods are easier to get since today's hotfix, as PVP reward for exemple.

Therefore, conventional woods are so obsolete and any comparison has to be made on ships with woods seasoned with maximum port bonuses that will be with which the players go out to make PVP from now on.

Remove seasoned woods from DLC ship will upset many people. Many people will ask for a refund and it will also reduce the rate of DLC sales in the future. The best way is to increase access to the seasoned woods. The lv3 forest building should have low rate to producing the seasoned woods, about 5~10% and should cost doubloons to upgrade.

In my opinion, seasoned wood shouldnot be rare, it should be expensive but accessible to most people. 

5 hours ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

How many players do you think is in game and how many have replied? 

Does it matter? With that large of a sample, I'd say the forums have spoken; quite a few NA development decisions to date have been made on a forumite consensus.

4 hours ago, Tristan Wolfe said:

Geth just no

no u. Vote for what you want, but know the opposition will not be silenced.

10 hours ago, squeekydoor said:

I feel the issue people are having with dlc ships is that you can get seasoned wooded ships And logs everyday without having to grind.  

This is why People have to pay real cash for them. And the outcome of logs when breaking them is near nill. Not even worth the time. Devs already made it easier go get seasoned Woods in the OW. So stop crying.

Edited by Smoothie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Guess it is a question abouth what ppl think is fun.

people think winning is fun, which is the reason people are defending the dlc's and threaten to ask for refund for their dlc's if the seasoned woods for them are changed, because then they would have to compete on equal terms. They bring that as a reason now, but it was never a reason for refund when we had them as normal woods, just after they implemented possibility for seasoned woods to dlc's, so you can say the devs contradict their own statements and kind of stabs the majority of their community in their back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

This is why People have to pay real cash for them.

No its not, the intention with DLC ships from what admin has said is to bring faster content, pvp and pve.

You dont need a seasoned ship to do that. It worked for 2+ years from when we got DLC's until they added seasoned woods. And firstly NOW people are using their dlc's to breakup to farm seasoned woods, so the intention to get a DLC is not working as intended. Yes of course some people use their redoutables to fight with, but as already proven all other dlc's are mostly used to breakup and get these seasoned wood, not faster content!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

No its not, the intention with DLC ships from what admin has said is to bring faster content, pvp and pve.

You dont need a seasoned ship to do that. It worked for 2+ years from when we got DLC's until they added seasoned woods. And firstly NOW people are using their dlc's to breakup to farm seasoned woods, so the intention to get a DLC is not working as intended. Yes of course some people use their redoutables to fight with, but as already proven all other dlc's are mostly used to breakup and get these seasoned wood, not faster content!

As said seasoned Woods are much easier to get in OW as per Devs. So stop whining and sail out to get your precious s logs NOW.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

As said seasoned Woods are much easier to get in OW as per Devs. So stop whining and sail out to get your precious s logs NOW.

still my point stands, people use them to breakup to go around a game mechanic instead of using them as they were intended to use

18 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

I am not going to pretend to be a advocate, so the legal part I am hardly the right to answer.

Imo from a buisness point devs have made there choise in regard to dlc and how they work. If you ask me from a buisness point, if they would put in things that nerf a dlc after ppl have bought it. Well would think it would be bad. If you can’t trust them, ppl would simply not buy. But thats just my opinion.

ofcourse from a business pov its great, but for gameplay and thrust to the community it sucks. Thats also the reason i havent bought any dlc after the flag dlc, and never touched any of the ship dlc's after hercules, which i was basically obliged to get since it was the meta for shallow PB's 1 year ago

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 1

Simple solution:

Combat the powercreep and make the game skill-based. Atm it is not. Remove port bonus' and fine woods, or make it readily available for all willing to do the grind. The same with mods.

@admin has already stated that for proposals to be considered it must not take anything away from other players. Therefore I actually support the patch that increases the availabillity of fine woods and you can't "remove" fine woods from DLC ships because, well ppl would ask for refunds and it's against the criteria for proposals to be considered.