Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

1 hour ago, admin said:

it was confirmed 1000 times before. Trader tool is useless overall if you want to make a purchase decision.
Trader tool is only useful if you are selling something. it does not provide reliable information on purchasing at all

Do you plan to work on Econ and more Advanced shop? maybe something similar to Albion or Potbs AH? or we are going to live with this primitive one. 

Thanks. 

P.S. Yacht is missing guns, with shadows still on while on OS. 

Edited by George Washington
  • Like 1

Just now, mikawa said:

No one can ensure that a bug will not decide about RVR results ... ? It's a test environemnt, nothing more but nothing less aswell. You have the chance to learn all the game mechanics before release so you will have a great advantage then over new players. Be glad for that :)

I'll underline it again. Test doesn't mean, that dev should not respect our time in game. And big advantage? I paid for it. Everyone can. Tbh that argument is pointless, cause anybody in every game can say, that other players have big advantage becouse of longer play time.

8 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

I'll underline it again. Test doesn't mean, that dev should not respect our time in game. And big advantage? I paid for it. Everyone can. Tbh that argument is pointless, cause anybody in every game can say, that other players have big advantage becouse of longer play time.

I only meant you should play for the fun of gameplay and don't take everything so seriously because it is about testing a piece of software ...

1 minute ago, mikawa said:

I only meant you should play for the fun of gameplay and don't take everything so seriously because it is about testing a piece of software ...

I'm taking my time seriously. And i will do it, even if we are talking about piece of software. It doesn't mean that i don't play for fun, because im doing it. And in my opinion this is the end of this discussion. I said everything what i wanted. o7

3 minutes ago, Demsity said:

Hear Hear!

I've seldom seen devs who implement new content over and over again in this relatively short development time ... must state this clearly -- and game content is already much over the promised amount.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikawa said:

I've seldom seen devs who implement new content over and over again in this relatively short development time ... must state this clearly -- and game content is already much over the promised amount.

I know, the devs are really fantastic

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

I agree . but if a port has a produce able good and no players producing it then the port should .that way your not sail all over looking for it  hours

Maybe you should produce the coal. 

The market is yours as you've described it. 

17 minutes ago, Demsity said:

I know, the devs are really fantastic

We all make faults and sometimes something that looks good on the papers turn out to be bad in reality. That's life but I can say that the changes made to gameplay over the past 1.5 years aren't trivial at all and that it is a huge effort to implement them over and over. Everyone who has only the slightest insight in game development knows this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

Maybe you should produce the coal. 

The market is yours as you've described it. 

I do have a coalmine just because of that problem along with many thing I produce . But like many you fail to get the post. Most player don't won't to craft at that level because it requires a large investment . so most most ports don't have raw materials available because dev expect players to produce toughs goods .but there not henceforth you can't readly find them .that's why raw materials basic port stock should be available

Edited by Captain corn blower

30 minutes ago, admin said:

You are not using facts when making your statements. Port battle bug was fixed the next day. Find a game dev who fixes bugs faster and then we talk. 

@admin can we maybe get a short little list of the hotfix from the last two day. Nothing big just maybe mention which big bugs have been fixed and what not.  Really the crashing in battles is turning a lot of folks off from playing and we all ready lost two 1st rates cause of them and a few other ships.  F11's have been done and ya'll are pretty good at replacing them when it's the game fault, but would be nice to know if those bugs where found and fixed or still pending.   Keep up the good work I won't mention names, but another game i love to play just did an expansion, some major bugs on there single player mode and they pretty much said, "we will prob get to it some time in October with a hotfix."   I was like really you charged for this and than want us to wait almost a month.  They did a small hotfix but it didn't cover the very bad bug that was left in cause they didn't have the single player in the beta of this expansion.  That is the things we are glad ya'll don't do.

4 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

BR 250 for a Wasa is not really what it's going to be, right?

Honestly it needs to be between the 4th rates and 3rd rates BR wise and prob high enough to maybe not be made into port battles, but than again it's easy to get and what's the diffrent from going from the Aggy Meta to now the Wasa Meta?  Though do think the BR needs to be raised some.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin can we maybe get a short little list of the hotfix from the last two day. Nothing big just maybe mention which big bugs have been fixed and what not.  Really the crashing in battles is turning a lot of folks off from playing and we all ready lost two 1st rates cause of them and a few other ships.  F11's have been done and ya'll are pretty good at replacing them when it's the game fault, but would be nice to know if those bugs where found and fixed or still pending.   Keep up the good work I won't mention names, but another game i love to play just did an expansion, some major bugs on there single player mode and they pretty much said, "we will prob get to it some time in October with a hotfix."   I was like really you charged for this and than want us to wait almost a month.  They did a small hotfix but it didn't cover the very bad bug that was left in cause they didn't have the single player in the beta of this expansion.  That is the things we are glad ya'll don't do.

Honestly it needs to be between the 4th rates and 3rd rates BR wise and prob high enough to maybe not be made into port battles, but than again it's easy to get and what's the diffrent from going from the Aggy Meta to now the Wasa Meta?  Though do think the BR needs to be raised some.

So in reality what does the Raised BR do....apart from make it more difficult to tag them in the OW?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, admin said:

You are not using facts when making your statements. Port battle bug was fixed the next day. Find a game dev who fixes bugs faster and then we talk. 

Haxus dev of Shores of Hazeron.

You challenged.

And it should be...

