Game-Labs Forum

318 On-Line....Time to worry?

1 hour ago, admin said:

Where are you making this ***  from?
Game Labs is not a Russian game company and is not located in Russia. Your racists statements make all other the points you make irrelevant and unreadable.
We value humans from all countries and timezones: from United States to Vietnam to State of Texas, and listen to all of them. 

It can only be racist if it's about race... Otherwise it's xenophobia. So I guess he is xenophobic.

21 hours ago, admin said:

Where are you making this ***  from?
Game Labs is not a Russian game company and is not located in Russia. Your racists statements make all other the points you make irrelevant and unreadable.
We value humans from all countries and timezones: from United States to Vietnam to State of Texas, and listen to all of them. 

Ok so change that BR ! As we , 90 percent of your human community want since the release ! If you dont trust me , make a vote ! 

This change in BR will not increase the server population. But maybe, some content for new players could do it. Especially if some in-game rule protect them against permanent ganking in capital aread, by a handfull of always the same players, farming there their glorious medals, using intensively their Elite Insulting Refit when being counter ganked, etc. 

In-game population question can be solved only by in-game rules.

For the moment, in-game rules are just pushing and increasing ganking and new player farming (medals, leaderboard, upgrades that not a single casual player can have, etc.) In other words, in-game rules are preventing new players to stay in game.

New players can't survive. New players have no content. What more to explain recurrent server depopulation? 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

For the moment, in-game rules are just pushing and increasing ganking and new player farming (medals, leaderboard, upgrades that not a single casual player can have, etc.) In other words, in-game rules are preventing new players to stay in game.

maybe there shouldn´t be a leaderboard at all dear aquillas. you and me, hunting with lynxes, brigs and cutters won´t be on it anyway ;)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

maybe there shouldn´t be a leaderboard at all dear aquillas. you and me, hunting with lynxes, brigs and cutters won´t be on it anyway ;)

Sometimes, I feel guilty for using smaller ships.No reward, slow progress, even if developer is trying to refrain use of some ships by permits. As a consequence, I am no more authorized to counter Indefatigables and Trincomalees by Niagaras.

The combination of use of fast and maneuverable ships and bigger ones is the easiest way to counter "capital farmers". And the kill is not for us. I even do it using NPC's. Killing a Herc this week, who attacked my Navy Brig. But I did not get the kill, NPC got it. I also got a Surprise that way: I was in a privateer, helped by an IA Cerberus (which got the kill).

And sometimes, I am insulted by players when using small ships. Last time yesterday, Navy Brig vs Requin. (Yes, I made the useless report, 6 times in the same fight).

Edited by Aquillas

11 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

Sometimes, I feel guilty for using smaller ships.No reward, slow progress, even if developer is trying to refrain use of some ships by permits. As a consequence, I am no more authorized to counter Indefatigables and Trincomalees by Niagaras.

And sometimes, I am insulted by players for doing so. Last time yesterday. (Yes, I made the useless report, 6 times in the same fight).

think it would be much better if they had a ratio of PVP leaderboard kills depending on ship vs ship, e.g. winning 3rd rate vs 1st rate should yield more points on the leaderboard rather then 1st rate vs 1st rate, as its considered harder.

Also there NEEDS to be some kind of reward to stay at the e.g top 3 on the leaderboard, and i think it should arrive in therms of cosmetic, special paint, flag thats redeemable as long as you are number 1 on the leaderboard would be cool and make stuff interesting. Imagine a golden Jolly Roger for pirates or something 

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

think it would be much better if they had a ratio of PVP leaderboard kills depending on ship vs ship, e.g. winning 3rd rate vs 1st rate should yield more points on the leaderboard rather then 1st rate vs 1st rate, as its considered harder

Indeed! 

And also some penalties for systematic use of Wasas against Surprises, Trincs or PFrig against trader Brigs etc.

Might be a reputation system, which could limit the maximum crew of such "farmers". Players could farm around the clock, with consequences...

The last Indiaman  I sunk? I was in a Lynx (1v1).

Edited by Aquillas

On 8/29/2019 at 8:14 AM, Riot stick said:

To much grind... to little "action".

Yeah, And when we ask that all ships be allowed permits for more action, then they are thrown at our necks.

On 8/29/2019 at 7:18 AM, LegoLarry said:

All games lose population

True, but this game is unique in its kind. If they focused more on letting build any ship without so many difficulties, as before, I think a good player base would be maintained. Making the game so hardcore, lowering rewards, permits etc. drives away people who don't have so many hours a day to play but still love the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Aquillas said:

Indeed! 

And also some penalties for systematic use of Wasas against Surprises, Trincs or PFrig against trader Brigs etc.

Might be a reputation system, which could limit the maximum crew of such "farmers". Players could farm around the clock, with consequences...

The last Indiaman  I sunk? I was in a Lynx (1v1).

dont think adding penalties to the bigger ships would solve the problem, there shouldnt really be a reason to engage a bigger ship with a smaller one unless the reward is high and you're confident, not by knowing that your opponent will have x penalties vs your smaller ship. There should be a high risk high reward gameplay, not low risk high reward as we have today.

