Game-Labs Forum

Fleet ships getting a free teleport.

@admin Fleet ships should not get away with free teleports after escaping from battle..... @Otto Kohl and myself "exploited" the game to get ottos endy and my victory back to port without facing the consequences for our actions... We knew the pirates had a 2nd revenge fleet outside after killing the 1st one and we managed to get our 2 ships safely back to port for 30 pvp marks in total we gained. As you can see we captured a santi in battle 1. In battle 2 we captured a victory. I swapped ships and Otto kohl and myself sank each others ships in battle over and basically denied the pirates any chance to take their ships back. THIS IS EXPLOITING at its finest in my oppinion. We did it because we could and IT NEEDS TO be FIXED!!!!

GK6yD3Y.png

HEnTDEf.png

As you can see my vic is safe and sound back in great corn after teleport

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 4

9420446512A15FCEC0BCB7CBD9BF6C5A0B740D68

ED12C0AB3FCE6FA7F38580D14BCDB44C21D7EDF1

FE5FE95A1CF33D0066F327DCC0AE942716AB1F39

As one of those players waiting outside for an hour+ to try recapture the Santi Otto managed to capture from a fellow pirate and have some pvp and defend our waters, for it all to be denied by an exploit of game mechanics is just total garbage. Hachi and Otto knew what they were doing and did it anyway to save their own ships and so waste 6-8 others peoples time.

1 minute ago, Chug said:

As one of those players waiting outside for an hour+ to try recapture the Santi Otto managed to capture from a fellow pirate and have some pvp and defend our waters, for it all to be denied by an exploit of game mechanics is just total garbage. Hachi and Otto knew what they were doing and did it anyway to save their own ships and so waste 6-8 others peoples time.

Why would you wait an hour+ for them to come out? I though they get kicked out maximum 15 minutes after battle end.

But anyway it is good that they brought this to light rather than keep using it, hopefully something can be done to close this loop hole. I am sure others have found exploits and continue to use them for their advantage without telling anyone.

Maybe if you have escaped ships and you sink in battle you transfer to OW in one of the escaped ships. But this also highlights the problems with revenge fleets, so there are 2 sides to the issue. They won the battle but would end up losing their ships if they had to face the revenge fleet that amassed outside.

Just now, Capt Jubal Early said:

You shouldn't be able to get away with poking a hornets nest without coming in fast ships prepared to hit and run.  Simple. 

Id consiser reinforcment zones as hornet nests, battles there are open the whole time

Anything outside that should be you see what you get thus 2-3 min join timer

Besides NA is an MMo, ganking is a part of that. Shouldnt be playing if you cant accept that. The need to take revenge with any means is silly.

Invisibility and speed boost after leaving a battle instance got their reasons

• Like 6

Funny thing is if you guys surrendered the Victory to us we would've happily have given it back after the battle, it was honestly just about losing the pirate Santisma. We respect and liked you guys enough plus the 1sts you gave us at the start gave us more of a reason to honour it. 

I can't take it as a gank fleet as a we came out from information right outside one of our hotspot ports.  Ofcourse we'll come in a bigger number to try get the santi back. most the guys there were never in the 1sts battle and were called in for backup 

if you don't want to be caught come in ships that can't be stopped easy by gank fleets.

We went to belize yesterday and got revenge fleets on us but we had the ships to escape. 

you took the risk of taking a victory down there, you took a bigger risk taking the Santi we reacted to this and tried to counter the losses and a loop hole made us get nothing.

but you got 5 kills, 30 pvp marks and a get out of jail for free card.

As i said  understand why you did it. But i Really Really disliked it.

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wind said:

How about turn off friendly damage? Would that help? 

Switching off friendly fire may solve that specific problem, but it would create too many follow up issues. Imagine if you could just shoot chain through your friendly's sails at an enemy. Correct positioning in battle would lose a lot of it's worth. The same would happen with using an enemies hull to block off at least half a broadside. Most people wouldn't shoot in such a situation. Take away friendly fire and it becomes a freebie.

Really like the idea of a reputation system, though.

(Edited for spelling)

Edited by Tom Farseer
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Tom Farseer said:

Switching off friendly fire may solve that specific problem, but it would create too many follow up issues. Imagine if you could just shoot chain through your friendly's sails at an enemy. Correct positioning in battle would lose a lot of it's worth. The same would happen with using an enemies hull to block off at least half a broadside. Most people wouldn't shoot in such a situation. Take away friendly fire and it becomes a freebie.

Really like the idea of a reputation system, though.

(Edited for spelling)

It would absorb damage, but with no effect. It would not let chain fly through sails for example. Simply turn friendly sails into a rock wall hitbox. 

Edited by Wind

14 hours ago, Wind said:

If we only had a rep system that would penalize friendly fire and kills, but we don't. How about turn off friendly damage? Would that help?

yeah give me 0 rep.... what difference would it make without outlaaws

14 hours ago, Otto Kohl said:

Well im sorry to hear that. We will give you a rematch whenever you want. We had 0 repairs and our ships we wanted to save, we did what we had to. You were hoping for easy kills with revenge gank and free PvP marks and wasted an hour waiting for us in OW - next time go search for PvP by yourself, its more fun.

Revenge ganking, taking advantage of time compression in OW, magical GPS and communication at distance with other ships is an issue that also need to be adressed.

otto, my dear otto..... How did I find you in the middle of nowhere :) 

• Like 1

@HachiRoku

Ok. I have 3 traders (full of rare goods) as fleet and main frigate to protect them. I was protected fleet (they are escaped), but lost frigate.

Where does a game have to put my fleet? Sink it? Lock at the nearest enemy port?
A lot of things have two parties of a medal

Хачи -  стукач...

Edited by Nemockalb

Just now, Nemockalb said:

@HachiRoku

Ok. I have 3 traders (full of rare goods) as fleet and main frigate to protect them. I was protected fleet (they are escaped), but lost frigate.

Where does a game have to put my fleet? Sink it? Lock at the nearest enemy port?
A lot of things have two parties of a medal

put you in the 2nd ship in the fleet. Its simple to me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

put you in the 2nd ship in the fleet. Its simple to me. 

So, to give to the lonely hunter chance to melt all my ships on one? It's fair?

I was pay for fleet TP - lost main ship. IMHO

Edited by Nemockalb