"Find a game dev who fixes bugs faster and then we'll (or we will) talk."

Not trolling just helping.

36 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

I do have a coalmine just because of that problem along with many thing I produce . But like many you fail to get the post. Most player don't won't to craft at that level because it requires a large investment . so most most ports don't have raw materials available because dev expect players to produce toughs goods .but there not henceforth you can't readly find them .that's why raw materials basic port stock should be available

I find these raw materials in the national trade hubs. 

Hello Everyone,

I am a new player, a newbie, started last week before the patch so I got a bit of the before and after the patch. As a new player, in my opinion this patch is a step forward and hopefully the game continues down on this path. The ship notes, the improved rewards are all great things for a new player and this game needs new players and for the PvP aspect to be able to bring them to speed faster. The ships, consumables need to be relatively cheap on a PvP server so you are able to get in/back to PVP fast. A game heavily relying on crafting and PvE grind should belong mostly to the PvE server. On a PvP server you should spend most of the time PvP'ing and if that doesn't happen you have to look for the reasons behind it.

Regarding the new players, based on my experience on a PvP server, the PvE grind is real. I think there still is a lot of room for improvement in that area to bring the new people faster to a meaningful PvP level which should be starting around 5th rate ships. Just my thoughts.

Edited by Robert
better wording
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Mrgoldstein said:

if you want pvp, just go looking at a place where a clan has control of a few towns, youll have pvp in no-time, ofcourse  the whole map still needs to settle, but thank god seal clubbing days are over...

if i want pvp i will just sail to a national capped ports im pretty sure the defending clan will come out quickly..

as for the cheaper ships, well its ok with me,it promotes more pvp, but im afraid everyone and their sister will be millionares in no time-and have everything they want and need, thus getting bored and leaving, it also takes away some of the tension, if you can make 600k in 40mins, who will even care if they still lose a ship? there should be a fine balanace between rewards and trade/crafting profits..

im not gonna craft ships anymore thats for sure, ill make way more money and comabt marks just running 1th rate missions.

That's the whole point, in my opinion the players should mostly care about losing or winning and not their ships.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Robert said:

The ships, consumables need to be relatively cheap on a PvP server so you are able to get in/back to PVP fast. A game heavily relying on crafting and PvE grind should belong mostly to the PvE server. On a PvP server you should spend most of the time PvP'ing and if that doesn't happen you have to look for the reasons behind it.

Look, as long as devs dont remove economy and crafting from the PvP server, we have to make it work. Dont missinterpret the name, its the common server that contains all type of players. 

Economy relies on a reasonable cost/income balancing, so ships stay valuable and inflation is not crashing the game. Exactly that happened already not long time ago, thats why this change is so ridiculous and not comprehensible. People left the game, instead of happily sinking their meaningless ships. But hey, lets try it again...

This does not mean that we need super expensive ships and PvE grinds all day long. We simply need a reasonable balancing that allows palyers to get the ship they really need, while ships remain valuable. There are also lots of options, just to increase income for low ranks for example, or change cost for certain type of ships. 5th rates could be cheaper while 3rd rates become more expensive, without increasing inflation. PvE grind is there cause they cant figure out how to reward PvP without allowing exploits, and PvE is so boring that it feels like a grind. But just a working economy is not connected with boring grinds. If actual ships were more valuable than those stupid upgrades and books (wtf?!), rewarding PvP wouldnt be a problem btw.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

Look, as long as devs dont remove economy and crafting from the PvP server, we have to make it work. Dont missinterpret the name, its the common server that contains all type of players. 

Economy relies on a reasonable cost/income balancing, so ships stay valuable and inflation is not crashing the game. Exactly that happened already not long time ago, thats why this change is so ridiculous and not comprehensible. People left the game, instead of happily sinking their meaningless ships. But hey, lets try it again...

This does not mean that we need super expensive ships and PvE grinds all day long. We simply need a reasonable balancing that allows palyers to get the ship they really need, while ships remain valuable. There are also lots of options, just to increase income for low ranks for example, or change cost for certain type of ships. 5th rates could be cheaper while 3rd rates become more expensive, without increasing inflation. PvE grind is there cause they cant figure out how to reward PvP without allowing exploits, and PvE is so boring that it feels like a grind. But just a working economy is not connected with boring grinds. If actual ships were more valuable than those stupid upgrades and books (wtf?!), rewarding PvP wouldnt be a problem btw.

Like i said, I'm a new player in this game, but, I have played quite a few games which gives me a fresh view and a certain perspective. The problem that I see there are 2 type of possible exploits, one regarding the PvP rewards and the other which you did not mention is regarding the multiple alts PvE craft/grind controlling the economy. I believe that 2nd category and griefers are the ones leaving when things are not profitable/enjoyable enough. Not sure why would a PvP player leave when things are cheap and affordable, why do you think that legends could become more popular than this game? This game has a lot of appeal because of OW, Crafting and Economy which is a more realistic approach but in order for the PvP to survive it should be just means to an end. There is also the time factor, most of players do not have the time and just want to jump in and out of action so the key word as you said it's balance and catering to a larger player base.

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, admin said:

I guess the issue here is not the bugfix (which was done very quick), but the feeling of fairness. Personally I don't care about the situation, however already a few times I heard that "bugs happen to everyone, except for Danes, who have developers in their ranks". As such, I think Danes have a role of "Cesar's wife". It's in your interest to make sure they're not favored through various bugs.

Again, personally I don't care.

• Like 1