Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.2 - Changes to mission, crafting, ROE and other fixes

admin

10 minutes ago, maturin said:

Yeah, could we get a clarification on this?

A few guns (4-6 total) for traders makes the game a lot more interesting. Full guns on a trader's snow with no hold penalty is excessive.

urban legends

10 guns of 2 tons each will consume 20 tons of cargo hold

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

we see data and see some skilled solo privateers building lvl 3 shipyards in free towns - all from stolen goods (from players and npc)

Maybe some gifted players can make it work. Most of us lesser mortals cannot. If you serve the top 1% and ignore the rest then you will deservedly lose the majority of players.

12 minutes ago, maturin said:

A few guns (4-6 total) for traders makes the game a lot more interesting. Full guns on a trader's snow with no hold penalty is excessive.

The big diffrence is the crew....try to man all those guns on that Snow with only 65 crew and effectively fight a full normal snow with full crew and tell me how that works out for you.

1 minute ago, admin said:

urban legends

10 guns of 2 tons each will consume 20 tons of cargo hold

I figure most of that space is eaten up by crew. I was told AI Traders have guns on them now, I hope there reload and such are effective by crew size.

4 minutes ago, Pada said:

We had perfectly balanced mast before wipe.

1st,2nd Rates:            119cm
3rd Rates:                   111cm
4th Rates:                   103cm
Heavy 5th Rates:          96cm
Light 5th Rates:       86-70cm
6th,7th Rates:               50cm

This is where skilled players can demast wile receiving damage and people who have not practiced demasting will use chain instead. Everyone was happy with that.

Yes, this was in fact the sweet spot....   dis-masting was hard, and if you didnt get one down, you paid for it...

• Like 4

I still feel like the gold grind is unbearable, regional capitals need to be consuming SOMETHING so players have more flexibility with trading instead of the constant Freeport Pirate Goods>Carribean>Pirate>Carribean   runs we have now, thats a terrible system, good for gankers but a waste of 95% of the ports in the game.

39 minutes ago, maturin said:

I tested it today in a fir/crewspace tsnow against a npc pickle ... well if you manage your crew well it works great i would rate it between a Pickle and a Brig combat performance wise so far from exessive but able to fight of a privateer. Honestly its somewhat fun to use such a ship :D i like it.

To demasting the Pickle from above was quite easy to demast and i dont think npcs have other values then the player? So i think it is still possible but not like before when it was all there was about.

The complainment about revenge fleet well you got your 3 min timer wich makes it very unlikly your target gets help a little risk must still be there also maybe not everyone but a lot of the so called PVP´er did nothing else then attacking trader with minimal risk so ...

Edited by Lonar

I've now checked the econ changes. This is a preliminary assessment:

7 hours ago, admin said:
  • Labor hour costs of repair rig materials became lower
  • Lower caliber guns costs were reduced 

It is specifically Canvas Rolls and Planks (all woods) which have reduced labour hours. Canvas Rolls LH halves and Planks LH reduce by about 1/3.

Crafted guns up to and including 18 lb have reduced material requirements. 4 lb medium and longs now use exactly half the materials they needed before. 18 lbers get a 10% reduction and intermediate sizes are reduced more or less in proportion. Charcoal Carronades have similar reductions. I have not checked shop prices.

Some of the obscure refits change, but that's it so far as I can tell.

I just hope I didn't run off 100 9lb longs last night before I logged. Bet I did though. Edit: I did :(.

Edited by Remus
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Siegfried said:

My only concern is the buff in the snow. More guns, and now more streng and speed? I heard that a ship have more speed with the lenght of the hull. This ship is shorter and with less sail area I think... the other 6th class are more useless now.

More like the snow was useless before and now it's in the right spot? You obviously haven't played snow much before... it had ridiculously low sail and hull hp for a few more guns...

5 hours ago, admin said:

Demasting rebalanced. 

You mean nerfed, and nerfed hard. The fact that you still refuse to allow mark conversion shows that you only have one sort of player in mind for the PvP server (because I don't enjoy being solely a PvE carebear - I like fighting other players and engaging in conquest, it just isn't something I actively seek all the time.). There's a host of other issues, but I really don't feel like spending the time getting into them right now.

I think I'm done with NA for now with this update. Too focused on the hardcore with tons-of-free-time sort, the Professional Killers (taxonomic gamer type) and less on finding a more reasonable balance in playstyle. Too many of the updates and changes seem to revolve around kneejerk reactions to a small proportion of disproportionately-vocal players. This is a shame, because NA is a game I really -want- to love and enjoy, but ever since the wipe I just haven't been having fun. And that's not to say that the changes weren't all bad - I really enjoyed the state of the Testbed prior to the launch of 10.0, with a few caveats (such as nested ship knowledge requirements).

