Game-Labs Forum

TESTBED - Port User Interface Feedback.

1 ั‡ะฐั ะฝะฐะทะฐะด ะšั€ะธัั‚ะพั„ ัะบะฐะทะฐะป:

ะญั‚ะพ ะฒั‹ะณะปัะดะธั‚ ะพั‡ะตะฝัŒ ะทะดะพั€ะพะฒะพ

Noooo

Click Forge-Craft-Canon- โ€œCraft Canon Tabโ€, these canon tabs donโ€™t show the โ€œcanon classโ€ number, makes it hard to match them up with the ship canon class number/s.

For non-researched ships, thereโ€™s no label/message showing which ship is needed to research/unlock, at the moment itโ€™s all guest work or you have to go out-off-game and google the craft order.

PS, and I havenโ€™t found where my crafting level/craft points are, yet!, Iโ€™m sure they're there somewhere, in the crafting tab.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, John Waveland said:

1620126032_FleetUI.thumb.png.7d3d3d14f023e38a33ad6357105c0501.png

Sorry but thatโ€™s alot of work for nothing, dev's have spend many months on the new UI, theyโ€™re not going to change it now! its not easy to "unlearn" the old screen but this is the hurdle.

Dev's maybe considering UI scaling for Laptops, low resolutions.

Note, you can resize most of the tabs, this is what many of us are doing, resizing/locating tabs is how one can manage the UI optimally.

ย 

Edited by Guest

1. I open window and it does not always open on top, instead createdย under currently open window. This makes you wonder if you clicked a button or notย or why nothing happens.
  2. Equipment/Repairs/etc buttons are not fully event areas, instead images on button are areas accepting events? ย I click button, if I dont click from the image nothing happens. Not nice.
  3. Menu buttons at the bottom could have small white text under. eg. Picture of shop has a small "Shop" text under. Divides opinion for sure but I would appreciate text + image. Could be done with other main screen buttons as well.
  4. When I hover mouse on a ship in the ship store, I would like hover window to open. Much more practical than opening only from those small numbers on left. Could also open ship info when I click a ship, so that it is continuously open some where, even with more info than we have right now in that small hover window.
  5. Windows are small and there are scroll bars. Cannot resize windows to take full advantage from my screen space.
  6. X to close windows has too small event area. Check for example in windows 10, the whole top corner is an event area and not just the x.
  7. Graphical style is nice.
  8. Crew window has a slider, on top of it "Basic Cutter". ย "Basic Cutter" text could descripe the functionality of the slider instead.
  9. Equipment window is messy. You could for example add there lighter and darker background to clarify, divide, different components. The right side "General", "Hit Points", "Thickness" could have this background to divide it in sections. Or a border, lines, whatever to make it more readable. Upgrades/Knowledge could have small text as well.
  10. In the end don't like multiple small windows but it could be just me. Menu buttons opening screens with fixed elements would have been better.
  11. All ship windows could be one fixed screen with fixed elements + show me directly all port information that I may need to equip the ship, for example the warehouse.
    ย 

2 minutes ago, Schwabbel said:

Resource Crafting:

Crafted Fir and Oak, and no Compass Wood dropped.

๏ปฟ Is Compass Wood part of the material wipe or was it just very bad luck ?

ย 

compass wood is no longer part of the BPs..ย 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Borch said:

craft.png.923555781615b7ec2e0adec60082f8d7.png1683804183_craft1.thumb.png.9de39c4aa06cde7cf29ec2472cbbe0ba.png

ย 

Typo at availible outpost slot.

1033229685_OPs.png.f0d1f52dde9abfbee070f15a2a5be803.png

Thanks.

Isn't the value of 2758 a step value and not a total aggregate XP value?

I ask this as my understanding is that to qualify for the Christian redeemable a player needs to earn 10000 Craft and 10000 Combat XP.

Do we know what level of crafting (I see yours is 31) qualifies for the Christian?

Buster (most times it's me but sometimes..)

2 minutes ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

Thanks.

I ask this as my understanding is that to qualify for the Christian redeemable a player needs to earn 10000 Craft and 10000 Combat XP.

ย 

• Goal 2: Gain lvl 10 in crafting (we have significantly increased building production to make testing easier).ย 
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

Thanks.

Do we know what level of crafting (I see yours is 31) qualifies for the Christian?

Buster (most times it's me but sometimes..)

Overachiever!

19 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Goal 2: Gain lvl 10 in crafting (we have significantly increased building production to make testing easier).ย 

Regarding Goal 1, the Tutorial Final Exam increases rank from 280 to 400 crew level, so that qualifies the same as the 10000 combat XP?ย 

ย 

5 minutes ago, Barbancourt said:

Regarding Goal 1, the Tutorial Final Exam increases rank from 280 to 400 crew level, so that qualifies the same as the 10000 combat XP?ย 

๏ปฟ ย 

i think tutorial should give aย M&C rank; if its not broken then you can do a tutorial to get reps and money but still have to get 10000xp in combat gaining next rank. Are you sure final exam gives a rank above mc?

ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, admin said:

i think tutorial should give aย M&C rank; if its not broken then you can do a tutorial to get reps and money but still have to get 10000xp in combat gaining next rank

ย 

A guy on the test server (Global chat) last night said that he got Post Captain rank from doing the tutorial.ย  Sorry, forgot his name

Regarding crafting...im just arrive to try build a Ingermanland but seems impossible.

The crafting tool demands 2363 dobloons as "extra" but only had 950.

The missions only give 30/40 usually (hard missions 130), miss something here???

It's so hard build a 4th class?ย ย 

16 minutes ago, fremen said:

Regarding crafting...im just arrive to try build a Ingermanland but seems impossible.

The crafting tool demands 2363 dobloons as "extra" but only had 950.

The missions only give 30/40 usually (hard missions 130), miss something here???

It's so hard build a 4th class?ย ย 

Devs state up front that prices are all wrong on the testbed.ย  Its part of the surprise...

5 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Devs state up front that prices are all wrong on the testbed.ย  Its part of the surprise...

Yeah, but the ballance of the new prices, resources and so on, is much more critical than the UI.

So I didn'tย  understand why the devs don't let us test this before it goes live. (The problems in the UI could be fixed one by one, but balance problems must be fixed all together)

Better a lot of discussion before the update, as leaving players afterwards ...

Edited by Schwabbel
typo