Game-Labs Forum

Wasa feedback

@admin wasa being back as a top ship in his class . 

of course there's nothing wrong for being the best of the rest,.... i have some remarks:

on the wasa and the tactical use in some areas of deployment  .

namely the SOL being used as a heavy frigate .

i am not going to explain what those deployments are , but 

i want to suggest a  balance on 2 items to fit more in his original role  as a SOL ........still on top.

1. the acceleration to 0.088

2. turn speed  to 2.2

it works like a multiplier (S x A x T )on this ship in contrast to the other 3 and 4 rate

the reason for this is to ensure that the wasa does not get a bet...... that is only used for a certain reason in some area  ... 

which actually threatens and even eradicates the use of the "other" ships. 

or increase the 1/2/3 rate:  acceleration and turn speed... of the other ships to make them more competitive

Edited by Thonys

Wasa neither needs nerfs nor buffs. The sole  reason we see her in OW that much is that no permit is needed to build her and the cost in doubloons is reasonable.

Wasa vs. USS US:
Skill will mostly decide. Wasa has turn rate advantage and those jucy 32pd cannons. USS US has higher top speed, HP galore and can do well upclose with her lower profile and her 42pd carronades.

Wasa vs. Conny:
Same as above. Conny has even more HP than USS US and 4 very strong bow chasers (18pd). Boarding advantage for Wasa (obviously).

Wasa vs 3rd rate (74):
Assuming both carry Carronades on top Wasa only has a slight speed and turn rate advantage. 3rd rate wins on Damage, HP, Sail HP, and Crew. Unless the Wasa captain really shines at outmaneuvering the 3rd rate he will have a hard time.

Wasa vs. Bellona:
Bellona wins in every single aspect (even speed) except turn rate. Won't help an idiot in a Bellona against a strong PvPer in a Wasa but on stats alone no contest.

Wasa is not the best third rate by a long shot. She is just the best freely available third rate. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Never said:

Wasa also has the disadvantage of having a tiny hold. Instead of nerfing Wasa, I think the standard 3rd rate needs a buff. For a permit ship, it kind of sucks, it doesn't shine at anything. 

Yes. Her speed was reduced: 10,6  instead 11.36 that's too much. I think 10,9 will be  perfectly.

St. Pavel 10 kn. Lets him go 10.4

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Never said:

Wasa also has the disadvantage of having a tiny hold. Instead of nerfing Wasa, I think the standard 3rd rate needs a buff. For a permit ship, it kind of sucks, it doesn't shine at anything. 

13 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

I like the Wasa but who would sail others ships when there is the Wasa, only Bellona is a better ship and she needs permit. 

I mean, why don't we see 3rd rates? 

its because the 18pd cannons suck vs anything bigger then a heavy frigate. And i agree with you, i would have traded the spots for crafting a wasa you would need a permit and the standard 3rd rate you wouldnt need it. But also a reason the 18pd suck is because we're fighting at 500m + which is high above the effective range of most cannons. Maybe to balance that it could be an idea to even out more the pen values between 18-42pd cannons

Edited by erelkivtuadrater