Game-Labs Forum

Game is too hard to press play again.

Spent 2 hours sailing around doing missions and killing npcs. Made 10k (30% from that were spent on repairs and patches). This is not mmo this is a grind fest. Don't expect pvp from new guys or their return to the game. As example, Friend lost a ship, has no money to go back. Said Goodbye. Same here, takes forever to get moving. Sailing and finding npcs is crazy. Reward is too small. This money nefr ran this game to the ground. I refuse to play this game, when you get ganked outside Capitals and end up with no ways to make money and go out. 

Increase money for kills might work, but 3 guys I invited all quit and I am leaving too. 

Farewell. 

Edited by Pirate78
  • Like 5

39 minutes ago, Pirate78 said:

Spent 2 hours sailing around doing missions and killing npcs. Made 10k (30% from that were spent on repairs and patches). This is not mmo this is a grind fest. Don't expect pvp from new guys or their return to the game. As example, Friend lost a ship, has no money to go back. Said Goodbye. Same here, takes forever to get moving. Sailing and finding npcs is crazy. Reward is too small. This money nefr ran this game to the ground. I refuse to play this game, when you get ganked outside Capitals and end up with no ways to make money and go out. 

Increase money for kills might work, but 3 guys I invited all quit and I am leaving too. 

Farewell. 

Repairs are player made and sold by them (except at capitals and shroud) That you had to spend all you money is player fault. Because they want to make over 500% profit

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Repairs are player made and sold by them (except at capitals and shroud) That you had to spend all you money is player fault. Because they want to make over 500% profit

Supply/demand. It's capitalism. Don't blame the actors, blame the system.

58 minutes ago, Pirate78 said:

Spent 2 hours sailing around doing missions and killing npcs. Made 10k (30% from that were spent on repairs and patches).

This game, especially in the first part, is not just pew-pewing bots. As it is you are not meant to get rich from killing bots. There are plenty of economic opportunities in this Caribbean. Sell doubloons (you'll loot plenty) and you'll increase those mentioned profits exponentially. Capture some AI traders and you will earn a decent sum from selling whatever you find on them, the doubloons, and you have the opportunity to keep the traders themselves to make a healthy profit by trading a little bit.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

This game, especially in the first part, is not just pew-pewing bots. As it is you are not meant to get rich from killing bots. There are plenty of economic opportunities in this Caribbean. Sell doubloons (you'll loot plenty) and you'll increase those mentioned profits exponentially. Capture some AI traders and you will earn a decent sum from selling whatever you find on them, the doubloons, and you have the opportunity to keep the traders themselves to make a healthy profit by trading a little bit.

The problem isn't the econ, every player can print their own money.. The problem is the lack of gameplay content.

As it is, the low focus on enabling and encouraging PvP means that the most meaningfull content is AI hunting and that becomes a problem when the AI bots are dumb as lampposts..

21 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

It's more of a problem between new and seasoned player. What are 100k reals for a seasoned player. Right nothing. Supply /demand is related to this kind of players. Some even seem to stuck with gold = reals mentality and sell repairs for 3k reals each.

Still needs hand holding missions, to let new players make a comfortable start. 

Even some basic delivery missions, even in green zone. To let them earn money enough to buy a 6th rate and some guns, some repairs. Considering they will lose the ships over and over again. 

Still needing that little introduction sequence with some missions, pve and pve coop campaign. This is a big negative for this kind of game. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, z4ys said:

It's more of a problem between new and seasoned player. What are 100k reals for a seasoned player. Right nothing. Supply /demand is related to this kind of players. Some even seem to stuck with gold = reals mentality and sell repairs for 3k reals each.

but do you know why though? its because people are still sitting with mountains of resources and ships. If people need dont need to spend their doubloons on lineships because they have tens of them, they can save up the doubloons and sell them for reals or trading them for upgrades. This is why IMO they needed to do the resource and ship wipe at the same time as implementing the doubloons and crafting system, else it wont have a proper balance

6 hours ago, Wraith said:

What we really need is true, PvP-free safe zones where players can find their feet until they're comfortable in at least 6th rates. Give them 7-6th rate kill missions that are tiered and interesting and still free from getting killed by non-consensual PvP. Then give them real, serious incentives to get out of those safe zones (no crafting of anything larger than 5th rates inside safe zones, extremely high taxes for high ranks, etc.). I think resource and doubloon gathering via AI hunting is fine, but those AI with good resources should only appear outside of safe zones.  These are the economic incentives that need to be there that protect both new players and provide the chum on which the sharks will feed sustainably.

*Cough* Pacific *Cough* With free Teleport *Cough*

• Like 4

You friend lost a ship and can't even buy a port's 7th rate and  medium guns to join back the ow ? Or even get a basic cutter, cap an ai frigate and go back ? 

What i can agree with is the huge lack of repairs, crafting them is to much of a job to push players into crafting and selling them at good prices, npc ships should drop them much more like before.

11 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

But no Tows. 

Correct.  I may expand on this a bit if I have time in a new topic.

Basically an "economic zone" where players can earn Reales/Doubloons in safety, but only be able to bring their wealth back and forth.  No ships.  No mods.  No resources.

Just a place to build a "nest egg" so that loss can be mitigated for newer players.  Maybe even with a max rank cap.

