Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Repair Calculator

Bumsebiene

Thats an excellent tool. I really like that you included the calculator at the bottom so if I want to take 4x of each repair, or 8x, etc. I can simply change the number and it'll perform the necessary multiplication across all 3 repairs and give me the amounts I need to carry in the ship. 

Oh, and it looks great too!

A couple suggestions if you are planning on modifying it at all:

If possible, add ability to select the other mods that affect hull HP and sail HP. So permanent upgrades like: basic strong sail, basic hull refit, crooked hull refit; and ship knowledge like: speed trim, reinforced sails, etc. 

Also, I'm not sure if the mods and books affecting mast HP would affect sail repairs or not.

At any rate, its a nice tool to get a quick estimate of how many repairs per use. So many players seem to either be carrying too few or way too many repairs.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, Bumsebiene said:

Hey Guys,

I've created a Repair Calculator for Naval Action in Google Spreadsheets. So far I have not seen any tools for repairs, so I decided to make one. Test it out.

Bumsebiene. I hope you can shed some light on what I may  be doing wrong. I'm including two screenshots with same build and no upgrades on L'Ocean. When I switched to another ship and then back to L'Ocean I'm getting two repair results. As I noted to you in an email, it has happened with other ships as well. Thanks!

Screenshot (87).png

Screenshot (88).png

21 hours ago, Captiva said:

Bumsebiene. I hope you can shed some light on what I may  be doing wrong. I'm including two screenshots with same build and no upgrades on L'Ocean. When I switched to another ship and then back to L'Ocean I'm getting two repair results. As I noted to you in an email, it has happened with other ships as well. Thanks!

Screenshot (87).png

Screenshot (88).png

Which browser do you use? I tried it in Google Chrome a dozen times and it worked all the time.

On the first screenshot are the values of Santisima and the second are the values of the Victory. Strange.

Used Microsoft Edge. Will try Google Chrome. I will try Firefox as well.

I started on the L'Ocean, switched to the Victory and then went back to the L'Ocean. The numbers were different on the L'Ocean from what was shown the first time, as indicated in the screenshots.

Edited by Captiva
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just a few things.

Fantastic job putting this together

Ships page:

L13 = 25

Column H calculation suggestion =rounddown(h2*1.3,0) this will do the same calculation you want and return a whole number without the decimal value

Christian values - Guns=96 Hold=1540  Speed=10.99 (I dont have the broadside weight as I dont use that for comparison as it is not linear, I use damage output based on medium guns) 

For ease of use, I would suggest doing a sort so that the ships are listed alphabetically. 

There are a total of 49 ships currently, you are missing all the trade ships including the LGV Refit

Add the Pandora rank=6 guns=42 Hold=395 crew=170 (all the data I have on it currently)

Surprise and Hercules are now shallow draft ships

-----------------------------------------------------

Perks page:

Please consider this option for listing since each option should be unique and thus data lookup should not generate any conflicts from being contained in a single array.

Perk Name / Perk Type / Value (Perk Type value of Knowledge, Upgrade, Other. This permits future additions that do not fit into the existing list)

This will allow you to make additions later to the array without having to alter the lookup functions on other parts of the sheets. For example you can setup the look up to examine the array value of Perks!A1:C200 (For example =vlookup(A2, Perks!A2:C200,3,0)

You can also move the special trims to this page as well. (Sturdy, Shabby ect)

-------------------------------------------------------