Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

59 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Trading has now been made completely pointless.

Zunu9SQ.png

These look like great profits (if numbers on the right are correct) 

update

checked. we cannot confirm the numbers in the table. But profit numbers are definitely in the ballpark - its just Gregory is probably using wrong numbers from a partially broken trader tool (which we do not support as it is a dev tool - it will most likely be removed and trader information prices will move to NPC trader loot journals) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

@Ink, an Indiaman with 3 Parisian Furniture would give us 900K gold.  If we cant find some way to match that profit in this patch, you will have some very unhappy traders.

Economy was rebalanced and denominated. YOU WONT FIND ANY WAY TO MATCH That profit in this patch in old gold BUT. 
 900k old money is 36k new reals. Players who will research information properly will get an advantage. lots of goods make more than 36k reals. lots of goods make less as before. But players must stop using old numbers as a reference point. 

Its getting really frustrating because it starts to seem that a lot of feedback from players here is not based on real numbers or has no thinking behind it. And unfortunately and sadly can be just ignored as it has zero value from simple perspectives even like basic math. 

SAD

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, admin said:

Economy was rebalanced and denominated. YOU WONT FIND ANY WAY TO MATCH That profit in this patch. 
Also - 900k old money is 36k new reals. Looking at Gregory table almost ANYTHING would make more money compared to old patch (in new money) so trading profits were buffed.

I was in no way busting on the new economy I was pointing out that the Weight has to change everything is 100 Lbs.

Look at your table. 😉

Thank you,

9 minutes ago, Wolfar said:

I was in no way busting on the new economy I was pointing out that the Weight has to change everything is 100 Lbs.

All crafting resources are produced and traded in cargoes of 1 ton
All trading resources are traded in cargoes of 100 tons. This is correct. This does not need to change. 

• Like 1

One of my biggest concerns will be rare resources like teak, live oak, and white oak. Ships now take approximately 2 to 3 times those materials to build, but the drop rates appear the same. Given the already high crafting requirements and doubloons, I worry about drastic inflation in those resources. 

2 minutes ago, Psycho3630 said:

One of my biggest concerns will be rare resources like teak, live oak, and white oak. Ships now take approximately 2 to 3 times those materials to build, but the drop rates appear the same. Given the already high crafting requirements and doubloons, I worry about drastic inflation in those resources. 

NPC Traders and player traders carry plenty of them - ask your clan privateers to hunt some for you.  (remember that there is no more teleport with resources so they have to actually carry them to crafting destination)

• Like 3

The amount of doubloons required to craft line ships is way to much imo. It brings back memory's from the "fine wood" era.. :(  

Edit: I'm also struggling with the amount of wood needed for frame parts. I checked L'Ocean, Indiaman, Trinc and Indef and got a bit depressed..

Edited by Tiedemann

Sorry if I missed this being addressed, but it looks like coal collecting costs 1 real per coal and 1.6 labor hours while iron ore costs 31 reals per iron ore and 2.4 labor hours, both with a level 3 building?  That doesn't seem right.  Besides the cost difference, I won't even be able to empty out a building every day with 2000 labor hours.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

The goal was to have less lineships sailing but it has turn into less players risking their ships in rvr and pvp. People will escape as soon as the total victory is not assured.

People always tried to leave when they were clearly losing. That will never change. I think it's a little too soon to say what the  long term effects are 2 days into a new patch. Many are still trying learn the new UI and mission system, give everyone a few weeks to adjust and you will see more RvR and PvP.

10 minutes ago, CITOYEN Julien said:

@admin

• outposts now charge for passenger transportation

sorry if it was said elsewhere but it is just not possible to charge 10 doublons 😢😤
possibly a small sum in real
thank you

price in doublons is right you would not like that players just teleport all the time?

58 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

price in doublons is right you would not like that players just teleport all the time?

I dont like pay 10 doublons just for teleport in my own outpost.

pay with real why not but certainly not with doublons

On 10/31/2018 at 9:52 AM, admin said:

Please provide your feedback on crafting and trading, new currencies, loot drops from traders and combat ships and general monetary balance and inflation.

I do like the appearance of the new Port UI. However, as someone who prefers PVE to PVP, and who isn't a fan of missions/events (preferring to hunt AI in the OW), some of Patch 27's economy changes have killed some of the fun-factor for me. To regain my previous enthusiasm, I'd need to see at least the following tweaks:

1) Scrapping of the teleportation fee (or change it to a nominal fee in Reals).
2) Reward for AI battles (from OW hunting) paid in Doubloons
3) Better loot (including doubloons on board) on AI ships found in the OW  (especially re the larger ships).
4) Restore some of the decent profits that were previously possible from port-to-port trading.

And why not give us a Bureau de Change, where we can convert Reals to Doubloons, and vice-versa?

I was also sorry to see the old ship-crafting system scrapped. For me, the old system was one of the game's best features. It provided considerable job satisfaction, compared to the new system, which is far to simplistic and instant for my tastes. And why scrap instant-fill contracts? That was another nice feature.

Edited by Aldeveron
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, --Privateer-- said:

Tordo and Parrot Cay aren't dropping trade goods anymore. But the map trader tool says they should, when will that be fixed.

The method how goods are delivered to the Caribbean has changed. 

For example we need to deliver 2400 theoretical logs to the caribbean 
Previously goods were delivered in the amount of 10 logs every hour to 10 ports (each port): 2400 in total
Now goods are delivered by NPCs in holds - so one of those ten ports receives the full load of 2400 logs

so parrot cay and tordo still have a chance to get those goods delivered. But if they are delivered it will full indiaman worth of goods. 

• Like 1