Game-Labs Forum

Captin, we're safe! .. Are we?

Safezone...  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a 100% safe, high security, zone?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many zones per nation should there be?

• I voted No above
    • one
    • two
    • more than two
  3. 3. Should the zone(s) be bigger, smaller or the same size as the current ones?

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Bigger
    • Smaller
    • Same size as current ones
  4. 4. Do you like the idea of several Security zones (High sec = no attacking possible, little reward, Low sec = attacking possible, more reward, battle is open longer)

• I voted for no safe zones
    • Yes
    • No

13 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

Do you actually see any newbies posting here? It seems like it's the same circle jerk posting over and over. Polls when you log off, only way to get a good picture.

Very wise point.

Almost NEVER newbies posted here.

Also because, you know... If you're not within the "true and fair pvpers" aristocracy, anything you will say, even the most reasonable and intelligent idea will get zero reply and even less attention.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

BS the other night US was screened out of the Danish port battle before they even got close by French, Pirates and Prussians.  We see it almost every time we try something, three or more nations screening us out of a fight when they don't even try to fight each other.

As I stated previously.

Can be considered screening out a PB fleet "gaming the game"?

I think I will have to ask my old philosophy professor.

ahahahahahah love you guys

who remembers the time when the nations were reduced to 1 port? yes, 1 port....no safe zone, no reinforcement zone, nothing for you scared child...i'm a Global server vet like some of you, but i still remember when ALL THE MAP WAS BLACK FOR RATS...only capital were left national due they weren't uncappable...only for that reason.  but players were still playing, i was playing, i was manging to sail near coast to reach brunswick from charleston chased by rats...rat nation where all the players of the losing nation, joined only to be to winning side...but players are still here

do you also remember time when there wasn't Determined Defender?...gank squad in connie,trinco and frig were chasing all nations ganking e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g in sight only with rageboarding with Gold Marines (when they were permaupgrade). battles (from 3 to 8 minutes) were closed immediately and who was inside was inside...no help, no AI , no mummy...nothing...but players are still here.

do you remember time when you can craft your gold ship with 5 perma +5 skillbook? no RNG? every richest player was unbeatable, due to stack of Top Permamods vs enemy capital noobs...but players are still here

well, a friend of mine bought this game and quitted after 4 days telling me there is too much PVE...PVP is so rare (we tried also PVP 1 joining britain...before you tell me ''on global there were only 100 player''). and my friend still had not learned how to sail who already wanted to do PVP to learn the game...because this is that game, an MMO with PVP...(not mandatory, but shit happens sometimes...)

THE PROBLEM ON THE PVP SERVER ISN'T PVP, IS PVE...useless grinding, useless player hiding in safety bubble scared of i don't know what...this is the reason why this game lost his player. too much protection for PVE'rs on wrong server

you guys also have problem reading english cause REINFORCEMENT zone are intended to give you REINFORCEMENTS, NOT SAFETY...you are asking for a God-Mode-Area where to stack unlimited gold and resources

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Go gank the gankers then. 

You know you'll end up... Ganking only the lone hunters... Very often the less skilled that are getting an initial grasp on PVP/hunting?

And you'll have to let stronger and more organized ones keeping hitting hard safezones (like happened yesterday)?

Typical example of "two mistakes dont do a right thing" 🤣😎🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

You know you'll end up... Ganking only the lone hunters... Very often the less skilled that are getting an initial grasp on PVP/hunting?

And you'll have to let stronger and more organized ones keeping hitting hard safezones (like happened yesterday)?

Typical example of "two mistakes dont do a right thing" 🤣😎🤣

I hunt alone in a Herc and im pretty sure ive run from your crowd a couple of times, lol.  Now I stay away from KPR when the combat news is full.

15 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

I hunt alone in a Herc and im pretty sure ive run from your crowd a couple of times, lol.  Now I stay away from KPR when the combat news is full.

I do not remember to get in battle with an Oberon. As a thumbrule we do not attack other raiders: having to deal often 1-3v10+ Brits, no sense in getting more enemies: already plenty.

Very often some Pirates and Prussians (usually) and some French end up following our group and we fight together.

We do attack and hunt down not-brits after they joined British side in battle or tagged us.

PS: so plain simple not being ganked: Stay out of a camped zone. But for someone is a crime leaving national waters.

Edited by Licinio Chiavari

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

I do not remember to get in battle with an Oberon. As a thumbrule we do not attack other raiders: having to deal often 1-3v10+ Brits, no sense in getting more enemies: already plenty.

Very often some Pirates and Prussians (usually) and some French end up following our group and we fight together.

We do attack and hunt down not-brits after they joined British side in battle or tagged us.

I wasn't tagged.  It's usually simple to escape from all Reqs.  And i'm Angus MacDuff in the game. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

As I stated previously.

Can be considered screening out a PB fleet "gaming the game"?

I think I will have to ask my old philosophy professor.

Screening is part of the game, the problem is when it's five nations against one and there of those are basically constantly bitching about lack of PvP and RvR but they hardly ever attack each other.   Than they cry there is no PvP/RvR....well get off your arse and attack those other guys right next to you in the OW half the time.  

I wasn't bitching about them getting screened out, I was only pointing out three nations where running around slaughtering US players instead of each other the other night cause they where going for the easy kill.  Can't bitch there is no PvP or RvR if your not attacking all sides.   

I do give the Pirates and Prussians credit they fight each other when they feel like it.

