Game-Labs Forum

I give you 10 quid and you give me 5 more outpost slots. Deal?

I don't care if you just add it to the game or make it DLC but we need more outpost slots. Or at the very least, make Freeport outposts separate from the regular ports.

So like keep the current 8 and give us four that can only be used for free ports?

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Nope.  Get out on the water and sail (it is a sailing game, after all) ya lazy sods......    😉

What is he gonna do, if he has more outpost, use train? I think will bring more sailing.

It is your free will, you can only have a few outposts, and sail all around, I do not care, but people have lives to live.

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

What is he gonna do, if he has more outpost, use train? I think will bring more sailing.

It is your free will, you can only have a few outposts, and sail all around, I do not care, but people have lives to live.

Legends is to the right.....   ----------------------------------------->>

4 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Legends is to the right.....   ----------------------------------------->>

Holy shit get over yourself. If my clan captures a port I cannot use the port for either building or storage unless I have an outpost. Even if I own the port I cannot use it.
Your hard limit is hard headed,  the silly limit you defend makes no sense.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Rage on, man..... rage on.

Your responses are lame and shallow. Your fallback is transparent and all 3 posts you made in this thread are self serving garbage. If you're not willing to extend into discussion you should not be posting on the forums. If you have no contribution besides "Nope" followed by non sequitur then you might just be a effin' hater with no taste for ideas. Kay? Thanks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I have no taste for arguing with people who only wish to argue for arguments sake....  

Devs have already stated why they limit the number of outposts....  Sail in a sailing game.

Right, so if your clan captures a port you can't use it because you don't have an outpost there, so no storing goods or ships, even though you own the port, and that's because sailing game. Nope, that reasoning does not quite add up. When you only look at teleporting sure, I see what you mean, but everything else points to the opposite. Since outpost is required to store goods then you need more than 8 outposts to store at more than 8 ports, even though you and/or your clan owns the port, production, docks, and supplies.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

It’s called logistics and it’s part of every good war game.   I suppose Britain had a munitions factory in every city in WWII?  Or France could build ships in every port in the Napoleonic era?  

Come on  

Im done.  Keep barking at the moon.  

Edited by Vernon Merrill

21 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

It’s called logistics and it’s part of every good war game.   I suppose Britain had a munitions factory in every city in WWII?  Or France could build ships in every port in the Napoleonic era?  

Awful analogy. If I just literally lead my clan to capture X port, does it make any sense that I can't then drop off some fish there, or dock a ship there leave and come back? See not even E.V.E is so stringent, you can store goods anywhere you do not need the artificial boundary of an "outpost" to use what you own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

Awful analogy. If I just literally lead my clan to capture X port, does it make any sense that I can't then drop off some fish there, or dock a ship there leave and come back? See not even E.V.E is so stringent, you can store goods anywhere you do not need the artificial boundary of an "outpost" to use what you own.

order some of your mates to get an outpost there. Or don't conquer another port. I like this strategic part of planning the limited number of settlements you can have. A good feature for a non arcade war game imho.

8 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

order some of your mates to get an outpost there. Or don't conquer another port. I like this strategic part of planning the limited number of settlements you can have. A good feature for a non arcade war game imho.

It's not strategic, strategic would be taxed outposts that require upkeep and logistics, this is just a paywall for another account, or a hard limit on how many ports you can use on the map. It's not even a feature it's a lack thereof. Can't figure out how to create a soft limit on expansion? Make a hard limit. Everyone equal. Same thing with buildings, no enterprise, you have to buy an alt to hit to high end of production. Here's a great analogy, if every food chain was limited to 5 stores in the whole world. In the lack of restaurants your solution would be for every person in the world to open 5 unique food places, just so we can reach the same level of production as we did in expansionist-style economy.

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

It's not strategic, strategic would be taxed outposts that require upkeep and logistics, this is just a paywall for another account, or a hard limit on how many ports you can use on the map. It's not even a feature it's a lack thereof. Can't figure out how to create a soft limit on expansion? Make a hard limit. Everyone equal. Same thing with buildings, no enterprise, you have to buy an alt to hit to high end of production. Here's a great analogy, if every food chain was limited to 5 stores in the whole world. In the lack of restaurants your solution would be for every person in the world to open 5 unique food places, just so we can reach the same level of production as we did in expansionist-style economy.

Of course it is strategic inside the context of our game. It is a bit like in a chess game. Stick with the rules and do something with it.

2 minutes ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

Of course it is strategic inside the context of our game. It is a bit like in a chess game. Stick with the rules and do something with it.

It's not strategic, it's simply daft and out of the world of context. In real life you do not delete the progress behind you. Territory taken remains to be yours as you move forward.
If you can afford to open 10 outpost and upkeep 10 outpost, you should be able to do so. Being artificial about it is not a solution. Chess is a real game. NA outpost opening and closing is not comparable to any game that I have the pleasure of knowing.

Well, I don´t see a big issue here. In real life you cannot recrew on high waters, cannot fully repair while sailing, cannot make dead people alive by drinking rum, cannot beam ships around the world and teleport..... Stick with it or bark at the moon as Vernon proposed. All people ever ask for is more, more, more. You put it in elegant words though.

Just now, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

Well, I don´t see a big issue here. In real life you cannot recrew on high waters, cannot fully repair while sailing, cannot make dead people alive by drinking rum, cannot beam ships around the world and teleport..... Stick with it or bark at the moon as Vernon proposed. All people ever ask for is more, more, more. You put it in elegant words though.

It's funny because you'll say you cannot do those things in real life, but defend it for sake of gameplay like most would, but you won't concede that you can as many outposts/buildings as you can afford in real life (context age of sail), yet won't allow it even though it's both the positive of being context-accurate AND gameplay-beneficial.
So just like Vernon you don't really know what you're talking about or know what you want, because your logic is all contradictory.
It's not even really more people ask, it's asking for not less, below minimum. Doing things right. Not being expedient.

This reminds me of a classical engineers joke; A pessimist sees the glass as half empty. An optimist sees the glass as half full. The devs(engineers) see the glass as twice the size it needs to be.

• Like 1

You seem to be angry at anyone who disagrees with you. Here’s another “no” vote. 8 is enough. Make choices.

However, I do agree that the limit is artificial so in order to make you happy let’s remove that limit and somehow simulate the problems with expansion, not just the benefits. Instead of a outside-the-game pay to win DLC, your 9th outpost should cost 50k reals per day, 10th will be 100k per day, 11th = 200k, 12th = 400k, etc. No limit but some might find it expensive to play beyond the old limits.

• Like 1