Game-Labs Forum

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Or open it to everyone in within a grid square.  5 mins timers would even be an improvement 

more fun would just not have it close that way anyone from any nation can reinforce any current ongoing battle this would be a more realistic option as real battles arent magically closed in OW any ship coming across a battle should be able to join 

not only increasing pvp battles and encounters but it also doesnt make any one side having a guarenteed victory

Edited by Crimson Sunrise

1 minute ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

more fun would just not have it close that way anyone from any nation can reinforce any current ongoing battle this would be a more realistic option as real battles arent magically closed in OW any ship coming across a battle should be able to join 

Some sort of timer to is needed tho, otherwise I could sail from Havana to La Tortue and still join a fight and would just be weird.

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Circle of death sounds horrible for all battles.  

There is 1 clear solution and it’s call outlaw battles with positional joining.  

I think it’s absurdly stupid that I can see a battle 2 mins away start but I can’t get there and it magically closes.  

We’ve been over this a million times.  It’s not “2 minutes” away.  It’s about 20k with average wind.  

Its already a new day in the battle instance.  

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 3

Just now, Castañon del Rey said:

Some sort of timer to is needed tho, otherwise I could sail from Havana to La Tortue and still join a fight and would just be weird.

and battle timer is fine at the current 1hour 30 minutes but there should not be a timer that closes a battle preventing people from joining, every battle should have a limit for its duration

1 minute ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

and battle timer is fine at the current 1hour 30 minutes but there should not be a timer that closes a battle preventing people from joining, every battle should have a limit for its duration

I disagree tho, even if battle timer is 1 hour 30 min i can probably sail from Havana and join with 30 left of battle. That's unrealistic and not needed.

• Like 1

Just now, Vernon Merrill said:

2 circle/huge pull/insta-close was by FAR the best mechanic we had.  

but it also dragged traders into battles as well as any nearby AI fleets unless they increase number of ships allowed in a battle anyone tagged in view range of the player would cause unnecessary ships being dragged in against their will

• Like 1

Just now, Castañon del Rey said:

Yes it sounds like a good one, but why was it removed?

"Can't help my friends!"... 

( says the guy 2 hours away, the guy sitting in port, and similar )

This.  ^^^^^

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

but it also dragged traders into battles as well as any nearby AI fleets unless they increase number of ships allowed in a battle anyone tagged in view range of the player would cause unnecessary ships being dragged in against their will

I don’t see that as a “negative”, really...   but easily enough solved by a chat box asking if you want to join a battle initiated by a friendly if you’re beyond a certain distance.  Also suggested many times.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, admin said:
  • Patrol rules for the whole world. Circle of death.
  • If you are ready to attack someone - be ready to die and fight to the end. 
  • Sure some will cry about it  - tough luck like they say in national chats - but it will keep only meaningful pvp.

Your overall idea is good, but once again this is the extremism that seems to creep into the development of this game.  Escape is a viable military tactic in the real world and in game.  One should always have the option to withdraw from battle.  If you want to increase PVP your other ideas may work, but this is taking things a little too much the other direction.   A strong down vote to inescapable patrol style battles on the entire map.  Let's keep that mess in the patrol zones.  I enjoy patrol battles, but they feel so gamey compared to normal open world battles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I don’t see that as a “negative”, really...   but easily enough solved by a chat box asking if you want to join a battle initiated by a friendly if you’re beyond a certain distance.  Also suggested many times.  

but it still doesnt prevent nearby traders and small ships from being dragged in just because they are in proximity  could be enaging enemy sol's and cutters privateers and other small ships doing their own thing from being pulled along without having a choice and having a pop up to ask if u want to join is dumb because it gives the enemy a chance to escape as well its like one of those are u sure pop ups 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

but it still doesnt prevent nearby traders and small ships from being dragged in just because they are in proximity  could be enaging enemy sol's and cutters privateers and other small ships doing their own thing from being pulled along without having a choice and having a pop up to ask if u want to join is dumb because it gives the enemy a chance to escape as well its like one of those are u sure pop ups 

Again, I don’t see a real negative.  If you’re right next to port, maybe it’s a pain.  But people who actually SAIL in the OW its at best a slight inconvenience of 2 mins since you’d join positionally.   

4 minutes ago, Crimson Sunrise said:

oh man how i long for a 1:1 no instance world, none of those issues would happen :) .... because they are no issues

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slim McSauce said:

Now you're cooking with gas mate. Cut out the filler battles, get right to the meat and potatoes. People want to fight and they want battles that are good matches.

No. Usually people wants to win.

If then they can say it has been skill and not number/gear, it's better, but secondary.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Again, I don’t see a real negative.  If you’re right next to port, maybe it’s a pain.  But people who actually SAIL in the OW its at best a slight inconvenience of 2 mins since you’d join positionally.   

except if they have the no escape added to pvp battles its a permenant loss of assets for a bystander

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

No. Usually people wants to win.

If then they say it has been skill and not number/gear, it's better, but secondary.

Oh, by not fighting, kiting, and ganking? Sorry but you aren't entitled to winning. People value gameplay over time, and you wasting people time's with shitty gameplay trying to feel out a win for yourself, well, you better be ready to risk the lot for being such a big winner.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

Just now, Slim McSauce said:

Oh, by not fighting, kiting, and ganking? Sorry but you aren't entitled to winning. People value gameplay over time, and you wasting people time's with shitty gameplay trying to feel out a win for yourself, well, you better be ready to risk the lot for being such a big winner.

slim ur not one to talk when u do the exact same thing kiting ganking delaying its all the same its a tactic and is part of the game 

Just now, Crimson Sunrise said:

slim ur not one to talk when u do the exact same thing kiting ganking delaying its all the same its a tactic and is part of the game 

not for long mate, not for long. NA is getting the Action put back into it,  it seems:)

Edited by Slim McSauce

but its still going to have the delaying still have the kiting if they add the death circle it will be kitting them till the square rigs are trapped against the wind with a shrinking circle slowly closes behind them to the point small ships just have to chain sails to kill the enemy rather then brawls or tactics it will become who can fall for chasing the smaller ship down wind only to get cause not able to escape from the cicle 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

You say that less ganks increase player retention, yet you lower join time from 3 min to 2 min. More players now don't make it in time to join battles. Still best RoE would be "You Get What You See" - all ships within visual range on battle start can join. No surprises, sudden joiners, every player knows what to expect. Best way to avoid disappointment and confusion. 

+1