Game-Labs Forum

New Captains - Read This First

I'm voting for not having to use ESC after typing in chat.   I've got stuck there so many times (and I know you all have)

Also, is there a way to see chat that has disappeared?   Sometimes I'm too busy to read the chat... you know pumping water and all.  ;)

• Like 1

I'm voting for not having to use ESC after typing in chat.   I've got stuck there so many times (and I know you all have)

Also, is there a way to see chat that has disappeared?   Sometimes I'm too busy to read the chat... you know pumping water and all.  ;)

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwsssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

''What are you trying to say?''

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

''Dude, calm down. What do you mean?''

wwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

''I don't understand!''

I AM JUST TRYING TO NAVIGATE, LEAVE ME ALONE

-Niels 10-01-2015

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

one semi pro tip is to use the sails on your ships to catch wind to push/pull your ship in desired direction to aim your guns. Thus allowing you to aim your canon where needed especially for the extra long range shots. Wind very important!

(practice manual sails or else you will loose every frigate fight and above)

Thank you! This was incredibly useful. 

I would also like to add:

SHIFT pulls up the scope. You can look through the telescope to see where your shots are landing and adjust

#6: you sail a bit better.

#7: (gunnery) you reload faster

#8: (survival) you pump out water before your ship sinks (incredibly useful).

Easy Kills:

So far the game is based on how much damage you cause. I recommend first checking to see if anyone disconnected. If they did, wait until their team sails away, mozy on over to the abandoned ship and fire away. Easy kill with no risk. 

Boarding:

If you are close enough to a ship you can board (it will give you an option to board) (by pressing G).

Board has a turned based timed mechanic. You get three options (Attack, Defend, Fire). If you attack, you are likely to risk losing crew but you will kill their crew. Not entirely sure if it works like Rock Paper Scissors. I've only done it once so far. 

I recommend first firing some Grape Shot before boarding. Grape is anti personnel. 

• Like 1

#6: you sail a bit better.

#7: (gunnery) you reload faster

#8: (survival) you pump out water before your ship sinks (incredibly useful).

Thought I explained that in my post. There is a picture there too :)

Any way, thanks for the feedback guys!  Glad it's useful for new captains.

Oh, and some special buttons I didn't mention - 'cause there is a cool complete keyboard map here, I gave a link to that theme in my topic.

Thanks! This is really helpful, but I still would like to see a small tutorial concerning gunnery (ranging in particular).

Ranging is basically shooting single tracking shots and adjusting the height correction. You can also use the spyglass for long ranging.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...