Game-Labs Forum

Can not exist without a group.

When you kill someone your location is reported to Battle chat. You exit battle and here you are.... You get jumped by 6 players who teleported and are set up to catch you, waiting.... Gank group Response time was 1-2 minutes from the time message was delivered to Battle chat and players already set up to gank you. Gank happened during 0 visibility (storm). Players knew the OS location precisely. 

Imho if player just jumped out from the battle he should have:

Immunity for some time, invisibility for some time. Speed boost was added , but it is not enough. Chat message should be display region and not port name. 

Unfortunately gank fest is at its finest and highest peak. 

This was an experiment to prove that new single player who will try pvp will gets crushed by Vets and Clans in an uneven battle. This will not help game grow in any way.  

P.S. Game is not ready for release. 

Edited by Audacious
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

The problem isn't battle chat, it's F11.

It gives your exact location which fleets then gather on.

Once that goes, it should be a lot easier.

Question is, how were they able to find me during the storm within such a short period of time? I sank a player, jumped out into raging storm and got instantly tagged. Player was from another Nation. Unless it was someones ALT who reported F11 location in another nations chat. 

Edited by Audacious

There's 3 reasons I pretty much sail a Prince exclusively:

* I hate fighting OW wind

* I like being able to catch Lynxes

* I sail solo often and refuse to get super-ganked after every battle.

That being said....  This is a multi-player game and well,.....  but yes, I'm hoping they remove F11 coords at release.

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

There's 3 reasons I pretty much sail a Prince exclusively:

* I hate fighting OW wind

* I like being able to catch Lynxes

* I sail solo often and refuse to get super-ganked after every battle.

That being said....  This is a multi-player game and well,.....  but yes, I'm hoping they remove F11 coords at release.

True, but all this 3rd rates rule the seas is useless if you are ganked by x4 numbers. Sail tiny and fail fit or do not sail at all alone. 

Edited by Audacious

You're right. It's a problem that we have ROE timers and all that to prevent people across the map from jumping you, but allow instead for those people to wait outside your battle and jump you right when you get out. Definite flaw there I hope something is worked out.

Removing F11 won't make any significant difference.  It will just be irritating.  There is a perk now that provides an exact location.  A magic GPS icon on the map.  The F11 works like a sextant and I'll miss it.

There are several maps with grid co-ords. https://www.dropbox....mmap01.jpg?dl=0  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the ingame map - compare it to a grid map, and determine co-ordinates ... without F11.  

Most players that can't use the GPS perk and determine their co-ordinates, probably can't use the F11 to find themselves.

https://na-map.netlify.com/

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Audacious said:

True, but all this 3rd rates rule the seas is useless if you are ganked by x4 numbers. Sail tiny and fail fit or do not sail at all alone. 

if your solo you should never sail anything bigger than a 5th rate and that 5th rate better be a 15.5 knt ship. no wonder you keep getting gankged sailing around in 3rds. the f11 cords are how your  found not the combat news.  

Edited by King of Crowns
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, King of Crowns said:

if your solo you should never sail anything bigger than a 5th rate and that 5th rate better be a 15.5 knt ship. no wonder you keep getting gankged sailing around in 3rds. the f11 cords are how your  found not the combat news.  

It's not often but I got to agree with KoC on this one, you shouldn't be expecting to solo a 3rd rate specially if your solo in enemy waters.  Solo hunting is normally done in something small and fast that can get away from most war ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It's not often but I got to agree with KoC on this one, you shouldn't be expecting to solo a 3rd rate specially if your solo in enemy waters.  Solo hunting is normally done in something small and fast that can get away from most war ships.

Yep^

I had the same old speed-built Endymion for many many months in the old PvP mark days. It earned me I'd guess 2/3 of whatever Loodsman cost back then. It was fast and I never got caught by something I couldn't handle (and that was before I put Loodsman on it). I had to limp away sometimes when I bit off more than I could chew, but thanks to light and fast build, I could do so.

Sounds like the OP was in something slow and unsuitable for solo hunting, thats why the revenge gank fleet caught them. If you want to solo hunt successfully in a slow ship, you either need to be very very good, or your opponents need to be very very bad. Look back over the past year or so in the great battles and small battles threads to see some examples of this. Otherwise, sail something fast and light, and just accept that you'll run across stuff you can't beat in combat, but can at least run away from.

Use a tack hammer to drive tacks, and a sledge hammer to drive spikes; the other way around isn't very efficient ;).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

you missed the point

6 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

Sorry but that's a bit o' dumb. I doubt any more than 10% of players have a ship that does 15.5 knots, let alone a 5th rate. You're just advocating the continuation of a cycle that forces 90% of people to play within a 10% margin when we all know that has never worked. Not to mention the way the speed cap works is kind-o retarded in it's self.

Edited by Slim McSauce

27 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

Sorry but that's a bit o' dumb. I doubt any more than 10% of players have a ship that does 15.5 knots, let alone a 5th rate. You're just advocating the continuation of a cycle that forces 90% of people to play within a 10% margin when we all know that has never worked. Not to mention the way the speed cap works is kind-o retarded in it's self.

fine then buy dlc and sail requin if you want to play solo. game is not ment for solo play

11 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

fine then buy dlc and sail requin if you want to play solo. game is not ment for solo play

And that attitude's why you'll be playing alone.  Nice irony there.

Edited by Papillon

8 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

I don't agree.  Solo play takes a different skill set, that's all.  It's far easier to join a clan, for sure, but you can do both.  Join a clan and enjoy group activities or go out solo hunting and enjoy the risk.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

and that was my point and I personally do not want to see only groups/clans ganking each other. I love solo hunting, but when alts used to report your location and set up gank squad on top it's a broken game for me and no further money will be spent until it's fixed. I will hold on to positive reviews and dlc transactions. 

ex. Get in 1vs1, get defeated, rage, log in your alts and report your location to all active pvpers and let them kill the guy who beat you by quick gank.  you call this normal? lol

Edited by Audacious

A more realistic scenario, you get a 1v1 or 3v3 or even 3v5, you win, hop out to 10 ships on top of you ready to wipe you out. Happens all the time. A victory should ensure some kind of safe passage to nearest port. Not fair that gankers get an hour to set up outside your battle and you only get like what, 30 seconds to escape. Not in the slightest.

46 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

A more realistic scenario, you get a 1v1 or 3v3 or even 3v5, you win, hop out to 10 ships on top of you ready to wipe you out. Happens all the time. A victory should ensure some kind of safe passage to nearest port. Not fair that gankers get an hour to set up outside your battle and you only get like what, 30 seconds to escape. Not in the slightest.

I've suggested before to increase invisibility for players exiting battles. Specifically, to have it so you can turn your ship for 30s while invisible, then raise sails and your invisibility timer (additional 30s invisibility) starts ticking down. This way you're not spending half or more of your invisibility timer waiting for your ship to turn the direction you want to run in. Also, it'll help those players who take a bit longer to load to OW. If sails aren't raised within that 30s "turning" timer, invisibility automatically starts counting down. 

• Like 3