Game-Labs Forum

Seasonal Update: Treacherous Waters - Preliminary information

admin

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

This does not work as the hunters can also get the wind gusts and catch you easier. I had a Wasa going faster than my Trader Lynx because he had a better wind gust than I had. Previously there was no chance of being caught in my Trader Lynx by a Wasa and now there is. All he needs is a good tag and prepared and I am demasted before I get out from the loading screen.

I was going 9 knots with a max gust (boost) at 15 degrees to wind in HMS Leopard just this morning. 
Are you sure trader lynx is slower than 9 knots at 15 degrees (even unfitted). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

PB hostility noob question: Do acquired hostility percent survive maintenance so I can continue tomorrow or have to start all over again? From zero?

resets at 0 to stop prepping for next day. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, admin said:

I was going 9 knots with a max gust (boost) at 15 degrees to wind in HMS Leopard just this morning. 
Are you sure trader lynx is slower than 9 knots at 15 degrees (even unfitted). 

But this is not the point. The point is, using your example, that a Leopard with a max gust boost can go faster than a T.Lynx without it at the T.Lynxes best point of sail, while before this was impossible. So trading is now even more risky. Previousy in my gold speed modded T. Lynx I only had to worry about Princes or Privateers catching me, while now I have to worry about much larger ships catching me because they have found a wind gust before me.

If the position of the wind gusts remains constant then the hunters will camp the gusts ready to activate it when they see a trader approaching but before a trader can get to the gust.

For example, today there was two gusts outside Tumbado on east and one west of the port. All you need to do is have a spotter on the dock and a hunter on one of the gusts and when a trader leaves the hunter is told to activate and swoop in to catch the trader well before they reach the gust.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

For example, today there was two gusts outside Tumbado on east and one west of the port. All you need to do is have a spotter on the dock and a hunter on one of the gusts and when a trader leaves the hunter is told to activate and swoop in to catch the trader well before they reach the gust.

Hey! Damn it! Stop giving away pirate pactics! We already made this happen today few times :D

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dread Pirate West said:

4k reals for a T-brig
Is that... Buying all your resources from the market? Or Producing each one for your own use?
Are you accounting for the labor hours used with that run?

What about the cost of a normal battle, two players enter one player leaves, say solo Patrol? Two snows, each one about 5k to build, between 4k and 30k for guns (depending on your preferred loadout) and 3 mods. Each mod was about 20k, some cheaper, some more expensive. A loadout of repairs was about 20/10/40, each about 200 reals per

On the mid end, thats about 96k of reals worth for a snow fight.

Grab a trinc, do the math, what is the replacement cost for that trincomalee?

Your high end mission should cover the cost of getting into a fighting ship, not a percentage of one. We want more combat, not less. If the issue is doubloons being too lucrative for missions, directly convert them into reals for use rather than mixing them. Have passenger only missions which are worth 50 doubloons, and cargo missions worth 200k reals.

The economy was fine, rare mods were expensive and took investment to get. Cheap mods were plentiful. Building your own mods and selling them to the market was a good source of income. Now the available cash reserves of most players will have significantly dropped, which really does mean less overall flow. Less mods being built, less ships sailing the significantly less rewarding missions, and overall decreased economy.

Its not like the cost of production has gone down similarly to the average pocket book after all.

I buy trader's brigs at 8k from open market.

4k is base resource costs.

what terrible market you are trying to buy from?

14 minutes ago, Archaos said:

But this is not the point. The point is, using your example, that a Leopard with a max gust boost can go faster than a T.Lynx without it at the T.Lynxes best point of sail, while before this was impossible.

You have not answered the question. What is the speed of lynx at 20-15 degrees to wind (its best point?) in OW.

18 minutes ago, admin said:

You have not answered the question. What is the speed of lynx at 20-15 degrees to wind (its best point?) in OW.

I do not know what the actual speed should be, as I do not have all the data to calculate what it should be, but I do know that with the current patch much larger ships with the speed boost from gusts can catch ships without the speed boost that they should never be able to catch when at their best point of sail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, admin said:

We did.. This is a well calculated change and we did give them enough time. they are generating too much money.

Delivery missions doubloons never coming back (they still can grant doubloons but not as much as before. 
Doubloons (gold) is supposed to be earned by PVE/PVP  battle activities. 

