Game-Labs Forum

A Treatise On Custom Banners

• 2 months later...
On 4/20/2019 at 11:04 AM, Sir "The Lorax" John said:

20190420072546_1.thumb.jpg.5e8530dc3840f7573693293c0b876461.jpg

edit... This is replacing a DLC flag :)

Hi,

Could you share how you achieved that? Is it also modifying DLC flags used by others?

cheers,

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you! That map looks amazing. I once tried to modify the map, but failed miserably. If you ever succeed in modifying it, please, I would love to have that map in my game! xD And thank you for sharing that method, I tried modifying the flags on the resources.assets, but didn't work either. I don't know, maybe I did something wrong with it, I'll glady try that again. @Sir "The Lorax" John

When I tried to modify the map, the cities/ports were out of place, probably because the map I replaced was bigger/smaller than the original one from the game, but noneless it was a replica of the same map, just different colors and different details, must've done something wrong, I'll try something new with it. Did you make that map yourself?

Edited by Portuguese Privateer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2019 at 5:38 PM, Sir "The Lorax" John said:

Of course :) Yes, all the ships flying that particular flag will fly your edited version - so I often edit the least-used flags.

DLC Flag Location

As @Charles Edward Stuart says, the basegame flags are located in the file titled  ' sharedassests0.assets '  .  The DLC flags, however, are accessed through the file titled  ' resources.assets '  .  Following the same path that Charles offered before, choose this file instead.

Capture.JPG

Finding a Particular DLC Flag

Once you have opened  ' resources.assets '  , I recommend beginning a search for your flag.  I have found success searching by using the name of the flag given in game (omitting the word 'flag')

Here are two example searches:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

As in the basegame tutorial, be warned: You are looking for the ' .tex  ' file with a size of approximately 174,000.  It may be necessary to click ' Find Next ' once or twice to locate the proper file.

Prinse Geus:  Find Next

Not this one:  Capture.JPG

Click Find Next:

This one:         Capture.JPG

And if you were to click Find Next again:

Not this one: Capture.JPG

Other Interests in resources.assets

Using this folder, I have begun editing my map...

20190727200611_1.jpg

20190727215629_1.jpg

Capture.JPG

Hopefully this helps!

The paint files can be found in resources.assets... I am not experienced enough to edit them myself :)

Propose this map to admin to put it on live servers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 6:07 AM, Portuguese Privateer said:

Is this method still available for the default flags in-game? 

Yep :D

This one here I made in place of the Flag of Henry Every but you can do it for any flag, default or not

Pirate.png

Edited by Henry Long Castle

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 1:26 PM, Gabriel Espedrosa said:

Hi everyone!

Great thread here! I've been working on a bunch of flags for other nations in order to make them more interesting and eye candy.

Those do not aim historical accuracy, but be more eye catching. Feel free to follow to the guide to change them if you want to.

catalogue drapeaux étranger.png

suede.png

uk.png

us.png

chine.png

Danemark.png

espagne.png

espagne2.png

hollande.png

pirate.png

pologne.png

prusse.png

russie.png

Great work! It looks amazing! Can you share it, and write how to install thouse flags in to the game?

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2018 at 9:20 AM, Wilhelm von Seydlitz said:

"Deine Anleitung funktioniert super, danke nochmal. 👍
Ich muss nur noch etwas mit der Transparente Flaggenstruktur experimentieren. 🙂"

I cannot find the UnityEX, could someone post the link in here? or help me where and how to get it?       

On 8/25/2018 at 9:20 AM, Wilhelm von Seydlitz said:

• 1 month later...

I can confirm this method of flag editing still works for the moment, just be aware of any patches as they might overwrite the file containing the flag texture.

Never use a older sharedassets0.assets file to replace a newer patched one as it can have serious unforseen consequences. For example,

when an update happened last week and I replaced it with one I though was current I had huge frame rate issues on the open world which immediatly disseared

when I reverted back to the original file

My question for

@Charles Edward Stuart

You happen to know where the DLC flags are located? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/12/2020 at 8:43 AM, Henry Long Castle said:

I have uploaded UnityEX to my google drive : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DWRDucLw2u8KHeNRbhXHvWfKgwDZEkA6/view?usp=sharing
Since its an compressed EXE file feel free to check it for viruses ect, I was skeptical when I downloaded it as well :)

Weirdly enough, It's not letting me access the file in order to download it. I don't know if it's on my end or yours, can you check for me please?

Edit: Nevermind, I found a MEGA link that worked.

Edited by Marquis de LaFourche

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...