Game-Labs Forum
Ed Rose

318 On-Line....Time to worry?

20 minutes ago, Papillon said:

If the devs had created a predominantly nation-based game

They did. Was truly nation based, even by belonging to this or that fleet. But human nature... Then the drive for clan wars was deafening and whole heatedly supported by many... and here we are.

I wonder if, instead of having nations, making every single player Neutral and keeping the Clans structure if it would be possible to have Clan vs Clan in earnest. @admin 

( note: i'm a fan of historical setup, but have to ask these things. )

• Like 1

Was out of town for a few days. Was there a population spike around the time the Cartagena PB took place?

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Serk said:

I’m out of town for a few days. Was there a population spike around the time the Cartagena PB took place?

roughly same numbers at that time. actually less. wednesdays are always the weakest day. always.

14 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

roughly same numbers at that time. actually less. wednesdays are always the weakest day. always.

interesting, I always find Tuesday in US tz to be weakest :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

interesting, I always find Tuesday in US tz to be weakest :P

on my EU late hours is wednesday. always was. dunno why.

I pretty much go full PVP now, unless I am capping ships for PVP or more traders.  Grinding slots is way faster going pew pew at people. eventually my docks are going to full of nothing but super mod stacked ships I've capped off others with AI trash.  It is tough to take ships out to fight that have mods on them worth 5X the ship, and makes combat too easy with all the bonuses.  I understand the Tryhards now, with their Gear based Franken Boats... and I'm a little sad.

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

They did. Was truly nation based, even by belonging to this or that fleet. But human nature... Then the drive for clan wars was deafening and whole heatedly supported by many... and here we are.

I wonder if, instead of having nations, making every single player Neutral and keeping the Clans structure if it would be possible to have Clan vs Clan in earnest. @admin 

( note: i'm a fan of historical setup, but have to ask these things. )

I was around at EA release, and yes back then it was mostly nation based, but like I said it was slowly morphed and now it's mostly clan-based.  I think it's unfortunate it's not wholely one or the other, because (at least IMHO) it's not working as half-way in between.  If it were completely nation based then forced alliances would be more likely to succeed.  Ship has sailed though, as the saying goes.

Edited by Papillon
Typo's
  • Like 1

25% drop in average players since the beginning of August. Seems like there is a real hello kittying problem.

Please have a look at this, could be just thing for the casuals and pubbies to come back to the game, and maybe help catch their interest in the other aspect of the game.  Having low loss high fun PVP could be the gateway for referral sales and help to grow our population.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:49 AM, Ed Rose said:

Low population so soon after release, is it time to worry?

yes... it took you quite a bit of time to realise about that...

anyway, as soon as I lose my shipyard, I will change my nation to Russia and consider myself as a winner of some sort!!!

Edited by Captain2Strong
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Flinch said:

25% drop in average players since the beginning of August. Seems like there is a real hello kittying problem.

Which was told it would happen, hundreds of times before release, hello kittyyyyy !

On 8/29/2019 at 12:47 PM, Ed Rose said:

The fun is finding a way to do that yes! it can be done, you guys just need get organised... its a problem that needs solving...GB's problem is that it dosent have anyone willing to solve the problem! IMO 

why solve the problem when all nations that get farmed can go shitpost instead???

why do you need "official" alliances,

just talk to someone from another nation, BOOM Russian threat dead,

alliance wont defeat Russia or whatever, if you cared that much you would have already killed them off, you wont work any harder to defeat the zerg just because officially your allowed too, you will do the same as now, "nothing" :D

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 11:01 PM, RepairyMcRepairous said:

why do you need "official" alliances,

just talk to someone from another nation, BOOM Russian threat dead

creating problematic shitposts in the forum game is a better option

Edited by Captain2Strong
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 6:08 AM, Ed Rose said:

i think port bonuses should be removed, its turning people away from the game imo, single players without clans cant get access to the BP's. 

Or allow crafters to choose bonuses from the shipyard, no matter where they are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saryk said:

new players join whoever they want, but limit transferring to bigger nations while encouraging transferring to smaller ones.

Demote one rank when you change nations.  Maybe more if you join Zerg nations...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saryk said:

I also believe there would be much, much more PvP if losing a battle didn't mean losing a ship. Why not being able to "save" a ship you own, and be able to reclaim it womehow for a cost ? - either recrafting it, getting a blueprint for your ship that sank that guarantees quality, "repairing" it for reales, getting upgrades back or be able to craft saved ones for a lower price, set this all on a timer, I'm just throwing ideas.

We could flesh out the 'surrender' feature which, I believe, is hardly used. Make it so that surrendering the ship earns the winner the loot on it and rewards he hoped for (combat medals), but give to him the option to return the surrendered ship to the defeated captain after battle, if he choses so. By a simple mouse click.

Confrontation would lose much of its horrors if that would happen. And only real assholes would deny it to a needy captain of lower rank and no exceptional precious ship.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 2

With the Zerg of Russia and Dutch upon us the only way this game can survive is with alliances.  

These should be population/port ownership based.  

I would suggest breaking down the power ranking through the Port point system.  

6 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

With the Zerg of Russia and Dutch upon us the only way this game can survive is with alliances.  

Port points doesn't make a lot of sense. If you make a power ranking do it by pvp kills or online members of top 10 clans.

It has to be something people can't easily control or it will be controlled by the players by giving up ports and only taking ports that realy hurt the enemy.

• Like 7

Alliances only work if captains, of supposed alliance, sail and fight. Else is just an "idea".

Sail to find and engage the enemy and fight the enemy. Everything else is just folly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Port points arent enough for measuring anything.

It should take into account other factors like active population (alts behave way different from a main), wealth-taxes and online activity of the clans in the leaderboard.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Alliances only work if captains, of supposed alliance, sail and fight. Else is just an "idea".

Sail to find and engage the enemy and fight the enemy. Everything else is just folly.

We are talking of alliances inside port battles with the purpose of reinforcing those who lacks something (players, a pb commander).

"Sail and fight", very easy to say but hard to achieve when you are outnumbered.

For example, danes would need about 2 more nations of its size to succesfully screen an attack by russia/dutch.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

We are talking of alliances inside port battles with the purpose of reinforcing those who lacks something (players, a pb commander).

Me too. You have to sail and fight the PB. You will be screened and have to fight the screens. You have to sail and fight. You have to WANT to fight.

Stop reading my words with your brain.

3 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Me too. You have to sail and fight the PB. You will be screened and have to fight the screens. You have to sail and fight. You have to WANT to fight.

Stop reading my words with your brain.

Every nation has players that want to sail and fight but there is a minimum needed players for that to actually make sense. So the players willing to do so can have the ability to group up with a alliancemechanic.

The situation on the server is the same as with the alliancemechanic anyway just that you now need the forger DLC to switch/join alliance. All pro-russia players go to russia and all against-russia players join dutch at the moment. The other nations are just not significant in RvR

• Like 5

Exactly. Red team vs Blue team.

Just an observation - players that do want to fight will join the nations that do show promise of action - ow pvp and rvr - not necessarily Empire of Russia and United Provinces, but is also true that at this moment in NA War Server they are the most active.