Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.2 - Changes to mission, crafting, ROE and other fixes

admin

On 13.6.2017 at 5:31 PM, admin said:

urban legends

10 guns of 2 tons each will consume 20 tons of cargo hold

hmm i doubt that a brig was able to carry 1750 tonns ... and aswell it is not just about the weight ... it is aswell about the room cannones gunpowder and balls used ... this could not be used for freight anymore

So I just logged on today, just now as I post this, to check on my sell contract for rum in Charlston on the PvE, only to see that the AI, for whatever convaluted reason, is now selling rum below 100 gold...this prevents me from A: selling whats left of my own contract, and B: actually make a profit if I were to sell lower than the AI....

This is seriously messed up...stuff like that screws up the economy. No sane producer would EVER sell it that low. You have to sell a single unit of rum for at LEAST 130 gold each to make any type of profit.

This shit needs to fixed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kitsunelegend said:

This is seriously messed up...stuff like that screws up the economy. No sane producer would EVER sell it that low. You have to sell a single unit of rum for at LEAST 130 gold each to make any type of profit.

Happens also in reality, this is done to get other produceer out of the market. So your question has to be can you kick out the AI traders of the market - I guess no.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

It's kind of sad, I play this game for the PVP but usually only have time to play on weekends.  Three weeks in the only PVP I have had is in basic cutters. The rest of the time I've been working to get money, buy outposts, set up some buildings.  I just redeemed my pickle and surprise, bought medium cannons from the store, and I'm back to getting money so that if I do lose, I'm not completely broke. Although I did finally make a traders Lynx :D Hopefully in a month I'll be able to be more consistently pvp'ing. We will see. 

I know your problem....you need to return to the dark side....lol

10 hours ago, Hodo said:

You dont need new tactics, just stern camp them as before and then rage board.  

As for the new mast thickness, last night I was jumped by two Snows in while in a Trader Brig.  Had I been paying attention this wouldnt have happened.  (so that was my fault, damned Candy Crush)  But they worked for about 20min to take down my masts, they got one down and I repaired my sails to keep going.  Had I targeted their mast in turn I think I could have demasted one of them.  But this just illustrates my previous point of these fully armed trade ships being broken.  I can still haul 1700 cargo with the T-Brig, I can go 13.5kn in that one with guns and 500 cargo.  AND I have more than enough crew to man every gun on that ship and full sailing crew.  

I knocked both Snows down to less than 100 men before they boarded me and had they not completely demasted me I would have done WAY more casualties.  

In short, it shouldnt take TWO FULLY ARMED SNOWS TO TAKE DOWN A TRADER BRIG!

Yah with the mast changes I think they need to bump repairs back to 15 mins cool down.  Every time I gotten some one mast down or just the tops they where able to pop a repair and have the sail back.  With the Meta being fast ships sails are what folks go for and why there was so much demasting in the past.  Even knocking down one or part of a mast some of these speed ships will out run a lot of tanky ships.  We have guys that refuse to play speed ships and I don't think they have fired a shot against another player cause either us fast ships get the target down and fight over before they catch up or the one being chase gets away.  In Light ships the snow is the only thing with chasers to it's pretty much the only hunter ship that can keep folks int he fight unless they are slow as hell that ships like Privateers can keep in fights.

• Like 1

Port Battle timer EU PVP

What does  the conquest information in map stating that "Port battles can ONLY be set between .... 17.00 and 22.00 actually mean"?

As far as I can tell there is a port battle window between 17.00 and 22.00 BUT this is not the case, but might be intended.

We also have a statement that Port Battles are set 22 hours after 100% hostility occurs.

This being the case we might expect that a port battle with a start time of up to 22.00 could be created by ensuring hostility reaches 100% by up to 24.00. However, this is not the case as we have seen hostility of 100% secured after 22.00 but before 24.00 resulting in no port battle being set.

So I now assume that hostility of 100% can only result in a port battle being created 22.00 hours after the requisite hostility is created and 100% hostility must exist both after 17.00 and before 22.00 in order to set a port battle which can now only take place between 17.00 (assuming 100% hostility occurs at 17.00) and 20.00 assuming 100% secured at 22.00. This means the ACTUAL port battle window is only 3 hours long between 17.00 and 20.00.