Yeah make it even more RNG ... i fought at least 20 ships since the patch ... just a single one had doubs on it ... it is described as sandbox game but you wanna force players to do what you consider is right? i do agree they rewarded too much but the trade good shipping is even more boring ... there is no proper trade system in this game ... stupidly sailing from one port to another to place contracs and do the same rout over and over again ... well ... 

i returned to this game after a while and felt oh they really improved something made it a bit less grindy ... actually more then just 1 way to make progress ... now it's getting reverted ... well done

i was reading about new wind mechanic and i though wow thats great ... and now i saw it and think: really? i'm sorry but this is riddiculus 

and by the way i missed your friendly replys o your customers

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I do not know what the actual speed should be, as I do not have all the data to calculate what it should be, but I do know that with the current patch much larger ships with the speed boost from gusts can catch ships without the speed boost that they should never be able to catch when at their best point of sail.

Is your comment  purely theoretical and you have no information and just post to waste time?  I will insist. 
Is unboosted lynx OR  boosted wasa is faster at 15 degrees to wind?
You claim that boosted wasa is faster at Lynx best point. If you believe its true you can of course asnwer the simple question

What is the speed of Lynx at its best point in OW ? 

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Is your comment  purely theoretical and you have no information and just post to waste time?  I will insist. 
Is unboosted lynx OR  boosted wasa is faster at 15 degrees to wind?
You claim that boosted wasa is faster at Lynx best point.
I ask what is the speed of Lynx at its fastest point in OW ? 

Well you have the information so tell us, at the T. Lynx best point of sail what is its speed supposed to be and what is the speed of the Wasa at that same point of sail? That way we can see whether if you boost the Wasa by 80 or 90% it can be faster than the T. Lynx. You do not provide us such data so our comments come from in game observations and I did see a Wasa faster than my T. Lynx, so what else am I supposed to say?

You keep info hidden from the players and then when we raise an issue you act as if we have the same info as yourself to do the comparison.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DreadPirateBob said:

Are we also allowed to insist?

b/c you also haven't answered my argument that this patch makes life disproportionately much harder for smaller nations than it does for bigger ones.

I actually did answer. I will repeat there would be no difference. 
The fact that you did not like the answer - does not make my answer dissapear. 

6 minutes ago, Archaos said:

You do not provide us such data so our comments come from in game observations and I did see a Wasa faster than my T. Lynx, so what else am I supposed to say?

The data was provided right on the screen in front of you in the corner. There is OW speed indicator and if you were sailing at your best wind point you probably could have checked that speed when wasa was gaining on you (just to see maybe something was wrong). So what was that speed on YOUR t lynx if you were on the best point? 

Or you were sailing downwind and finally (because of strong wing gusts - light ships could be vulnerable if they are not paying attention? 

8 minutes ago, admin said:

The data was provided right on the screen in front of you in the corner. There is OW speed indicator and if you were sailing at your best wind point you probably could have checked that speed when wasa was gaining on you (just to see maybe something was wrong). So what was that speed on YOUR t lynx if you were on the best point? 

Or you were sailing downwind and finally (because of strong wing gusts - light ships could be vulnerable if they are not paying attention? 

I do not constantly check my speed, but I do know when a vessel is catching me. According to the information on Naval Action Map, which I believe is taken from the API the Leopard has a very poor upwind sailing profile, yet earlier you said you had it doing 9 knots close to the wind, that is a huge boost. Also in OW the ships as far as I am aware do not follow the sailing profile exactly when close to the wind as they were too slow, so there was a minimum speed introduced. How does this affect ships sailing with a speed boost? Again this is information that you have and we do not have access to, we do not know how you have applied the speed boost to the points of sail that were adjusted for better speed.

You have tried to make the discussion vessel specific to detract from the point I was making that with the speed boost vessels that should not have been able to catch other vessels can now do so and this is wrong.

2 hours ago, koltes said:

I dont get it... How do you make money now?

They removed Doubloons from delivery missions
They made reals profit 2 times less

But what was given instead? I've been checking trade goods and there is nothing that is worth sailing and risking my investments.
Fighting for Reals? But while raids giving decent amount of doubloons (30k) they give bugger all reals (40k).
p9XKkgg.png

lvl3 shipyard cost 3,000,000 reals so I will need organise group of 6 players and do 75 raids just to build ONE freaking shipyard???

What am I missing?

