Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.3 - New event, PvP marks changes, changes to knowledge slots and other fixes

admin

On 7/6/2017 at 11:38 AM, Benedict Ahhnold said:

That's how I thought it was supposed to work, but I know for sure that sometimes I have had one available while the other was on cooldown. I'll try to replicate, but thanks for confirming how it's intended to work.

Figured out my confusion: the Basic Cutter still lets you pop hull and sail repairs with separate cooldowns, whereas the "real" ships do not.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:07 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Doing a average teak teak build your numbers are way off.  This is cost with charge for labor hours if you craft every thing yourself.  I see a lot of folks loosing a lot of money right now with some of the prices they are putting ships up for.  Though I do admit ships should be way cheaper for folks to get into in the lower end of things.  7th-5th rates that aren't permit ships should be cheaper to get back into and not such a lost if you loose one.  And remember this is going off paying the dirt bottom price for things not what other players  might charge you for the mats.

Lynx: 44821
Privateer:  53838

Pickle: 64577

Brig: 103722

Mercury:  126609

Navy Brig 104442

Snow: 120243

Well, people must be losing quite a bit of money, or the markets on our servers are way different.  My Bermuda Lynx was 20k.  My Teak and white oak privateer 25k, my Teak and White Oak Pickle 35k.  My Merc was 80k.  It might be different now though cause of white oak.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:28 AM, Simon Cadete said:

You guys are here all talking about canoes!!! Where is the pvp with actual ships (4th rate and above)? When you sail around in a snow or mercury all you can attack is trader brigs and other tiny stuff. How about get a ship that actually matters and fight bigger ships where losing a ship it's actually costly

Actual ships are 5th rates and above, and there should be far more 5th rates in the world than 4th rates.  If pvp is primarily 4th and above, something is wrong.  If it is primarily 5th and below, that is how it is supposed to be, looking at historical numbers.

On 6/27/2017 at 0:29 PM, Simon Cadete said:

People that 

If the Reno wasn't there what would you have done??!! Lol

On 6/27/2017 at 9:22 AM, Hodo said:

Talking about canoes.

Last night with the help of a Renomee, we managed to capture a Indefatigable running by himself.  So dont talk about canoes not being worth it. 

2 weeks ago I fought a lone Indy in my Lynx.  Got him down to 80 crew, but couldn't get him farther down to board.  He ran under a fort and I had to run.  Battle took about 80 minutes because he had so much rum on board.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 2

The Indiaman has never been known as the Indy.  The Indefatigable has always been known as the Indy, that is the nickname of the ship, just like Old Ironsides is the Constitution and the Bloody Hermione is the Santa Cecilia.  I haven't heard a single person calling the Indiaman the Indy, and if someone does, it is by mistake.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

What PvP rewards? LOL

I suppose I should have said ANY.

Point would be still...

1. Revenge Fleets wont get any reward from you in X minutes after first battle, after first escape.

2. It would make sense that they bring back losers reward.  This would slightly decrease alt abuse in that case (X minutes).

Dear Developers, dear main developer!

First of all i have to write, that this post is a copy of my post in suggestion topic. I made this, because i think i figured out, how u can make this game far better then now, and my suggestions can be really easily implemented in ur system. I take the risk to be warned, or kick from forum, but i like ur game very much, and i wish it long live and much players.

(Todays happenings i realized, how hard is to make this game succesfull!

British took one of the most important area of spanish, and if they cant get it back, the whole nation wil be supressed, what can cause a player leak again.)