Is this really the intention or not as it seems an unreasonably small window for port battles to start even for the a server where a restricted window exists.

Is this intended or have I got this wrong having secured hostility of over 100% at around 22.30 server time with no port battle being created at 20.30 the following day.

Confused.

Edited by Rouleur

6 hours ago, kitsunelegend said:

So I just logged on today, just now as I post this, to check on my sell contract for rum in Charlston on the PvE, only to see that the AI, for whatever convaluted reason, is now selling rum below 100 gold...this prevents me from A: selling whats left of my own contract, and B: actually make a profit if I were to sell lower than the AI....

NPC Rum prices haven't changed since the wipe - and I agree that except at 'consumed' ports they are way too low; at consumed ports they may be a little too low. What has changed since you last logged in is someone has dumped some rum (loot from a ship or wreck) in the shop.

If you think rum will sell at your original price, then buy the cheap rum and, once your own stock has sold, list it at your own price to turn a profit.

I am not yet sure what the best plan is with repairs (including rum), both for what crafters should do and how the game should work. It looks like rum drops in such large quantities that it isn't worth crafting, but it probably is still worth crafting hull and rig repairs (indeed, I craft them for my own use, but I don't sell them). Hull and rig repairs can be sold at reasonable profit to NPCs in certain ports (free towns I think), which also seems fine (no need for sell contracts), although the NPC mark-up is too high.

One thing I think we as crafter/sellers will need to be aware of is the NPC price of whatever we are trying to sell. If there is none on sale you cannot see this in the shop screen, but you can in the trader tool. If your sell contract is priced higher then you have to beware that if another player dumps stock onto the shop, the shop NPC will undercut your sell contract.

Incidentally, if i were to make and sell rum, my sell price would be 109 (including the contract fee which I add onto the price). What makes your price so high? The cost of production is 33.

• Like 1

Changing the traders at this point in the game i think should not be done and im guessing newbie PvP whiners and your typical PVP whiner if you don't want to lose your ships and get jumped on then play PVE like I do that's the mechanics of the PVP version of the game .I believe that's why the DEVs shouldn't go changing the game that's the problem with a game like this it starts to be over developed and second-guessed by the Developers trying to please everybody if they want to do something constructive then give everybody an in in-game email especially the longer older players that have been in there from the beginning and ask them what they want to see change or don't change that way everybody has an actual real voice especially the people have invested a ton of time into it come up with do or don't list and send it out plus a comment section I think there's been a bunch of changes especially the wipe that everybody I've talked to and chat no one likes ,they actually like the old version of the game which I have to agree was way better than it is now.

Edited by Captain corn blower
  • Like 1

Armed trade ships are a good idea. There are some things not taken into consideration that I think should be. For example, while the guns take up weight, the gun deck, which on a trader is used for cargo space, should be deducted from the number of cargo slots as well. Cannon, shot and powder don't just have weight they have volume.

Being able to put partial (or even mixed) cannon load outs was a reality during the age of sail and wasn't necessarily done by the deck. I'm pretty sure the limits of the DB would exclude mix and match, but it should allow partial load outs. It would both help with expense of outfitting a ship, gives more choice to the player (rarely a bad thing), and teach the value of not going around under gunned.

16 hours ago, Digital Wind said:

Enemy AI fleets would only become weaker from this or best case scenario, stay the same.  I don't run around in anything less than the best guns my ships can carry, why should AI?

You can give the player the ability to use a partial load out, but that doesn't mean the AI would get the option to do that. Since all AI trade ships seem to have a full load out, I think it safe to speculate that it's always on. As such I don't see this as being of major concern. AI only does what it's programed to do.

@Captain corn blower Please, could you use punctuation. You make some good points, but it's so damn hard to read your comments sometimes. :unsure:

8 hours ago, Rouleur said:

This being the case we might expect that a port battle with a start time of up to 22.00 could be created by ensuring hostility reaches 100% by up to 24.00. However, this is not the case as we have seen hostility of 100% secured after 22.00 but before 24.00 resulting in no port battle being set.

This should be fixed in a next hotfix.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barberouge said:

This should be fixed in a next hotfix.

Have ya'll looked at the PvP Global times, the window for no port battle needs to move up 2 hours.  It was never changed from when the maintenance down time was moved forward.  Right now Port battles can be scheduled when the game is down for updates and there is a big 4 hour window before down time you can't do them either.

