Game-Labs Forum

Post Launch RMT/Gold Seller policy update

Advertising messages selling items/gold/ships for real world currency is strictly forbidden. Players posting such messages in public spaces will receive permanent ban from chat without warning. Please report such messages by an in game report function and by posting in tribunal. Multiple reports on the same steam id (mass advertising) could also cause permanent game access bans. 

Keep in mind that we only accept in-game chat reports as proof, as reddit, discord and other platforms posts can be fabricated to badmouth users.

Always remember that a good portion of of gold sellers are not there to sell you gold but to steal your credit card. Do not engage in transactions with shady brokers as you might lose all your money.

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Ink said:

Advertising messages selling items/gold/ships for real world currency is strictly forbidden. Players posting such messages in public spaces will receive permanent ban from chat without warning. Please report such messages by an in game report function and by posting in tribunal. Multiple reports on the same steam id (mass advertising) could also cause permanent game access bans. 

Keep in mind that we only accept in-game chat reports as proof, as reddit, discord and other platforms posts can be fabricated to badmouth users.

Always remember that a good portion of of gold sellers are not there to sell you gold but to steal your credit card. Do not engage in transactions with shady brokers as you might lose all your money.

u realize your endorsing gold sellers, basicly ur saying if they dont talk about it on the game chats its ok. cause u wont take other platforms like discord or reddit as evidence of these transactions.

ur also not stating the consequences if people are buying game assets for real world currency. or the penalty of those that are selling it but not using the game chats to broker the deals,

Edited by Crimson Sunrise

11 hours ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

u realize your endorsing gold sellers, basicly ur saying if they dont talk about it on the game chats its ok. cause u wont take other platforms like discord or reddit as evidence of these transactions.

ur also not stating the consequences if people are buying game assets for real world currency. or the penalty of those that are selling it but not using the game chats to broker the deals,

Not really, they are just saying that they have no way to verify reports from other sites as they do not control them. How would you feel if you were falsely accused of gold selling based on some forged evidence from a third party site and the Devs just accepted it as presented and banned you?

People friending you to steal your credit card info?  Why would that be amazing to understand.  No different than people taking the time to friend you as an alt in the game so they can spy on your clan's activities.  Who would do such a thing?

I'm grateful that this was posted.  Thanks @Ink.  I didn't grow up gaming and had no idea that it was forbidden to use real world currency for ingame items.   I remember reading an article more than a decade ago of players playing games for hours to 'level up' those who would pay for it.  Heard of players selling  virtual real estate for real currency to players.  Those who are rich can pay others to 'grind'.  

I'm way too cheap to pay someone for anything in game.  Glad to know that it is offensive and against some  rule.   This is another one of those gaming things that we are not born knowing.

You mean like this? 

Hey there,

since the devs strictly forbid advertising in-game, I will be using Discord and maybe Reddit from now on. I'm selling reals, combat marks, ships, books and many more. At this moment we have HMS Victory Note on our shelves for sale and Art of Ship Handling. For details, message me on Reddit (private message) or discord:

Black Market#6058

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

to me I think the devs need to make tuffer rules like 1 account per user in the past 3 days I seen 6 bots at 1 time slow sailing around navasse just going in circles which there is no need for it a lot of games cracked down on this I don't see why naval action cant either take playing and items off good legit players like me 

23 hours ago, BigAaron said:

to me I think the devs need to make tuffer rules like 1 account per user in the past 3 days I seen 6 bots at 1 time slow sailing around navasse just going in circles which there is no need for it a lot of games cracked down on this I don't see why naval action cant either take playing and items off good legit players like me 

I’m ambivalent about the use of alts and botting them. But how is this hurting you exactly? Why not just sink them or out them if you wanna be that guy and you’re that upset about it?

On 9/10/2019 at 2:58 PM, BigAaron said:

Thanks for the hint - easy prey! 😈

• 8 months later...
On 8/7/2019 at 6:59 AM, Bubba Smith said:

I'm amazed someone would even do something like this. But then anything for a buck I guess. 

There were times in Diablo 3 were they had a Real money Auctionhouse... 

I've known players who paid theyr rent by selling gold or eqipment there 

Edited by Swedish Berserker