Game-Labs Forum
admin

TESTBED - Port User Interface Feedback.

743455679_areyousure.jpg.efaf8e4b812dd5588027458f7abb4a2e.jpg

This screen should be changed to remove "Blueprint". I am not crafting a blueprint, I am crafting a ship. This is confusing. 

Also, I would like to suggest a pop up screen for ranking up. I got to crafting rank 10 this morning and had no idea until I checked. It would be cool to have a screen pop up to say "Congratulations! you made it to crafting rank x" or something like that. Same for ranking up your captain. Milestones should be celebrated 😎 

Edited by Capn Rocko
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, Suppenkelle said:

The three lines are for rigging, frames and planks respectively. Summing them up would lead to difficulties because the amount of fir needed would apparently change depending on the wood chosen for frames and planks. It would be quite a hassle to extract the relevant numbers then. I like this transparent way better even if you have to sum up the fir needed. Perhaps the lines could read Frame logs (Fir) and Plank Logs (Fir) or Frame logs (Teak) and Plank logs (White Oak) to avoid confusion.

I disagree 100% with you. None of the other lines indicate what the materials are being used for, so I see no point in labeling these 3 lines. It is much less confusing having everything on 1 line rather than 3. Otherwise you have to add up all 3 lines to see your total number of logs being used (which is most important to me and I assume most important to the majority of the players). If you really cared about how much extra logs you are using for planking, then you could select a different planking and see how much the total number shrinks. Subtracting 2 numbers is much easier than adding together 3 numbers 😉

• Like 2

Where can details be found about the way the battle instance pop-out is now made n the test-bed. Is there any random feature in that?

Hello 

The issue I seem to be having will be a easy fix I hope. The check code to get into the testbed won't work. Has it been changed?

Waiting your reply and sharping knives

Mr.crowley 

Capturetestbed.PNG

Good that it did not take very long to get used to the new UI - overall thats a pretty good thing. 

I like the new ship crafting system, collect materials only, makes crafting/replacing ships easier, might keep more captains in the fight.

Though I would like to see gun carriages return, to be an auxiliary to and/or bind canon crafting/forging.

Trade Tool, if removing materials crating and if not going to make them a loot, then the trade tool still list all crafted material e.g. oak planks…

Edited by Guest

I like the new interface, great work.  I also like some suggestions found here like moving the point of view onto the ship when it's there.  It would be great to be able to walk around the ship and port.

The old style chat window looks out of place.  I'd like to see an update to the chat/clan window to match the new interface windows.

I was able to gain a full rank just by completing the tutorial and exams.  Was this intended?

The crafting requirements are easy.  I'll go back to try the missions.

I had written a short list of small bug I observed yesterday and have kept adding more poinst to it. Here's an uptdate with the new items:

New

- in case of three buildings of same sort (like fir forests) only the first one can be harvested

- for crafting a refit Dubloons have to be in Warehouse, for buying from admirality they have to be in Money chest. Seems contradictory.

- for trading ships to other players you have to follow a STRICT routine: 1. open the trade window, 2. open the navy list, 3. rightclick the ship you want to trade (must not be your main ship). This should be more flexible.

- the list of the woods for frame parts is mixed up.

- on Live server the number of frame parts needed is fixed for a certain ship, the number of planks varies. on Testbed it is just the other way around. Bug or feature?

- the amount of Dubloons needed for bigger ships is somewhat... well... over the top. (7050 Dubloons for a L'Ocean) I dearly hope this will change. Based on the conversion rate for Dubloons to Labour contract 7000 Dubloons equal 70 000 Combat marks.

- Connie in Admirality costs 25 Dubloons as a note but 3632 Dubloons in addition to all materials and LH in the shipyard. I have the feeling not all currencies are shown yet.

- The amount of log needed for frames and planking is quite high too: about 2200 LO logs plus 500 for planks

- please remove compass wood. all harbours will be cluttered within days.

- inconsistencies in blueprints for refits: Nassau boarders requires Piastres (PvP Marks) to craft, Nassau fencing masters only Dubloons) Same with Northern Carpenters, British, and French Gunners. Just swap the Dubloons and Piastres.

Very New

- Trading Dubloons is weird: If you buy from Admirality they must be in Money chest. For crafting they must be in Warehouse. For trading with players they must be in ship's hold. That is almost funny again.

- hunt mission for "3 Rate" and search and destroy for "3rd Rate". This subtle distiction is at least misleading :)

- you're able to enter 4th rate missionsor with 3rd rates if you bring them in fleet. You can swap ships in battle

Not a bug and therefore not related, actually, but I have to say I like the distinction between workshop and academy. Every refit connected to people (Carpenters, Gunners, Quartermasters) is crafted in (graduated from) the academy. Seems fitting. :)

Thx for reading and thanks for the first changes, very quick reaction!