24 minutes ago, Challenge said:

Armed trade ships are a good idea. There are some things not taken into consideration that I think should be. For example, while the guns take up weight, the gun deck, which on a trader is used for cargo space, should be deducted from the number of cargo slots as well. Cannon, shot and powder don't just have weight they have volume.

Being able to put partial (or even mixed) cannon load outs was a reality during the age of sail and wasn't necessarily done by the deck. I'm pretty sure the limits of the DB would exclude mix and match, but it should allow partial load outs. It would both help with expense of outfitting a ship, gives more choice to the player (rarely a bad thing), and teach the value of not going around under gunned.

You can give the player the ability to use a partial load out, but that doesn't mean the AI would get the option to do that. Since all AI trade ships seem to have a full load out, I think it safe to speculate that it's always on. As such I don't see this as being of major concern. AI only does what it's programed to do.

@Captain corn blower Please, could you use punctuation. You make some good points, but it's so damn hard to read your comments sometimes. :unsure:

Yeah, :;,"-'., you mean those things?

These are really good balance changes.

- cheaper cannons for new players

- end of the free cutter swarm attacks which were SOOOOO annoying

- Masts now not such a focus

- Snow buffed (lovely ship that was just too weak to use)

All good things.

Why are you not allowed to move fleet ships to docks without an outpost, is this restriction necessary?

If u want to hunt alone an be sank its a pity when u can not replace your lost ship with someone u captured, f. ex. a trader brig.

Can we have the feature to change goods between fleet ships and main ship in OW. Also if u want to sail alon an hunt it woul be nice.

• Like 2

Finally and again, this game is no playable without tp freetown to freetown, and without captured ship.

No way for explore the map, mission pve non stop, because is the run for the money.

Really boring to having for playing only kemps bay and mt area, open worl game are you sure?

And when i see 2 000 000 for consti, i think is hello kittying joke...

I try to reborn the fun but ...

But sure this patch is the happyness for eco player, that is true!

I think it took me an hour the other night to sail from La Tortue to Reo Seco FL

Ok if for you that is playing -.-

50% of my spirit while create ticket for return my money with steam !

i wait and see but first road map have to be making avatar for walk in land, finally no, and this patch ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PongoNW said:

Turning off the capitol teleport was a terrible idea. Thanks for making 2 hours of admin sailing per day into 4 hours. Brilliant fail.

I think the big problem is the lack of demand in "provincial" ports for any goods that would be cheaper in the capital.  Capitals should produce significant amounts of national goods that are in high demand in provincial national ports (not just other capitals). Those provincial Spaniards absolutely must have their jamon after all.  This would provide more opportunities for profitable outbound trips (and more hunting opportunities).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Actually it was a good thing, it forced people to sail places AND BACK...  Instead of only logging in to sail to one place then teleport back to the capital then logging out till they can do it again.  

I rarely sail back. Most times I build a ship to carry my cargo and sell the ship as well :)

Edited by Remus

Just saw yesterday that in crafting the densities of the woods for planking are reflected in the amount of ballast needed. Just to balance righting moment and displacement, I suppose.

Devs, you find me awe-stricken. Never thought, a game would even dream of involving this much depth. As a physicist who worked in fluid dynamics and as a passionate RL sailor I'm deeply impressed by this attitude without compromise towards fundamental science. Chapeau!

• Like 2

On 6/14/2017 at 5:21 PM, Digital Wind said:

Enemy AI fleets would only become weaker from this or best case scenario, stay the same.  I don't run around in anything less than the best guns my ships can carry, why should AI?

Variety? Authenticity? The only AI fleets that would be weaker are trader fleets, which aren't a challenge, anyway.

But I suppose people would also applaud jet engines and laser cannons, if they could use that to show how awesome they are at beating up on the AI.

38 minutes ago, greybuscat said:

Variety? Authenticity? The only AI fleets that would be weaker are trader fleets, which aren't a challenge, anyway.

But I suppose people would also applaud jet engines and laser cannons, if they could use that to show how awesome they are at beating up on the AI.

lets say it an AI connie, currently with max cannons, if the cannons were randomly changed around, there are many more weaker combos than the strongest combo which is what it currently has.  Not that hard to get.