Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

Good stuff - looking forward to testing this.  Bit concerned speed invisibility will help the invisibility gank more as well as securing revenge fleet avoidance - they needed solving together.Having knowledge grind higher than that needed to rank at higher levels also needs some attention now.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, admin said:

New group type added - Battle Group

• If battle group is attacked only battle group is pulled into battle 
  • If battle group attacks only battle group is pulled into battle 
  • If attacked by another Battle group BR checked between battle groups only
  • Battle group size - up to 25 ships
  • Important - all allies who are not in a battle group will only be able to join using reinforcement circles

This is beauty <3

8 minutes ago, Rouleur said:

Good stuff - looking forward to testing this.  Bit concerned speed invisibility will help the invisibility gank more as well as securing revenge fleet avoidance - they needed solving together.Having knowledge grind higher than that needed to rank at higher levels also needs some attention now.

It's also going to be harder to gank, since they are going to introduce the battle groups

59 minutes ago, admin said:

• Conquest mechanics changed. 

Hmmm...Interesting.

So does only the "winning nation" get victory marks and everyone else gets none at all?

On the one hand, I like it alot since it will automatically turn other nations against the "winner", and there's no reason for 1st and 2nd place nations to be friends when they're competing at the top spot - similar to real life politics and rivalries.

On the other hand, I fear that it can potentially lead to a snowball effect that might even be worse than conquest marks, with the whole "You need the marks to get the ships, you need the ships to get the marks", if someone manages to stay at the top long enough they'd might be able to set up a near-invincible fleet simply by ship-type disparity.

Regardless, looking forward to test it! Cool stuff!

• New group type added - Battle Group

Sounds good.

One issue though, is there a minimum playercount to create a battlegroup?

If a battlegroup vs battlegroup fight is exclusive to those groups, what's to stop an alt in another nation from forming a 1-man battlgroup and willingly getting attacked by a PB fleet to hide them in a combat instance? And it can be done even if there's a dozen screeners sailing nearby since it's exclusive and wont pull those guys into the battle.

• PVP combat mark rewards increased significantly
  • Invisibility now has a speed buff and allows you to ignore wind
  • We added a possibility to review the ship that you just boarded in the inspect ship interface 
  • Combat news channel added allowing you to see whats going on in pvp right now
  • Admiralty pvp daily leaderboard added - showing top 15 captains by pvp kills 
  • The pull circle has moved to defender as an experiment
  • Fleet ships will now be pulled to outlaw battle
  • We have brought the ability for the clan creator to transfer the creator (founder) status to another person
  • We have added the ability for officers to promote other members to officers
  • Clan warehouse expansion is added

Awesome awesome awesome.

• Blueprint and permit changes
    • Blueprints of Rattlesnake heavy, Ingermanland, Niagara, Wappen von Hamburg have been added to game (they all require permits that were added to the admiralty as well for victory marks)
    • Ocean, Santisima and Pavel permits are now available for victory marks
    • Bucentaure, 3rd rates and HMS Victory permits are available for combat marks

What about the Aga, Bellona and Pavel? Combat or Victory marks?

I fear that Inger, Niagara and Wappen will remain unused if they cost victory marks since they're still considered second-tier ships. Nice to see that the Vic is available for combat marks to bridge the mark gap and still allow nations lacking them to be competitive. Though I still wish that SOLs had been exponentially more expensive to craft to limit their presence.

Combat marks for "second-tier" ships and Victory marks for "first-tier" ships could be a good way to go to allow for competitiveness while still providing a deserved edge.

• Tow to port does not tow you to county capitals anymore (to fix the potential PB expoit). It sends you to common deep water port, but excludes county capitals

Plugs one hole, good on ya, though I still hate how it allows for easy-mode trading past all threats. TPing only being possible without cargo was great back in the day.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Peter Goldman said:

Please tell me that Victory marks are not trade'able. Imagine number of alts that will receive them.

i hope they do this.  but they would also have to make the permit not tradable.  and that wont work.  otherwise the alt just waits till he has enough for the permit and trades it to his main.

• Like 2

OH DEAR GOD

'victory marks' that only go to the top nation?

what were you guys smoking? the smaller nations will now never be able to get good ships. ever. 2-3 nations will be powerful, and 4-5 others dead. maybe even only 1 nation will win each week. all this system will do is artificially re-enforce superiority.

the conquest mark system was bad and needed fixing, but you have replaced it with something worse!!!

Not only that, but the distribution of 'impoartant' ports is laughable. Spain starts with 3 in the gulf, an area where no one goes, and no one wants to go. there aren't enough players to fill the half of the map that is used, and you are dragging us into the gulf to fight over ports no one cares about for victory marks that are basically rigged.

his is such dumb game design.

• Like 4

Very good news.

TP's to free ports.

Yup we need that again.

I will wait and see more later,

i run actually my windows xp 32 bits(no possible to play with it),

the crazy french thunderstorm have destroye my RJ45 card -.-

Hi,

15-20 minutes before the server stop i put 2 sell contracts for books, when coming back to the game after the update and going to the shop i don't see them listed there, still present in my contracts lists.

Claimed one contract and set up again the sell contract, yet it does not displays on the shop :

354449Client2017071712462288cr.jpg

207585Client2017071712462574cr.jpg

I tried to tp to another outpost and come back, tried to use the refresh button too but nothing seems to display them, also now the buy prices are displayed when they usually were not displayed when there was none available for sell.

Thank you

Edited by Kanay
  • Like 2

Thanks for the update. I suspect it won't help the small nations, though.  In fact, it will probably hurt us, since now there's an incentive for the bigger nations to take our ports.

I suspect you're going to see a dynamic where the bigger nations "oscillate".  That is - they have weeks where they accept they're not going to "win" the nation competition, and happily lose ports, and then other weeks where they aggressively try to win those ports back.    Probably some sort of two-week cycle.

So the ganker get more instead of balance. Invisibility now has a speed buff and allows you to ignore wind

restricting ships only allows the bigger nation to stay on top. marks need to be one kind.

bring balance not one sided.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

not true, the ships they want to be more rare cost vicotry marks yes, but the hms victory ship is only combat marks (400 total) so small clans and single players can now build 1th rates too, even if they don have acces to victory marks..its a good change

The rattlesnake heavy is for victory marks, and thus will dominate shallow port battles.

Other good ships too, the victory isnt the best 1st rate for PBs.

if the victory marks werent important, they wouldnt be there. so they are important, and only 2-3 nations will have them. its just dumb. the game shouldnt be rigged so that only the few heavily populated nations have a chance. its ridiculous. they have enough advantages anyway without more.

I mean FFS the small nations were at least able to get conquest marks!!!

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 3