Game-Labs Forum

REDS + VCO Change Nation

North

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

clan based needs to happen.  

There will always be port battles for us to fight against your allies.  Sweden vs the map

Clan based is a horrible idea for a game like naval action. Many players greatly enjoy sailing for their nation or favorite nation from history and it helps bring the age of sail to life. If you don't care about nations (we already know VCO has 0 loyalty) go play NA:L. Endless mindless PBs await you there.

Furthermore, a clan based game will ruin the game for the many players that enjoy playing as part of a small clan of their friends. Right now, many small clans receive assistance for PB's because there is a shared interest in keeping national ports. A clan based game means all small clans are forced to assimilate or be wiped off the map.

How about the devs just make some changes to fix the nation mechanics instead of giving in to your tom foolery and ruining the game because you are incapable of facing adversity?

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Christoph said:

you already know that

But not in Cartagena soon to be new nation buddy :)

Btw - I have 5 forged papers.. how many do you guys have left? - And ain't this a silly game we're playing now :)

35 minutes ago, Christendom said:

We are joining Sweden to force @admin to change this game to a clan based/alliance system and get rid of nations.  

We are not joining Sweden to stop the wheel.  We are joining Sweden to break the wheel.  

Praise Us

That,s very selfish what about everyone who enjoys nations? Christ people knew you guys would start falling apart after a few of losses but your reaction is worse than a 5 year old child who got told its bed time. I am quite happy with the nations thank you very much.

Edited by Fletch67
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Christendom said:

We are joining Sweden to force @admin to change this game to a clan based/alliance system and get rid of nations.  

We are not joining Sweden to stop the wheel.  We are joining Sweden to break the wheel.  

Praise Us

If @admin made the game clanbased they'd be basically removing all pretense of any historical pretext they just as well redo the entire map since 33% of the map is currently unused.. and they'd be giving all players a valid reason for a refund since the historical pretext was and is part of the sales pitch..

24 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

I always tried my best to get you into PBs, when I was Swedish. Why should I change this? :) 

I will never forget that you didn't try to hit me with your mortar brig yesterday. True friend.

My body

I look forward to fight along yoy😰

13 minutes ago, Bristol Fashion said:

Clan based is a horrible idea for a game like naval action. Many players greatly enjoy sailing for their nation or favorite nation from history and it helps bring the age of sail to life. If you don't care about nations (we already know VCO has 0 loyalty) go play NA:L. Endless mindless PBs await you there.

Furthermore, a clan based game will ruin the game for the many players that enjoy playing as part of a small clan of their friends. Right now, many small clans receive assistance for PB's because there is a shared interest in keeping national ports. A clan based game means all small clans are forced to assimilate or be wiped off the map.

How about the devs just make some changes to fix the nation mechanics instead of giving in to your tom foolery and ruining the game because you are incapable of facing adversity?

Successful games of this type do not have 10 nations for a player base of 1000ish players.  Clan Alliances would fix your small clan problems.

4 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

If @admin made the game clanbased they'd be basically removing all pretense of any historical pretext they just as well redo the entire map since 33% of the map is currently unused.. and they'd be giving all players a valid reason for a refund since the historical pretext was and is part of the sales pitch..

Include France, GB and Spain as starting nations.  Problem solved.

I think historical pretest was thrown out the window when Russia, Prussia and Poland were introduced.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Include France, GB and Spain as starting nations.  Problem solved.

I think historical pretest was thrown out the window when Russia, Prussia and Poland were introduced.  

I remember you all that this is an Alpha game: perhaps at launch the extra Nations will be evaporated, assimilated, atomized. PUFF! Who knows?

Too late now but the Mediterranean + west coast of France during the Napoleonic wars would have made a much better back drop for the game play mechanics we have. There's no exploration or adventure gameplay so why not focus all the players into three major nations +pirates in a war setting since that's what we have now.