Game-Labs Forum

Free ships for poor captains

1 hour ago, Medniy Sandal said:

After passing 1 exam, the ship is given.

After the final frigate Hercules.

Plus Pandora's frigate can be made every day, in any tree. How many more ships does it take for a new player?

Many people remember the times when it was impossible to quickly raise the level after the final exam. Personally, I think that the introduction of rapid level up after the final exam is a mistake.  It killed the game on small frigates. There is no "experience ladder" when you have to learn the basics of control from a small fast sailing boat to 1 rayte. 

Sorry, translated with translator

Pandora is only free for pre-release players, the other have to buy it.

Without some experience, the exam ships are lost within a few day.

It is easy to say, that shipless captains shall just cap an ai, when you know how to play. The game became really complex in the last years, so that noobs need some support. Especially since they do not have the practice room we had in 2016. They will loose many ships before starting ho win a battle. 

9 hours ago, Medniy Sandal said:

After passing 1 exam, the ship is given.

After the final frigate Hercules.

Plus Pandora's frigate can be made every day, in any tree. How many more ships does it take for a new player?

Many people remember the times when it was impossible to quickly raise the level after the final exam. Personally, I think that the introduction of rapid level up after the final exam is a mistake.  It killed the game on small frigates. There is no "experience ladder" when you have to learn the basics of control from a small fast sailing boat to 1 rayte. 

Sorry, translated with translator

What about all the new players who quit the game because exam 4 is to hard for them, you actually need some OW experience to pass it, DLC starter packs would be perfect.

Note: Final exam is for experience players who have reset there character so they can advance to M&C, as stated by Dev's. The final exam is not for new players, please do not imply ("After the final frigate Hercules") that the final exam is for new players.

Edited by BuckleUpBones

12 hours ago, admin said:
  • Недружелюбность мира и отсутствие описаний

Это все фичи. Это так и задумано.

А как это сочетается с вашими планами по контенту для новых игроков, которые даже до фрегата не докачиваются?
Вроде раньше вас такое беспокоило...

I disagree, pax missions and cargo missions are there. Ships are already cheap to buy for new players. There is the basic cutter, shop ships are 1500-15k dubloons reals.

In this pain inflicting and suffering simulator, we sometimes need the tears. Gid gud...

Edited by AeRoTR

4 hours ago, BuckleUpBones said:

What about all the new players who quit the game because exam 4 is to hard for them, you actually need some OW experience to pass it, DLC starter packs would be perfect.

Note: Final exam is for experience players who have reset there character so they can advance to M&C, as stated by Dev's. The final exam is not for new players, please do not imply ("After the final frigate Hercules") that the final exam is for new players.

When I joined this game at the end of August beginning of September I tryed every day the two exams. They are hard but not impossible and on internet I found some guides. After that I captured a t brig with my cutter and I started to trade.. Is hard but not impossible. 

17 hours ago, admin said:

Когда вы видите в портовой битве адмирала на первом рейте или торгаша с индиаманом везущим товар во вражескую столицу. Вы можете быть уверены, он превозмог и у него огромные стальные шары

Когда мы такое видим - мы запускаем в портовую битву против двух таких первых рейтов трех Кристианов по БР, а индиамана ловим несколькими фрегатами :)

Впрочем и в том, и в другом случае этот с шарами может быть нашим ботом или даже двойным агентом.

Откуда сокланам обладателя первого рейта на ПБ знать, что этот обладатель получил в реале 200 евро, собранные по копеечке с огромного клана атакуюшей важный город стороны. Первый рейт сражался как лев, но...был захвачен двумя последовательными абордажами с двух Кристианов и включен во флот атакующей державы. А его бывший обладатель, двойной агент, включен в список защитников и на следующее ПБ, и в список ПБ-пачки, пытающейся отбить потерянный город. Ему даже возмещен потерянный первый рейт, ведь это обладатель огромных стальных шаров)

Во втором случае обладатель индиамана даже не качался до первого рейта, а попросту перебил заявку на дропающиеся в городе медные слитки и вывез приличное их количество во вражескую столицу - не возбуждая подозрений.

Ребята, вводите описания и публикуйте, пожалуйста, патчноты, и на русском языке тоже. Иначе, пока игроки разбираются в этих хитросплетениях и замыслах - обыкновенная коррупция может быть выдана за скилл, доблесть.

И, кстати, наоборот - честные игроки, затупившие один раз (не разобравшись в свежем патче) - могут быть затравлены говорливыми клеветниками и выброшены из игры.

Edited by Rolando

The start of the game is not easy, hovewer considering the price of ships crafted by admirality mainly in the shops of capital ports, and availability of trade missions (transport missions, which you can easily do by BC, then get tbrights for the cargo missions for doublons, which are so desperstely needed for anything slightly advanced)... it is easy to earn basic money and start working economy based on using labour hours to produce and craft things. Therefore, there is not the need for free ships appart the BC and cheap ships given by admirality.

• Like 1

With the easy access to DLCs, and simple options to obtain ships in game, there is really no need to give 5th rates away for free.  

I just grabbed a B.Cutter and delivered a Passenger to a port near by.  With the money from the delivery I bought 2 TSnows (there were 3 ports along the coast that had TSnows).  I grabbed 2 Cargo missions and after a short sail made enough on the two deliveries to buy an Admiralty  [White Oak(s)/Crew Space] - 5th rate ( and equip it with 9pd longs and a full set of repairs). And I have 39k reals cash.  With 2 more deliveries I can equip the ship with 32pd carros.  I can sell both of the TSnows for more than I paid for them but a Newb might keep them for more deliveries.

I don't think we would improve the game by dumbing it down even more.    

We could use a few more key points in the "Tips"

• Economy Missions (briefly explain)
  • Trader Ships are needed to enter foriegn ports.

• Like 3

On 2/13/2020 at 8:43 AM, BuckleUpBones said:

1) Most top clans won’t accept newbies.

What's a top clan exactly? One that smashes in RVR? There are plenty of good cooperative clans that maybe wouldn't be called 'top clans' and they certainly acceot new payers and help out with free ships, advice, training,invitations to group play, the works.

• Like 2