• Like 1

This post started with suggestions on safe zones and suddenly

became a place where self-proclaimed elite pvpers are trying to justify their crusade

toward those who "they" identify as pro pvpers which in "their" vision pick on seals (I want someone to explain me who gave em the

right to decide who are such seals and if they get or not get fun...).

The issue with NA dropping players, is the lack of depth, the lack of end game, and the reason developing went in the wrong way is that devs listened to much to the cry havok.

You ROVER guys are just looking for redemption, but hey it's 2018 and soon 2019, confess your own crimes/regrets/sins at your home, don't pretend to tell others what they should or not should do.

I've been ganked and was fine getting ganked, but the gankers pretended it was a fair OW when it was not, but when I do join the loosing side on 1vs3 OW battles I'm weak and cheap.

1 minute ago, Oberon74 said:

I wasn't tagged.  It's usually simple to escape from all Reqs.  And i'm Angus MacDuff in the game. 

Good to know and salute! The name doesnt sound new to me.

I would like to underline for "LeBrokenWhiners": «it's usually simple to escape from all Reqs».

You know mate you're risking to be sued after such a statement?

Just now, Licinio Chiavari said:

Good to know and salute! The name doesnt sound new to me.

I would like to underline for "LeBrokenWhiners": «it's usually simple to escape from all Reqs».

You know mate you're risking to be sued after such a statement?

The challenge the other day was 2 Reqs and a Prince.  The Prince came close!

18 minutes ago, PoisoneD said:

looking for redemption,

We follow a no mercy given, none asked.

No redemption needed. But what we don't need is a bunch of whiners complaining that another "nation" that isn't the "safe zone nation" enters their little mark farming and interrupts them ( we saved the same captain in a Constitution twice *weeeeeee*! )

All evening was like that, was truly illuminating. All battles we invaded to "defend" the brits the zone gankers were really "wtf why do you help them".

I will answer - PvP server. Attack anyone you want and don't expect everyone to accommodate to the easy pickings.

No high morale ground man, just PvP. Take it as it comes.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Screening is part of the game, the problem is when it's five nations against one and there of those are basically constantly bitching about lack of PvP and RvR but they hardly ever attack each other.   Than they cry there is no PvP/RvR....well get off your arse and attack those other guys right next to you in the OW half the time.  

I wasn't bitching about them getting screened out, I was only pointing out three nations where running around slaughtering US players instead of each other the other night cause they where going for the easy kill.  Can't bitch there is no PvP or RvR if your not attacking all sides.   

I do give the Pirates and Prussians credit they fight each other when they feel like it.

• Like 3

We follow a no mercy given, none asked.

No redemption needed. But what we don't need is a bunch of whiners complaining that another "nation" that isn't the "safe zone nation" enters their little mark farming and interrupts them

All evening was like that, was truly illuminating. All battles we invaded to "defend" the brits the zone gankers were really "wtf why do you help them".

I will answer - PvP server. Attack anyone you want and don't expect everyone to accommodate to the easy pickings.

No high morale ground man, just PvP. Take it as it comes.  

I was fine getting ganked,

what It hurt me is that you pretend it was fair OW xD

And the feeling you peeps transmitted

to me was instead that of high morale crusade, sorry but it was like that for me.

Where were you when US coast got stormed by seal clubbers? Where were you when pirates was stormed by seal clubbers?

Where are you right now, when GB are picking on the Polish-Lithuanian?

Edited by PoisoneD
forgot to quote
  • Like 4

Sorry if I sounded like that, was not my intention.

If there's anything we don't do is fair. I was even "whiped" by our commodore by having done a couple 1v1's the last days... *hides* ( stop with that dueling BS heth ! )

Actually the entire plan was to show the Jamaicans that they can fix the Xebec issue with privateers and princes.

Then the battle chats evolved into massive bullshit :) and I was even accused of griefing because I was keeping the xebecs bracketed... like wtf... 🤣... my little brain went... "is this trolling or are this guys serious ...!?"...

*shrugs* 

So OW RoE 3 minutes ( sigh...too long ) fixed spawns or Zone 10 minutes spawn all around... or 100% safe zones. 

5 minutes ago, PoisoneD said:

I was fine getting ganked,

what It hurt me is that you pretend it was fair OW xD

And the feeling you peeps transmitted

to me was instead that of high morale crusade, sorry but it was like that for me.

Yes. It is.

It's a (highly hypocritical) ethic crusade.

8 minutes ago, PoisoneD said:

Where were you when US coast got stormed by seal clubbers? Where were you when pirates was stormed by seal clubbers?

They were in good relation with the clubbers may be... And well happy not being the target.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, PoisoneD said:

You ROVER guys are just looking for redemption

Actual we were there to counter gank and maybe inspire 1 or 2 brits. Furtheremore the unlimted time defender join circle and higher playnumbers is more convenient and it was getting old to see xy sank brit near kpr.

Sorry that we dont form up with the other nations there and engage the brits together like everyone is expected (unwritten law) to do.  We used gamemechnics to our advantage like a 12pd  reload carro (maybe 18pd) hugging herc does or a 250 crew +  xebec does. We had plenty of fights we've got plenty of marks and in the end that is what counts right?

Ah and I like to add:

While the brits always bring such big ships they are actual out of range to inflict serious dmg to the enemy. means they are out of the fight so we can do more dmg and have less to share. More marks for us 😉

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

On another note, my captain came to the West Indies to plunder spanish treasure fleets. I blame the stories the old buccaneers told in the tavern while I was a little brat.

So I think that might explain why whenever there's a battle with Spain involved we always take the opponent side ;) so wasn't that hard to chose sides.