5 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

dont think adding penalties to the bigger ships would solve the problem, there shouldnt really be a reason to engage a bigger ship with a smaller one unless the reward is high and you're confident, not by knowing that your opponent will have x penalties vs your smaller ship

We could have it like this: your opponent´s BR divided by your BR = result for pvp mission. killing a trader-brig with a trinc will give a mere and reasonable 0.167 kill. Nice, isn´t it? On the other hand you´ll get almost 4 kills using the broken snow killing the trincomalee. And for sure my beautifull idea will be abused and exploited like hell :(

• Like 3

Well it's funny to see how people arguing about it.  Yes new players need a protection. So I was thinking about. Why are they don't have battles that they can join right in the port like tutorials. Game says you are new here let's learn something. They can grind there maybe devs adding options that they can sail a surprise vs 2 other ai ships and can also pick the wood for this fight and maybe some handful upgrades.  There need to be a info box. This wood type does this and this blabla la.  After they Grinded and done some XP the game says hey. You wanna sail out vs real players?  There could be the Loki rune useful. Veterans with ai ships but no repairs can fight vs the same ship and the new player has repairs etc  also when this will be a bit tricky. Finding people willing to play the ai part in the same time as the player. Maybe we can do it like port battles. Every Loki run at full time 1 pm 2 pm 3pm etc. Until here the new player doesn't need to buy a ship or something not even risking losing one. He can play test and enjoy it. After that and the tutorial the game says. Now you ready for the pvp world. You wanna head out? Be careful pvp can happen at anytime. 

I would have liked it if I was playing this game first. Not knowing what I am doing no info box no tutorial nothing I was just taking a ship and start swimming arround.  That's the most confusing part. In that time I had luck pirates where dominant so I could relaxing and grind a bit and doing some sort of shit. But now as pirate with so much pvp ongoing arround it. Jesus.  Let's see maybe devs will introduce something.  

42 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

We could have it like this: your opponent´s BR divided by your BR = result for pvp mission. killing a trader-brig with a trinc will give a mere and reasonable 0.167 kill. Nice, isn´t it? On the other hand you´ll get almost 4 kills using the broken snow killing the trincomalee. And for sure my beautifull idea will be abused and exploited like hell :(

thats a great proposal in my opinion. I believe it wont be that abused though, because the playerbase can easily tell who pvp's alot and not by the familiar names and how they get the kills etc. If something is suspicious, the devs can check the logs if it has been a fight or just some alt farming.

We have the incident right now with that guy in a frigate farming damage on possibly his alt which is a 3rd rate. This would be acknowledged because people would be suspicious if a random guy gets 1 kill pr hour only small vs big ship and has never seen him pvp in the OW. I think it could solve alot of other stuff aswell :) @admin thoughts? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

This won't be exploited if BR are calculated from actual ship data, instead of being fixed for once with rare adjusment when ship data updated. Having the same BR for USS United States, Wasa, Constitution, Ruattvisan and Leopard is just a fantasy. Just tell a PB leader that you want to enter in with a Ruattvisan instead of a Wasa and listen the answer! LOL. Christian lower than Bucentaure! Hermione higher than Pirate Frig! Snow lower than Niagara could also be put in question taking into account the turn rate of a properly manual sailed Snow.

Calculated BRs should also include the effect of upgrades and knowledges.

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

thats a great proposal in my opinion. I believe it wont be that abused though, because the playerbase can easily tell who pvp's alot and not by the familiar names and how they get the kills etc. If something is suspicious, the devs can check the logs if it has been a fight or just some alt farming.

We have the incident right now with that guy in a frigate farming damage on possibly his alt which is a 3rd rate. This would be acknowledged because people would be suspicious if a random guy gets 1 kill pr hour only small vs big ship and has never seen him pvp in the OW. I think it could solve alot of other stuff aswell :) @admin thoughts? 

You can't implement a feature that requires devs to check logs constantly to ban players, for multiple reasons. If this was done there would be players with alts going out in 7th rates to sink their npc capped 1st rates on their alt account. 

16 hours ago, Never said:

You can't implement a feature that requires devs to check logs constantly to ban players, for multiple reasons. If this was done there would be players with alts going out in 7th rates to sink their npc capped 1st rates on their alt account. 

not really how i meant it to turn out, but the devs have the ability to check logs IF us players report suspicious behavior. Just as we do today on the tribunal where people alt farm, do green on green etc. The devs can check the logs and out from that act accordingly, not that they are gonna check the logs on every player on the leaderboard.

Hope that cleared it out :) 

Sorry I am writing from a translator
I honestly read all your messages and introduced himself as a game developer, but I didn’t understand WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Why do I go on large ships in pvp and in enemy waters? - because you yourself instead of fighting on a frigate, the frigate antifreeze calls your friends on centims and tries to move to the fort during the battle.
And it turns out that you are interested in beating the player in a crowd but it is not interesting to lose. that's all.
Content for trade / RVR / PVE / PvP - you can always do this in a group. NAVAL ACTION is a game about how you found players with whom you are pleased to play and play your game - trade / pve / pvp / rvr. I see a bunch of messages from you that everything was gone but at the same time I see such players as @ Bastey / @ Readiii who take and do, take and do. take an example from them. when the BF began to play for Russian Imeria there were few of us and everyone was against us, and now we are simply reaping the fruits of our labors - that’s all.

• Like 1