I suggest a new conquest system. The war/play on the map should go for the Ruler of the Caribean title. In my system between two nation there will be 3 type of reletaionship. One can rule the other, and they can be equals. For example British can rule on spanish, spanish can rule on british and they can be equals. If british wants to rule on spanish, they should attack one of thier ports and win the port battle. If they rule on the spanish, they shouldnt be able to attack any more port, but OS battles will be still enabled. The British should be able to use the spanish resources (with smuggler flag they should be able to bid on thier resources). If the spanish attack back to a british port, and they win, they became equal (they both can attack again, and British smugglers cant bid again in spanish ports), and if they win another PB (area) against british, they will rule on british (cannot attack them anymore, but can bid on resources). If a nation rule on all others, they become the ruler of the caribean, what means, they win the map. Then should be map and nation status reset (all equals), but every outposts, xp, ships and so one shouldnt be reseted in the starting areas. With this system there is a problem. Nation(s) with small area (especially swedish) can have only the capitals at endgame, so when a nation rule on all others but one, the last attack should be on 1st rate port or on the last remaining (not ruled) nation capital. If the main ruler win, the map reset come! There should be some tricky situation, but its not that chaotic, as it seems. For example if swedish, british and spain equals, British attack Cartagena (spanish port) and win, they will rule on spanish. If swedish attack cartagena, and take it, they will rule on british, while british still rule on spanish. Its simple, isnt it. In this system u need to rework ur conqest mark system, because if a nation rule on all others but one, they can stock shitload conquest mark with delaying the last attack (maybe conquest mark system is good, just daily multiplier should end like 3-5-7 days, as u wish). At every map reset player should get 1 forged paper, but i think its better for the game if nation change is allowed only near to the reset (like 1 week, else all can change to the ruler nation before reset for the win, or for the win reward).

This system has loads of advantages.  Strong nations capable to win has to attack all other nations, and they wont be able to anihilate or supress anothers (they can get only one area frem one nation). The wars between nations will go for 1-2 important area. It should work like a climbing ladder, win against 1 nation after 1.  In this system there are big chance that strong nations will deplete thier ship pool for the win, as they need to attack all others. Till the map reset the national areas doesnt change much, so easy nation still stay easy even if they are ruled.

Appart from that system:

U must defend new players appart from that which nation they choose. They do mainly PVE, so PVP and especially ganking is bad for them. Give an opportunity to players below "post captain" to flag themselfs with "Naval Student flag". If they sail under this flag with a warship, they and thier missions shouldnt be attacked in home waters (!), and they shouldnt attack enemy or join PVP battles either. After that rank i dont think anybody leave because of some ganks, and they should be able to defend themselfes. 

There are a lot of boring sailing time implemented, 99% no action in it. This sailing are mostly ship rearrangement between outpost and for hauling. This OS sailing get players from real action, what is bad for them and for the rest.  Let all type of ships move automatically between outposts without cargo with 1 day penalty. In outposts should be an option to send ships to other outpost. The ships should get "on the way mark", and should arrive in targeted outpost at server reset or after 24 h . This can give more active players on sea (PVE, PVP, smuggling, cargo hauling) against non active players. Btw automatic movement should help players struggled with ships in contested port aswell (struggling with ur best ship in a contested port can make player leak again, and can weaken low populated nations). Top of that i think ships from contested ports should move to the closest outpost automatically without any player action/intervention, so players after holyday or long work or just  a short break shouldnt get themselfes without thier best ships.

If u do the conqest system i suggested, u have to let nations attack others far from home water, and help to defend or take back thier isolated ports. That wont work, if u dont let players to make outpost at least 1 freetown, with the capability to move there ships automatically and switch to ship there. This can boost OS PVP very much, and if u let only 1 freetown outpost, main force of the nation will have the same freeport, while minor part can do solo trader hunting, smuggling with it.

I think nowdays u want solve the "suppressed nation", lowby player gank and another problems with the long OS sailing distances, but it seems to me doesnt work. U get player leak again and again, because OS PVP is supressed while HC players going for ganks instead of real fights.

Btw u should boost OS PVP activity without raise ganking. Just make PVP zones at ports with 50% tension, where PVP rewards are 10X. That should pull all PVP focused players there and withdraw them from ganking. It should work like ur daily events for PVP players :).

I think nowdays u want solve the "suppressed nation", lowby player gank and another problems with the long OS sailing distances, but it seems to me doesnt work. U get player leak again and again. My suggestions can solve the most problems, i think.

i share my ideas with u for free :). Its just a joke! Not for free! I want to play with ur game when every player can get thier joy in it....

I have other ideas, but they are not so important. In my system tow to port is useless, and i think it bad for trader hunting/trader running/trader fleet game.