Naval Action was always more of complicated unclear and confusing rather than hard for most new players. Everyone starting will be thinking what am i doing after seeing 1st ui, "training" isnt much help in learning most ow game concepts. And learning by getting anihillated by seasoned players isnt very fun. The thing is after like 10 hours there arent any more hard things in the game, rather than that you find out a lot of annoing mechanics, and that grind for a grind. So most likely even if you would be able to amke NA more comfortable for new players how many of them will stay? Bcs judging from statistics we had up till this point player pop is staying stable and it's just ppl who would play na w/e it would look like bcs there are no competition to it on games market.

9 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Even some basic delivery missions, even in green zone. To let them earn money enough to buy a 6th 

Better capture. Cheapest way of life in NA. Guns ship all for free. No need to buy ships till you want something bigger than 5th.

• Like 2

Regarding not making gold, I get that. I use 2 alt account for trading/printing reals and it is a boring pain spiced by my traders getting slaughtered from time to time..
What happend to letting PvE be an alternative way for reals income?  So players like trading, other hate it.. I like to mix up so I do not get bored.

Repair issue: In all capitals there could just be an unlimited amount of repairs/rum for sails at 5x the cost of making it.
That would immediately sort the repair issue out in capitals at least xD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Early days of NA is all about capturing.

It helps learning the combat and helps with the financial aspect.

With 1 capture ship a player can and will capture 2. With 2 capture 4... and so on...

Capturing is not the drawcard of this game, canon battles are.

You are using experienced player knowledge, I wonder if Dev’s can ever put themselves in a new player shoes!

I gimped myself - given the player knowledge - when i deleted the character at patch 27, by using no repairs until i had slight bit of cash. 

The first ship i captured and used, a snow ( captured with a pickle that i captured with the basic cutter ), mahogany crew space, sunk last week in pvp.

Look, there's no "one formula works for everyone". I learn new stuff everyday under cannons of the enemy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

The first ship i captured and used, a snow

Again, the first thing a new player does is to buy a ship then build a ship, some will get the reward of the Rattlesnake but then build a ship.

For me, I didn’t understand bordering mechanic for a very long time and avoided it, even lost my first ships to it, lost to AI ships that is.

Edited by Guest

34 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

I gimped myself - given the player knowledge - when i deleted the character at patch 27, by using no repairs until i had slight bit of cash. 

The first ship i captured and used, a snow ( captured with a pickle that i captured with the basic cutter ), mahogany crew space, sunk last week in pvp.

Look, there's no "one formula works for everyone". I learn new stuff everyday under cannons of the enemy.

All I am saying is this game never worked for new guys and still doesn’t. I had 30 people in my clan and only my green dot is online, I had 30 more on friend list and only my green dot is online. You are a vet and you know your way around, but others don’t. Statistics show it all, when there is only one Victory mark for sale in the Capital. Face the reality and accept that money nerf is actually killing game even more now.  My guys tried they said f*ck it. 60 people quit just from my friend list and no one wants to go back because game is too grindy. They spend money in WoWarships instead. What are you guys doing wrong here? 

Really love the game, but can’t play as it is right now. I hope it will get better. 

Edited by Pirate78
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wraith said:

What we really need is true, PvP-free safe zones where players can find their feet until they're comfortable in at least 6th rates. Give them 7-6th rate kill missions that are tiered and interesting and still free from getting killed by non-consensual PvP. Then give them real, serious incentives to get out of those safe zones (no crafting of anything larger than 5th rates inside safe zones, extremely high taxes for high ranks, etc.). I think resource and doubloon gathering via AI hunting is fine, but those AI with good resources should only appear outside of safe zones.  These are the economic incentives that need to be there that protect both new players and provide the chum on which the sharks will feed sustainably.

Add to that…

+1 -1 rank battle limit, including group formation, this is the way to keep ganking in check, at commodore or rear admiral everyone fights each other but every other new player gets a chance.

Sure it will lower PvP content sort term but in long term, the playerbase will grow and along with it PvP content.

How to make it work then ?

Example - we asked for free market, we the players playing-testing the game during development- That alone is a pandora box. I can buy ALL repairs in a Capital and sell them at a higher price. That is... until someone comes and sells them cheaper...

That is only 1 example of sandbox player made situations.

Other is, of course, War Server. It is War, end of story. The Nelson guy will suffer as much as the fisherman when the enemy comes.

Peace server is enjoyable, a battle or two per day. Very relaxing, very single player.

Combat method is the same for both scenarios. The learning curve is steep on both. The becoming truly skilled is really extreme on war server.

There is no grind other than learning the ships. That is all that matters. Reals... doubloons...modules...books... yes yes, but if you don't spend time in the ships, learning them, you will not be able to enjoy naval action to the fullest.

There is no grind in my mind, just pure age of sail joy everytime i press sail and a enemy player sail shows up in the horizon. There's a prize worth be taken.

I cannot put myself in your mind sir, i just can't understand what you mean and I really wish it to be more explicit.

What is needed when Rear Admirals prefer the safety of zones other than leading their peers into war against other players ?

Wish to play the game as intended. There's no winning formulas unless you get out there with a Snow or Pickle if that's all you have. And if that sinks you capture another from the AI and do it again. By the time you get more knowledge about how to command the ship you get a new rank and a lot of cash.

Game is about combat. Primarily. Focus combat.

Trade comes after. You can't trade successfully if you can't fight raiders.

• Like 1