This isn't quite a 'so long, and thanks for all the fish (and salt)' sort of situation - I'll still follow updates with the glimmering, guttering hope that somehow you see the light and shift gears, but I just can't justify to myself continuing to be involved in the game or community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pada said:

We had perfectly balanced mast before wipe.

1st,2nd Rates:            119cm
3rd Rates:                   111cm
4th Rates:                   103cm
Heavy 5th Rates:          96cm
Light 5th Rates:       86-70cm
6th,7th Rates:               50cm

This is where skilled players can demast while receiving damage and people who have not practiced demasting will use chain instead. Everyone was happy with that.

Why are the devs always changing things that worked?

Just before the wipe is the exact point and how demasting should be. You just have to go back to that point and problem solved.

People really good at demasting will demast and people not good may demast sometimes, but not always.

Please, focus on the real problems and don't change things working and accepted by everybody

1 hour ago, maturin said:

Size of cargo hold stays the same. Maximum allowed crew stays the same. The minimum cannon loadout stays the same for each position (i.e. adding cannons to a Lynx, you have to add 4 a side / 8 total as the "Deck" slot requires that). When cannons are added to the ship, it loses some cargo capacity (and speed).

So: by adding cannons to a trade vessel you get a multipurpose ship, but it makes compromises. It can enter enemy ports with Smuggler tag enabled (have tested and confirmed), can engage in light PVP / self defense, but it has a small crew and loses some speed compared to an unarmed trader. I think it's a very interesting situation and will be interested to see how it is received. .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kiithnaras said:

Too focused on the hardcore with tons-of-free-time sort, the Professional Killers (taxonomic gamer type) and less on finding a more reasonable balance in playstyle. Too many of the updates and changes seem to revolve around kneejerk reactions to a small proportion of disproportionately-vocal players

Actually no
Its the vocal minority who wants to nullify defense fleets, wants battles to close immediately,  want to win by insta demasting, want to solo pvp near enemy capital. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Actually no
Its the vocal minority who wants to nullify defense fleets, wants battles to close immediately,  want to win by insta demasting, want to solo pvp near enemy capital. 

so you dont see current pvp problems but take them as a whining of minority... kek

shitpost phrase edited out - mod

3 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

Why are the devs always changing things that worked?

Just before the wipe is the exact point and how demasting should be. You just have to go back to that point and problem solved.

People really good at demasting will demast and people not good may demast sometimes, but not always.

Please, focus on the real problems and don't change things working and accepted by everybody

Ah. here we go again. Apologies captain, but we had open development last year. 
This is how it looked
WOk06OZ.gif

Not anymore.

I do not like demasting to be the only tactic choice for a skilled player.  The masts now are the way I want them. 
We plan to make minor adjustments going forward and bring stronger leaks (for underside damage). 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, manuva85 said:

so you dont see current pvp problems but take them as a whining of minority... kek

hey manuva.
I said they want things for themselves - that help them win
i did not say they were whining - you did. Please don't attack the community in the feedback topics - if you plan to attack the community you better leave the forum

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, admin said:

An open developement where you did oposite to what ppl asked you to do and testers forum input was not taken in even for a while... keep on kidding yourself mate

1 minute ago, dumpert said:

на будущее, чтобы через месяц было проще найти.

запомните этот твит (с)

баффну пожалуй еще и хп :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, admin said:

This is how it looked
WOk06OZ.gif

Not anymore.

I do not like demasting to be the only tactic choice for a skilled player.  The masts now are the way I want them. 
We plan to make minor adjustments going forward and bring stronger leaks (for underside damage). 

that's awesome who ha

3 minutes ago, manuva85 said:

An open developement where you did oposite to what ppl asked you to do and testers forum input was not taken in even for a while... keep on kidding yourself mate

ah no .. teleport from BRS and alliances were purely player driven features (alliances by large clans and tp from brs by solo hunters who demanded the solution to revenge fleets). Just like the insta closed battles, just like many other features Just like the open world itself. Stop making up bs.  You just forgot. \this game is 80% player designed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, admin said:

Actually no
want to win by insta demasting

Who is wanting this?
As far as i recall every single person who complained about demasting being too hard or too easy also argued that it had to be balanced.
So that demasting, chaining, raking, hull bashing would all be equally viable tactics.  

• Like 4

@admin

Question: As the ship's structure gets lowered, does mast thickness and HP get affected? I'm pretty sure it does, but it would be nice to know how much.