Low populated nations should get some advantage, like lower conquest mark and combat mark prices of ships (Agamemnon 3-4 Conquest mark, Consti 50-60 Combat mark and so one...), and advertise it at player creation (low populated nation, advantage of endgame ship building prices by 10-20%). Top of that the 1 or 2 nation with lowest population should change combat marks to conquest mark. If the population groth, they shouldnt be able to do this anymore.

i think if there are more than 50 (30-100?) outpost at a Freeport, that should be PVP zone aswell till outpost number wont go down. That should help defensive moves aswell, as can activate PVP focused players of the defensive nation to attack ships around the attackers freeport.

With the changes i supposed i think u can avoid all type of player pool leak, no supressed nations, no lowbie gank, much more OS PVP, new endgame content, less boring OS sailing without action.

Best regards: ..

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 2

Cm only serves for solitary players can not get to be able to get sols. I see a photo of a port battle full of first, you have to be very hypocritical to ask to be limited for everyone, and then the harbor battles with 25 locean

Edited by Alado
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, EL LOCO said:

Get rid of conquest marks. Its unfair.   I feel alienated.     This must be done now.  I mean now.

hi,well,  EVERYBODY without C M is feeling alienated 

if you don't have a strong bond, or alone (new players, or single players) you are out the game in a short while for sure..(by the lack of opportunity)

[sometimes there is a reason for being alone in the game ]

but devs told already there will be a slow update in the next months, so it will probably not be changed in the coming months, let's hope they will build a new system in the engine upgrade, before the release of Unity 5 to the servers and we all have a go again...

1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Really would like to see those rate limits for Port Battles -> 2x1st rate + 6x2nd rate + 14x3rd rate + 3x4th rate (or whatever similar).

And also PB's limited to 2nd rates, 3rd rates, 4th rates and 5th rates, without allowing all the ships to be at max rates. 

All PB's for the conquest of one port, not an entire region.

All also the 1000 point target to be challenged: more for nations controlling a lot of port, less for nations controlling a few, to increase the game stability.

And PLEASE, get rid of the game killing conquest marks.

• Like 1

WHy is it Combat marks are doubled for PVP, but gold and experience is only increased by 50%?

That seems way too low a reward for PVP. I don't see in what patch this was so significantly nerfed. Was this documented? Many aren't even aware of this nerf.

On 7/8/2017 at 3:12 PM, Quineloe said:

sigh, how can the ship that made it later into the game get the name that the indiaman already had before it.

Indiaman was a ship class, not so much a name of the ship.  

Kind of like the Fluyt and the Galleon.   

Lvl 3 shipyard.  All mats obtained.  over 20million in gold. 600 combat marks,  most rig refits/mods,   full outpost.  workshop and 3 lvl 3 buildings yet I cant build a decent ship.   Yet..everyone else has one by cheating or gaming the system.  Boring .  This must be changed.     Catch 22 is I cant join a pb as I don't have a good enough ship.     This is a freaking joke .  Your patch 10.3 was the worst patch ever.    Before mega patch. I helped Spain by building good ships for sale.  Now I cant.    And you are not going to make me join some Freemason style crap clan.   I am a rebel but that doesn't mean I cant build ships

So basically not playing much. 

Someone wanted that things are expensive, not everyone should have a first rate, etc.  We have to GRIND PvE/Trade/Craft to get ships, buildings, etc.

Sooooooooo what happened?  We have less PVP, less RvR, gank PvP, we have kicked out casuals + all players whose main focus is PvP and not PvE.

plsnomore.jpg

Edited by Cmdr RideZ
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

not everyone should have a first rate, etc. 

I think the main request was that port battles shouldn't be 50 first rates. And the one thing this patch did not achieve was exactly that. After one month we're right back in the pure first rate meta, with all the grinding consequences.

At least the current PB system doesn't allow for entire fleets to be destroyed, else we'd probably already be back down to 300 players on peak.

Don't get me wrong.  I like the patch.  I like the 1 durability and the mix of upgrades.  But it is obvious that trying to limit 1st rates does not work.  It is unfair to say the least.  I see plenty of 1st rates in battles but by only certain clans.   But they are working the game , cheating and bullying.   This is unfair.   A lot of solo players have quit and will continue to quit unless you fix CONQUEST MARKS

• Like 3