Game-Labs Forum

First of all:

Yes, there are more pressing concerns than graphics, because the overall graphics of NA look fine imo!

I especially like the detailed ship models and the water is also ok!

But i wonder if graphics couldn't be done even more vividly and thus immersive:

If i watch videos of sailing ships or boats i notice some details that make sailing so dynamic and enticing for myself:

1. If ships sail in a certain angle to the wind they heel over.

2. Ships rock / pitch when climbing waves and going down again.

3. With increasing speed a vessel also throws up a bow wave of increasing size.

4. Depending on how fast a vessel sails and how high the waves are, bow waves turn into quite impressing splashes of water, when the ship crashes into waves.

Imo NA captures 1. in a satisfing way!

But 2. and 3. could be done better (more dynamic) and 4. is missing completely!

@admin

Could you enhance 2. and 3. plus implement the splashing water to make this game's graphics even more immersive!?

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 3

@adminShips do need to roll more on OS and even more during storms. Water Splash size (on bow) must be increased as well and even leave water drops on screen from time to time. Water splash must also fly through the deck. 

Dip

cruising-nightmare-1.jpg

*when sailing there is always that one big wave that makes you all wet...it happens from time to time

Edited by Wind
  • Like 2

For a more immersive feeling when sailing along in OW set your view to deck level and have a water spray bottle by your side which you spray onto your face at regular intervals

Oh and put a fan on pointing at your face to feel the wind. 😁

Edited by Archaos
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Archaos said:

For a more immersive feeling when sailing along in OW set your view to deck level and have a water spray bottle by your side which you spray onto your face at regular intervals 😁

And after losing a ship, you shall be hanged from the yardarm until you are dead. 😅

Edited by Batman

2 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

First of all:

Yes, there are more pressing concerns than graphics, because the overall graphics of NA look fine imo!

I especially like the detailed ship models and the water is also ok!

But i wonder if graphics couldn't be done even more vividly and thus immersive:

If i watch videos of sailing ships or boats i notice some details that make sailing so dynamic and enticing for myself:

1. If ships sail in a certain angle to the wind they heel over.

2. Ships rock / pitch when climbing waves and going down again.

3. With increasing speed a vessel also throws up a bow wave of increasing size.

4. Depending on how fast a vessel sails and how high the waves are, bow waves turn into quite impressing splashes of water, when the ship crashes into waves.

Imo NA captures 1. in a satisfing way!

But 2. and 3. could be done better (more dynamic) and 4. is missing completely!

@admin

Could you enhance 2. and 3. plus implement the splashing water to make this game's graphics even more immersive!?

For 2&4 we need to have variable weather conditions. (and storms back in battles). Right not the conditions are pretty calm so you won't see much of this. We do have #1 it depends on the ship are sailing and of course with higher winds you'll see more heeling.

3 hours ago, DeRuyter said:

For 2&4 we need to have variable weather conditions. (and storms back in battles). Right not the conditions are pretty calm so you won't see much of this. We do have #1 it depends on the ship are sailing and of course with higher winds you'll see more heeling.

Even with the actual "waves" there should be (more) spray comming over the bow of a ship that sails 10kn + imo.

Edited by Navalus Magnus