Game-Labs Forum

Will open world survive long term once NA legends is launched?

Pretty simple question. From my understanding Sea Trials( aka an legends) was very popular. Enter OW who's long term stability has been questionable at best.

If NA Legends is more popular by a large margin, and OW players flock to it instead of staying with OW, can OW survive?

I must say I find it hilarious, some people were calling the guys seeking for fair and equal fights to hellokitty off and wait for Arena, and now they're worrying about them leaving the sandbox version and that hurting the playerbase lol

• Like 9

I will play the heck out of NA Legends the same as playing the heck out of NA OW.  It's a win-win as far as I can see.  People may buy Legends for the combat and they then may gain an interest in the OW aspect while those who play OW but want some instant(ish) PvP will have that option with Legends.  The two will complement each other nicely I believe.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Then they will like it but like Counter Strike and any other arena based game, it gets old VERY VERY fast.  

Not for everyone; some just prefer knowing what they're up against and know that it's down to individual skill and not numbers.

• Like 5

I know i will be switching to NA legends completely. I had my fun in OW and the concept / idea is very good but let's be honest here.... the ships and combat is what the game really is about. Why would i sink all this time into the OW version grinding pve / working the pseudo eco for upgrades to get a ship ready for competitive PvP when i can have it on Legends intsantly and with balanced teams, too??

• Like 6

I seem to not fit into either game anymore. Legends will be so boring  like any moba only instead of the battle lasting 15 minutes ill have to wait a hour and a half for the battle to end lol f that. I mean how many times can you get into a line , turn one direction and go pew lew pew all for no accomplishments. 

On the other hand as NA ow stands now i would have to quit my job in order to do well enough to survive where the ow is heading so i cant fit in there either.

Can we have a different game, like NA with current combat mechanics but go back to the ow how it was when it first launched. 

For me it doesn't have anything to do with wanting to find fair fights or instant action. It simply that the latest patch is mind numbingly boring and requires a massive amount of time investment in things that I find to be of almost zero fun. That's it. The game changed an awful lot in the last patch from what it had been the past few years. If NA Legends can provide an opportunity to have challenging fights that showcase the superb naval combat without having to spend mindless hours hauling crap around, crafting repair kits, and grinding for drops and ship experience then I'm all in. Just because it is going to be an arena style game does not mean it has to be shallow.....just like you didn't need to turn NA into a part time job to play. 

• Like 4

Personally I hope it brings more people to the OW game or at very least helps fund further development of it. I have no interest in an arena style game, as much as I love the combat for me the main pull of NA is working with clan mates towards some long term goal and that part of the game isn't relevant in an arena game.

• Like 1

When players say they log in and then watch Netflix  while their ship sails in a straight line for a few hours means the devs have failed in making content in OW engaging enough to bother playing.  Might as well take a nap at that point lol.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hodo said:

Only a handful of people used them.  But there is a market for it.  But I imagine you will have to pay for it as it will be a separate game.

Naval Action Legends (Arena) will be free for owners of Naval Action. Obviusly.

16 hours ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

For me it doesn't have anything to do with wanting to find fair fights or instant action. It simply that the latest patch is mind numbingly boring and requires a massive amount of time investment in things that I find to be of almost zero fun. That's it. The game changed an awful lot in the last patch from what it had been the past few years. If NA Legends can provide an opportunity to have challenging fights that showcase the superb naval combat without having to spend mindless hours hauling crap around, crafting repair kits, and grinding for drops and ship experience then I'm all in. Just because it is going to be an arena style game does not mean it has to be shallow.....just like you didn't need to turn NA into a part time job to play. 

Very well put, Sir. I don't mind time investment as long as i am enjoying it - it is a game after all. Grinding PvE for hours, praying to RNGesus for that copper plating, just to get closer to a decent PvP ship is cancer, let alone the good refits, that are only available with alot of luck and cash. Grinding ship knowledge xp isn't even as bad as i thought initially. It's annoying but fairly managable, if you aren't looking to sail a SOL with 5 slots any time soon. The fact that you have to grind PvE or even trading in order to get PvP is what is really killing the game for many serious PvP players right now. I even dare say, if you are completely fine with the game as it is now, you're probably a carebear...

• Like 2

Long term it use to die down after every major patch anyway, with legends i dont know what will happen...

But with game release who knows what will happen i just hope the game can retain atleast 4 digits online after about ~3 months

3 hours ago, Wigermo said:

Long term it use to die down after every major patch anyway, with legends i dont know what will happen...

But with game release who knows what will happen i just hope the game can retain atleast 4 digits online after about ~3 months

Hard to say with legends, despite what people think it will take some time to get that going as well.

I really don't see OW maintaining over 1k players at peak times at 3 months 

Both games have their place in the library.

Legends will fill that small gap with free time.

In any case statistics show that more hours are spent in a continuous way by one player in arena games than in games that require time to play. WoT vs Steel Fury for example. Or WT vs IL-2. So the "lack of time" does not correlate.

I certainly hope so.  While I do enjoy combat in the game, for me at least it becomes kind of samey same after a while but alot of that is probably because I really enjoy the trading/smuggling aspect of the game and much prefer to do it on the PvP server as there is danger involved.  I would like to get into port battles but just regular combat is not my focus when playing and won't ever be.  The legends game would be good for when someone like me wants to do a  little quick combat.  I think there is room for both and I hope they both succeed wildly!