Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

I think this patch has quite a lot of good ideas.

To give Victory Marks to all players of a nation is in my opinion fair, even single players have now the chance to sail the "special" ships some day. But if you look on the balance of "controll points" and "battle points" after yesterday evening you will recognize, that the factor controll points is much to high leveled.

A nation that lossed in the last week 3 ports and did nothing in this week and all the last 2 to 4 weeks leads the ranking and a nation that wins two ports in one night can't reach the first place. This means that most of the nations had no realistic chance to get victory marks even if they win many port battles. The system  is good, but the balance between battle points (this means victories) and controll points (this means doing nothing) is quite strange.

Edited by HamBlower
wrong number, correction
  • Like 1

Bellona 3 victory marks for a permit .700 combat marks for 3 victory mark are you kidding me !!!!!!! Get real guys it's not worth grinding for that much and one durability .come on dev what's next the browny point system ? 

14 hours ago, Quineloe said:

I predict the nation to take the big point ports from Spain will be the nation to get all victory marks from now until they're removed from the game again.

Victory marks area bad idea especially in carfting ships now. Especially sense you just added CB marks to crafting and everything else STICK To ONE SYSTEM and make reasonable.not all over the place 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tomms123 said:

Captain, there is a reason why they couldn't keep the new ships in or add in any more new ships and that is due to how the engine version they're on couldn't support it.

And who should we blame for that? Experienced Developer thinks outside the box before building foundation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lordicious said:

And who should we blame for that? Experienced Developer thinks outside the box before building foundation. 

You have no clue, do you?

Naval Action started to be developed on an older version of Unity. You do not upgrade the version of the game engine unless forced to (as upgrading to a new game engine in most cases breaks more stuff which thus bog down the devs in fixing those problems and thus slow down the process of developing the game).
Please read up on these issues before you post.

Now back on topic.

• Like 3

Nym, there is a cap as already mentioned, it consider bonus from trim as well together with modules.

Captains, today was a bug fixing patch, patch notes will be provided later with another update.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Twig said:

@admin Since the last patch my contracts (all shown at the shop) are not filled. I made sure, the whole day, that every contract is placed first the whole time and I noticed that the amount of ressources raised in the ports where my contracts have been placed. (I am talking about 8 Contracts in different ports which worked the whole time since the wipe - same ressources.)

Can this be a bug? That is the only reason I can get when I think about this matter. If yes, this needs to be fixed! :huh:

Thus, it is nice that you fixed a bug where contracts where not shown in the port but before that you need to fix that at least the contracts get filled!

7 hours ago, Suppenkelle said:

Same here. contracts are not filling.

Same here

Edited by Batnavo

14 minutes ago, Batnavo said:

Same here

contract price above minimal buy price from NPC? please send F11 in that case. But I guess you are talking about sell price (we managed to find a bug that allowed this and fixed it in 10.4).

35 minutes ago, Ink said:

contract price above minimal buy price from NPC? please send F11 in that case. But I guess you are talking about sell price (we managed to find a bug that allowed this and fixed it in 10.4).

I am talking about our minimal buy contracts from NPC's! (When we set a contract to buy goods)

6 hours ago, troody said:

there is a 20% HP Cap - due to the bridgetown frame refit and the wood u chose u already reached the cap.

as far as i know, there is a 20% cap for everything....

No there isnt.. you can get upwards of 25% or more on reload, and beyond that on speed.  

If we had a 20% max on everything the speed cap wouldnt be an issue.

2 minutes ago, Twig said:

I am talking about our minimal buy contracts from NPC's! (When we set a contract to buy goods)

if there is an item with sell price 5 and buy price 10 that is produced by NPC in this port, you have to set price equal or above 10. If you set for example 7, it won't be sold to you, is that the case?

8 minutes ago, Ink said:

if there is an item with sell price 5 and buy price 10 that is produced by NPC in this port, you have to set price equal or above 10. If you set for example 7, it won't be sold to you, is that the case?

I had a buy contract up for oak logs in one port, the port was selling for 55, and buying for 1.   

So I set a contract for 55.  

2 days later the contract still open, and the price jumped to 60 per log.   0/400 in the contract.   

Just now, Hodo said:

I had a buy contract up for oak logs in one port, the port was selling for 55, and buying for 1.   

So I set a contract for 55.  

2 days later the contract still open, and the price jumped to 60 per log.   0/400 in the contract.   

oak logs does not produced by NPC.

Also, price of goods produced by NPC (trading resources and rare wood) vary from maintenance to maintenance within certain range.

2 minutes ago, Ink said:

oak logs does not produced by NPC.

Also, price of goods produced by NPC (trading resources and rare wood) vary from maintenance to maintenance within certain range.

Odd...  Should have it so you can buy anything in a port under contract.   But meh.

BUG report. 

After choosing Repair Ship, Repair Ship, Sail Repair, and Surgeon are activated/reset. Have seen this a couple of times. Tried to send F11 report once, but it did not work from whatever reason. Will try again next time. 

3 minutes ago, Stilgar said:

BUG report. 

After choosing Repair Ship, Repair Ship, Sail Repair, and Surgeon are activated/reset. Have seen this a couple of times. Tried to send F11 report once, but it did not work from whatever reason. Will try again next time. 

Do you mean that sail and hull repairs start counting down if you choose to repair the hull?  If so that is the way it is supposed to be.  But if Surgeon is counting down too, then that is a bug.