Edited by Suppenkelle
adding points
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Borch said:

There is none and its supposed to be a bug not a new feature. It looks like its spawning you back near the last port you left.

UI feedback:

- I dont think you can see how much ship repair will cost you when hoovering on repair icon.

- Ship cargo hold inside port seems not working properly with ship cargo hold inside battle instance - In port your stuff can be listed on top of the hold window and in the instance the stuff seems to be in random slots sometimes you need to scroll down to find them.

Also in OW Agamemnon if in fleet of AI is listed as medium ship. Wonder how it is on live servers and how it looks in case of other 4th rates. Shouldnt it be listed as large?

4th rate is a medium

I've noticed that if you have a ship equipped with cannon's, there is no information showing the type of carronades that ship can equip. Again, this is if you have already equipped cannon's. 

For example; Hercules shows 9lb mediums equipped on the middle deck. If a player wanted to replace the cannons with carronades shouldn't the ship window show the caliber of carro's needed (32lb) as we do on the Caribbean server? I can only see that 9lb mediums have been equipped. 

Maybe I'm missing something or need to look elsewhere in the UI?

Edited by Captiva

On 9/29/2018 at 3:24 AM, Suppenkelle said:

- Farm building doesn't work. If you want to crop food supplies a workshop is needed in the same port (But... why??) and even if that is built you can't crop the food supplies. Window is the same as for making food supplies from fish meat and salt

Appears to be a conflict between the mechanic for generating food supplies from a farm and the new mechanic for food supplies from fish.  Which now requires a workshop.

The farm shows production but collection asks for fishmeat, salt, and a workshop.

Food_Supplies.jpg

• Like 1

Would be nice if the Missions icon was also available in OW so we can look see our progress while in OW.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Borch said:

UI feedback:

- Could use working perks icon in OW

- Same way, would like to see what kind of books im using on the ship I'm sailing while in OW ( can see upgrades but couldnt see books anywhere ) - would be great to check tooltips of build in upgrades, installed upgrades and books in OW as well

100% agree.

• Like 2

KSirx1c.jpg

Maybe make it so you can see blueprints for ships you are not high enough level yet to craft. for people with no/low crafting 

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Can't buy a book from the shop (I do have enough reals):

You need to move the slider to the right, so the amout says 1 (at least)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, balticsailor said:

You need to move the slider to the right, so the amout says 1 (at least)

I think I tried it, it just says price "1 Real(s)" and nothing happens.

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Can't buy a book from the shop (I do have enough reals):

image.thumb.png.a8c7944c7727615ddae0fe44f9880711.png

slide the bar to the right, so that the amount is 1 instead of 0. Fell for that several times already :)

On 9/29/2018 at 1:49 AM, Barbancourt said:

Three big problems that need to be fixed ASAP for ship crafting:  Provisions weighing an astonishing 302.46 each!  Needing 175 Salt (!!!) to craft a Provisions, which requires many hours of fishing.  Fish Meat weighing twice the weight of the fish it's made out of, which greatly increases the hassle of managing fish in your hold.  Tell me if I'm somehow confused about how this is supposed to work.

its under way. we are fixing provisions this week. They will turn into 1 ton per crew member (real world number is 0.8 tons of provisions per crew member for 6 months journey, based on historical data)

• Like 1

I have tried to craft Copper Plating ... I bought the Blueprint, but it doesn't work ... do I need a higher crafting level (higher than 10) ? ... there was no info or message

1 minute ago, Karpfanger said:

I have tried to craft Copper Plating ... I bought the Blueprint, but it doesn't work ... do I need a higher crafting level (higher than 10) ? ... there was no info or message

you need the doubloons in the warehouse

First, Good Job to the Devs! My only real complaint is the warehouse window. I think the old system is better because I could see and organize everything to my likening. Plus moving the whole text line of materials is awkward. the old "block" system was much more comfortable. Second, no where could I find the requirements for upgrading my shipyard etc... And last is the cannons info. It is a real challenge to equip your ship with guns but someone already posted about this so I won't go into it. It looks great and takes a bit to get used to but I think overall you guys have done a great job. Thanks!

• Like 1

311310_screenshots_20181001120621_1.thumb.jpg.7d4735c63ae606f2f500d648802251b7.jpg

@admin

please change the ui a bit and make our life easier.

if you go to equipment, the hold must open directly.
It would also be great if you can change the ships in the equipment

• Like 5