Game-Labs Forum

Port-upgraded 1st rates

Having witnessed port-upgraded 1st rates first-hand in a few battles now, I think it's important to mention that those ships are simply OP. They will most likely lead to snowballing of nations which have them.

As a member of a clan who will probably have them fairly quickly, I advice to limit the port bonus to maybe half of what it is now, to give other nations and clans a fighting chance.

• Like 9

Admin/Devs have said they are going to nerf the port bonuses and limit the total amount you can have in a port invested.

but I agree, 1st rates with port bonuses on top of normal mods and books is absolutely nuts against a 1st rate with nothing.

• Like 3

The problem is that cart and Navy hull are no longer percentage based so they add on before the 30% cap is worked in.  Other wise just the Port bonus and LO/WO would cap out the AR rating.  Maybe it's time to make the either % again or make it where you can't stack and than count the 30%.

• Like 1

Reduce the maxed out bonuses by half or more and limit how many different ones you can build into any given ship.

As teutonic said this is being worked on, we can only hope they get it right at this point.

Edited by Potemkin

live footage of our battle yesterday, xXx, Parchin and Sir Henry Durin. All good just running their repairs 😎

na.jpg.b385caa7301a80169d9f334a1b96dae9.jpg

Any port bonus(4-4-4...) ship is way OP.

It is like having 8-10 very best books in ship knowledge plus 3-5 upgrade slots, pick them with elite ones, the ship becomes at least 1 or 2 rate higher. 

There should have been a quick fix to nerf port bonus extremely but nothing so far. 

I feel like dev team already abondoned the game before release! 

7 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Any port bonus(4-4-4...) ship is way OP.

It is like having 8-10 very best books in ship knowledge plus 3-5 upgrade slots, pick them with elite ones, the ship becomes at least 1 or 2 rate higher. 

There should have been a quick fix to nerf port bonus extremely but nothing so far. 

I feel like dev team already abondoned the game before release! 

It is getting patched during the wipe. We don't know exact values, but I suspect we could have maybe 2 at max level and 1 at half level. So only 3 total port bonuses. Also, they are lowering the % bonus.

3 hours ago, van der Decken said:

It is getting patched during the wipe. We don't know exact values, but I suspect we could have maybe 2 at max level and 1 at half level. So only 3 total port bonuses. Also, they are lowering the % bonus.

I would prefer 4 points max ! you can go 4 hull or 2 speed + 2 hull etc., more than that it is gonna still op.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 9:53 AM, Wyy said:

live footage of our battle yesterday, xXx, Parchin and Sir Henry Durin. All good just running their repairs 😎

na.jpg.b385caa7301a80169d9f334a1b96dae9.jpg

Haha, it was ridicolous. Took me like 30 mins and 3 reps to repair my initial damage, while we all couldn't sink the enemy vic as he repaired from 15% structure to full with each rep. And he was faster, thicker, had more pen. Repair is broken the worst tho in my opinion.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:49 AM, vazco said:

I think the biggest issue is that they repair too quickly. When someone handles their repairs well and knows how to angle, it's extremely hard to kill them, even with good fleet tactics. 

That and the repair system in general. It shouldn´t be possible to polish a roughed up ship up in a shiny one during battle. 3 or 4 shresholds would be nice.