...and dont forget the 85.000 Dubloons to make a LvL 3 Shipyard !!!

Good luck to any nation who lost a major port and countless players has to relocate their Shipyards...

This update is soless thought through, its beyond recognition... just FUBAR came to my mind :P 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

I also do not get it.. @koltes whats up? You have made millions in marks and you complain about 40k reals.. ? Whats going on there? Too many whiners around spoiling your mood?

Honestly @admin, your answer directed towards @koltes (nothing against you Mate) like he is an old friend and when he complains, you listen...shows your attitude against the normal, casual player :( 

Over and out

2 hours ago, DreadPirateBob said:

Your absolute first question when designing a change should be "how will this affect DE, FR, DK, SE", not "How will this affect RU, GB, VP".

i agree...but @admin should for and foremost ALWAYS ask himself:

"How would a change affect poorer players and people newer to the game ???"

Edited by Sir Max Magic

26 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

Honestly @admin, your answer directed towards @koltes (nothing against you Mate) like he is an old friend and when he complains, you listen...shows your attitude against the normal, casual player :( 

Over and out

I know Koltes personally. I will talk this way to a lot of people here on the forum.
Not sure you mean by attitude. You are probably kissing your wife when she complains and listen, I do not hold it against me. 

49 minutes ago, Archaos said:

You have tried to make the discussion vessel specific to detract from the point I was making that with the speed boost vessels that should not have been able to catch other vessels can now do so and this is wrong.

Cutter sails 25 at 20 degrees to wind angle. Lynx is even faster. I think you were not sailing at your best angle. Boosted wasa speed would definitely be lower than 25. 
Thats why i am asking about exact numbers. I will not waste QA time on theories. Show me the "money" screen or give me data.

3 hours ago, koltes said:

No, but I know how the economy works. If you think that I will be making as much Reals selling doubloons and Combat marks then its not gonna happen as the prices on them gonna drop. Simple supply and demand. Reals now hard to make and Combat marks are easier with this...

Also how is solo player gonna survive? I mean he cant do raids so that out of question. Still trading doing 50k per delivery mission.
Thats 40+ missions just to afford to complete the shipyard. Each mission takes about half hour in average.
Thats 20+ hours of game time spent on just building the shipyard?
Also where is he gonna get 50k doubloons if he doesnt do raids?

If this patch is about stopping trade runs then we gonna have MUCH traders doing runs, which also means less hunters in OW.

Why do we have trade goods in shops? Can we at least go back to trading like it was before? There must be some way to make money OUTSIDE PVE/PVP that people would afford to live on and progress in the game.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Real trading is buying trading goods and new wind gusts make them more lucrative. Delivery missions ARE not to make money for the lvl 3 shipyard. PVE is. Find a hunting spot and just rob combat and trading ships. Its much easier to find targets now. And travel is finally a bit more exciting. 

@admin, i can agree atleast on the highlighted part...but if you want us to do so, you should start equipping Trader Ships again with a decent amount of DUBLOONS !

...because THIS was the main source of Dubs BEFORE you invented the delivery missions...and honestly, it was much more fun to hunt Traders in OW then to do those silly missions :P 

...and it provided more content because Players had to sail in atleast decent warships in enemy waters to find all those traders...

But like it is now, every 1 of 10 Traders gives you a few hundred Dubs ?? Cant see it

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

Over and out

Lol I was just bugging admin for a long... log time now :D

1 hour ago, Tortue Agile said:

My question was serious about asking if there was a safe space on this forum where we can discuss patch without interfering with the invaluable information you provide us on this patch update. ... but you removed it without leaving an answer.

Your first question was vague and off topic. As you may see from 9 pages there IS a heated active discussion of the patch and people are sharing concerns and feedback.
Ask away. 

53 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

@admin, i can agree atleast on the highlighted part...but if you want us to do so, you should start equipping Trader Ships again with a decent amount of DUBLOONS !

...because THIS was the main source of Dubs BEFORE you invented the delivery missions...and honestly, it was much more fun to hunt Traders in OW then to do those silly missions :P 

...and it provided more content because Players had to sail in atleast decent warships in enemy waters to find all those traders...

But like it is now, every 1 of 10 Traders gives you a few hundred Dubs ?? Cant see it

Didn't you look on the raids?? 30k doubloons for one raid. That's the way how get the doubloons fast. You need to risk something to get something. Easy :)

• Like 1