Game-Labs Forum

Thief’s

I don’t really know where to go with this so I will start here. 

We have a clan member in good standing, never had any trouble with him. I personally have sailed with him a lot and we have always enjoyed our time. Yesterday he cleared out the Clan warehouse of all of the gold, 20 Million and change, then joined another Nation. The entire Clan is totally shocked that happened. Is there anything that we can do about that?

One of the travesties of MMO play, you can't trust anyone online unless you are sitting in the room with them while you both play.  Pyramid schemes, insider trading, rich homeless beggers, phony investment scams, free lunches, and well....MMO clan members.  All in the same boat.  Nothing you can do but be as cautious as you can.

Too bad you weren't French player, I'd give you the 20 mil and resources so you could close out this thread.  ;)

@Old Crusty

Well its a hard lesson, but if he's done it once he'll do it again guaranteed.

Keep tabs on him, in the new nation and inform the new clan he joins. Oh don't waste time on revenge. 

Get your clan together do some group stuff, try not to allow negative talk or wallow in self pity. Easy to say right? This after effect is what crushes or makes a clan.

Don't see this in NA much at all. In [EvE] it was rampant and destroyed clans that wallowed. Work through it positively

Norfolk

Quick tip, if he’s used Forger. Find an old Games Labs forum post of his you know was him. He probably hasn’t closed the GL account and only changed his name. The new name shows up because its linked to the original account...

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 3

I appreciate the responses and advise. This guy was a great part of the Clan and that is why it is so shocking. Just totally out of left field.

His name in game was Captain Antonio. He was a member of Clan ASP in the US. I heard that he went to the Dutch but I am not certain. I have never seen him on the Forums.

11 minutes ago, Old Crusty said:

I appreciate the responses and advise. This guy was a great part of the Clan and that is why it is so shocking. Just totally out of left field.

His name in game was Captain Antonio. He was a member of Clan ASP in the US. I heard that he went to the Dutch but I am not certain. I have never seen him on the Forums.

If someone has him on contacts list you should be able to track name change in new nation.

Seen this happen a couple of times to clans in past, one of them was the clan leader who i forget the name of who took everything mats the lot from the clan WH.

Ah well is all magic beans :).

I don't know if I like this or not. In E.V.E when you hear about this thing it's like woah what a feat! The commitment it must take for someone to go subterfuge for so long and pull off such a heist.

But here it's like damn, another asshole destroying the hard work of some of the few good players we have left trying to enjoy the game with friends. Why have any officers or clan WH when you can't trust anybody  to not rob you blind on a whim.

idk I'm torn on this one, seems way too easy to fudge things up for everybody and scurry off with no consequences.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

Old Crusty, Captains and Admin,

Old Crusty, I am sorry for your loss. Just remember it's only pixels and don't let it ruin your day. Get your clan together and recoup.You'll end up with a tighter bond.

Admin, If we can track this type of person, of course if proven, for the long term good of the game and sportsmanship they need to be banned from the game.

Captains in all nations. If you find this creep.... out him to Admin. Give him a chance to defend himself in the tribunal, we don't want a witch hunt with innocent capts. caught up in it, this most likely does leave a digital trail. We are too small a community to put up with this type of trash. What ever nation and clan he joins..... know that he is coming for you next! 

Able Seadog Wade told me I shouldn't open my mouth and put my foot in it, but I did and I'll stick by it.

Fair sailing all. Ummmm, except the thief.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Crusty said:

Sorry to hear this, does he still stream?  ya'll can name and shame him there too.  I'll be hones this is why I have always had a second clan/crafter clan that keeps most of the very expensive stuff in it with very few clan members/officers allowed to touch things.  If ya'll need anything we can help with in game let us know even though I won't be on much this weekend with RL things going on.  

37 minutes ago, Po Tsai said:

I proposed this before, 

That devs implement a limit to what you can withdraw without consent from clan creator or other officers. A limit that can be changed by clan creator only. East fix.

They also need to have levels of officers.  Like junior officers can take items out but not touch the money.    Are have certain things open for a rank.  Like they can only pull out repairs but not mats.

• Like 3

@Old Crusty

Yeah, that is a bad move from that Player. Like some others took some Millions and Ressources from our Clan-Warehouse for there owne things even if we sayed the Clan-Waerhouse is only to Build PB-Ships. The one Person left the Clan after he/she get confronted with the question for what the Ressoures and the Gold was needed and to restore the Goods.

So our Leadership sent a ingame Mail that all Officers will get Demoted until they come over and can Confirme that they are Crafting Cannons or Ships for the Clan. A week or a bit later another Member comes over and complaint  about his demotion and asked for accses to the Clan-Waerhouse. I am only a member and told him to call the Clan-Leadership for that so he was getting upsed because he wanted some Cannons immediatley or the ressources. In the end he left the Clan a day later after he was getting unfriendly in the teamspeak and want some goods out of the Waerhouse but there where never such a massiv number of goods in the Waerhouse and the last time he was logged in where two or three weeks ago and the logs can not be shown so far back. In the end i think he tried to get stuff out of the Waerhouse because the day before he was the hole day in the TS-Channel from his new Clan.

People and there thinking of "First me, and the rest can be where they are".

• Like 1

Sounds like you dodged a bullet jim.

Joining a clan Is to join a group of individuals to make the whole stronger, which means everyone is investing together and sometime that means you help someone get something before you get it yourself.

Some folks don't like that or even the community of a clan is not what the player is looking for.

Sorry for the tgeft of your warehouse - but it is recoverable and you and those that stay become smarter for it. It's just pixels....even if we spent time amassing those pixels.

• Like 2