Game-Labs Forum

Yet another map: Naval Action map

Felix Victor

On my Chrome and Firefox I can't get the PvE map to appear but the Caribbean is fine (the same thing happens on both the main and beta servers)

Here's a copy-paste of my console on Firefox for the Caribbean map when CTRL-F5-ing the main server:

Request failed --> DOMException: "The operation was aborted. "                                                                                                                   na-map.min.js:1:3486
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-109520372-1”.               na-map.netlify.com:21
Error: Cannot set user agent for iframe with location different to this page                                                                                              content.js:150:17

Attached is the screenshot of my console on Firefox for the PvE map when CTRL-F5-ing the main server (copy-pasting didn't get the whole error).

The exact same thing appears in Chrome. I've tried turning off my adblocker and scriptblocker (on firefox and chrome) but the same thing happens.

I noticed this started happening yesterday - it was fine a few days ago.

namap.png

Edited by Eduard L'Aquila

Updated beta version at https://na-map-test.netlify.com/:

• ship comparison improved (including frame and planking woods)
  • list of frame and planking woods added (for a quick overview, choose wood comparison for a graphical presentation of frame/planks combinations)
  • 'select consumed goods' removed as being redundant
  • map initialisation should be faster
  • drop shadows improved (look proper on chrome now)
Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

Happy to do it but I dont know the math for it... Does anyone? @jodgi

Woods and OW speed mods are easy or at least straightforward. You would have to look up the modifier in the API. I've never done this, tho, so I haven't collected a readers digest of all those factors. The force modifiers I don't know how to handle.

Btw, how do you update your current profiles? Auto from API or manually?

You could have access to our worksheet if that's of any help to you. Baltic updates the factor to match listed port speeds each time they tweak the math. They did it recently and with upcoming profile changes I suspect it will happen again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jodgi said:

Btw, how do you update your current profiles? Auto from API or manually?

Most of the data is being updated automatically from the api after server maintenance. Few bits are taken from xml game file such as thickness and turn speed which is only a semi-auto process.

Edited by Felix Victor

v6.1 2018-09-15

• ship comparison improved (including frame and planking woods)
  • list of frame and planking woods added (for a quick overview, choose wood comparison for a graphical presentation of frame/planks combinations instead)
  • 'select consumed goods' removed as being redundant
  • map initialisation should be faster
  • drop shadows improved (look proper on chrome now)

• Like 5

@Felix Victor

This is a fantastic tool fella well done. I have a couple of suggestions if I may...

First, can you change the x,z co-ordinates to the full map size of x: -820k to +820k and z: -820k to +820k? At the moment Z: can’t go below -430k. This means it becomes messy to use when travelling around the Pacific bit of the map.

Secondly, scrolling and moving about is great. Across the top the Longitude column numbers appear however they don’t for the Latitude row numbers. Can this be added. Does Google chrome improve performance at all?

Again, great work Felix

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

suggestions if I may

Sure, I like suggestions ^^

travelling around the Pacific bit of the map

Oops, did I miss something? How can you travel there? (Can change the coords though)

they don’t for the Latitude row numbers

They do. But some browser/OS/screen resolution/... combinations display it wrongly (I have seen it too large, also reported by @Banished Privateer). Will look into it, might take a while though.

Google chrome improve performance

Never had any issues but I know that others reported performance problems. Probably beyond my amateur skills to fix it.

Edited by Felix Victor
  • Like 1

@Felix Victor

Not sure if this possible, every server cycle can you download the Combat News Kills?

My thoughts like the tax revenue data collection... example Carlisle Port a red circle would appear on the map with the number of PvP kills in that PORT area occurred over the last server cycle... not live

Maybe the intensity shown, so light Green 5 or less, 5 to 10 light red above 10 deep red...

Norfolk