Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.1

admin

7 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Working as intended then :)

that maybe so ...and i have no problem with that,, it still doesnt solve the fact its 3 hours to sail from kpr to belize and back which is a days worth of gameplay ..which means we dont have time to grind hostility anywhere ..which means we cant attack anywhere which ,means our foes can build a larger number of bigger ships ..which means that so do we to compete  so we still have to sail back 3 hours for coal ..and etc etc etc

can you not see the downward spiral in all this

Basic cutter is now a basic pve farming ship. It will not be able to attack players and join pvp battles and outlaw battles (battles originated against the player) as reinforcement. It will still be pulled into combat instance if he is in the pull circle.

Thats not a fix - that's a contradiction - those dam basic cutters should go nowhere.

1 minute ago, Grundgemunkey said:

that maybe so ...and i have no problem with that,, it still doesnt solve the fact its 3 hours to sail from kpr to belize and back which is a days worth of gameplay ..which means we dont have time to grind hostility anywhere ..which means we cant attack anywhere which ,means our foes can build a larger number of bigger ships ..which means that so do we to compete  so we still have to sail back 3 hours for coal ..and etc etc etc

Are u alone in your nation ? Traders trade and sail during this time other ppl up hostility... Where is the problem ? 

2 minutes ago, Grundgemunkey said:

Yes. I see the planning and logistics spiral. Hence it is indeed a nation/clan/council effort.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

hmmm.. this was not done.. is it true? Can lords of Cartagena or Port au prince confirm? 

Santo Domingo didn't pay out 3 this morning only 1 according to the Danes on PvP Global and same with San Juan region as they own both and they are 3 point regions.

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Santo Domingo didn't pay out 3 this morning only 1 according to the Danes on PvP Global and same with San Juan region as they own both and they are 3 point regions.

All ports give only 1 conquest mark.

It was done yesterday update.

Edited by qw569

3 minutes ago, Sid the Infected said:

Obviously not in the ship you just lost. I guess a cutter then?

ah if you sink you are sent to the nearest friendly or neutral port. Thats not a TP

1 hour ago, admin said:

hmmm.. this was not done.. is it true? Can lords of Cartagena or Port au prince confirm? 

Just going off what Admin said here.....apparently it's not suppose to be 1...

3 minutes ago, qw569 said:

All ports give only 1 conquest mark.

It was done yesterday update.

The resource issue with coal from day one was decisive. We attack the nearest port with it and lost against longs, lost masts at max range and could not shoot back. We lost the pb although it was fun - still the only "proper" pb so far - all the others were fake, uncontested to flip or so imbalanced as to be useless. Naval "inaction" - PVE grinding to flip uncontested ports to create conquest marks and sailing for hours for coal etc.

We have to spend the majority of play time trying to solve the resource problems and we can't even smuggle any more - forcing the use of alts.

Now we have to sail both ways - so no time for port flipping fake hostility grind (oh joy) or genuine hostility. There is no PvP activity for ports as every port producing no conquest marks is nearly useless apart from the coal port and we have to fight L'Oceans in Indys. They rightly took away the OP Cutter bombing which was objectionable. There is no short sail from KPR so we sail whilst the blessed nations got on with flipping the map and generating conquest mark.

Players get no fun = game gets no players.

Edited by Rouleur

1 hour ago, Landomatic said:

Pirates already laid down the first 1st rates by pvping with eachother during the day you could exchange PVP marks for Conquest marks.  I think you're doing just fine. :)

You apparently didn't read the patch notes we posted did you?   Hell you guys keep twisting crap and not reading it.  Go read the past patch notes and stop believing every thing you hear on global or in chat.  

LOL just cause I say I have a Bucc in Global doesn't mean I have one.  We can troll the crap out of ya'll cause y'all seem to believe every thing that is said on global.  or that some one else tells you.   Don't trust anything unless you see it your self or have first hand experience.   

• Like 2

23 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Yes. I see the planning and logistics spiral. Hence it is indeed a nation/clan/council effort.

the lack of coal silver and gold from day one  set us back so far it is impossible to recover we are working as hard as we can ,, but it seems every hotfix sets us back

the only gold we get is from drops in mining ... we sail hours in traders with smuggler flags to ports that the traders tool says has gold available to find none for sale

thats a days gameplay gone for nothing ... if we dont get intercepted and lose a trading ship it costs ... was the same with coal until the devs were kind enough to give it to us a week after everyone else ...but 3 hours away ,,, silver the same fortunatly we have managed to get some now

my best guess is that brit nation will collapse in 2-3 weeks and will be just a place where people who buy the game join .. sail out of kpr a few time get seal clubbed and quit

you said it all sounds bleak the other day well it is

those from other nations that are giving us all this good advice ..thanks for it  if we could we would .. we are not newbies we gave you a good run before the wipe ..we suddenly havent all forgotten how to play the game

seems the only nation that could beat us has ... the devs

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 3

I am disappointed with the cutter changes although I understand the reasons. Its just that the cutters provided a safe environment for a new player to get his feet wet in pvp without the fear of loss that later battles will provide. By going hunting in a cutter a noob can gain the confidence to go out in bigger ships. There are many that I know personally that will likely never go out alone because of their confidence with fights. The cutter is the perfect tool to get them past their fear and is only really good for fighting small ships so players will quickly want to get out of them once they build their confidence and skill some. Can we not address the issue with cutters by forcing only 1v1 with them and BR limitations?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rouleur said:

Now we have to sail both ways - so no time for port flipping fake hostility grind (oh joy) or genuine hostility. There is no PvP activity for ports as every port producing no conquest marks is nearly useless apart from the coal port and we have to fight L'Oceans in Indys. They rightly took away the OP Cutter bombing which was objectionable. There is no short sail from KPR so we sail whilst the blessed nations got on with flipping the map and generating conquest mark.

Players get no fun = game gets no players.

You don't have to sail both ways if you build ships around the resources. And you still can tp without ships from outpost to outpost in your nation without any cool down or limitation. But resources have to be transported - not teleported.  Arranging convoys or sailing in fast traders still provide ability to transport required resources faster.

We fully understand the negatives of teleport to capital removal but we always said that it was a temporary measure. 

1 minute ago, Sid the Infected said:

I am disappointed with the cutter changes although I understand the reasons. Its just that the cutters provided a safe environment for a new player to get his feet wet in pvp without the fear of loss that later battles will provide. By going hunting in a cutter a noob can gain the confidence to go out in bigger ships. There are many that I know personally that will likely never go out alone because of their confidence with fights. The cutter is the perfect tool to get them past their fear and is only really good for fighting small ships so players will quickly want to get out of them once they build their confidence and skill some. Can we not address the issue with cutters by forcing only 1v1 with them and BR limitations?

basic cutter is a pve basic ship to get the grasp of the game. For pvp upgrade to pickle or privateer - which are cheap and provide immense fun (and safety)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, admin said:

You don't have to sail both ways if you build ships around the resources. And you still can tp with ships from outpost to outpost in your nation without any cool down or limitation. But resources have to be transported - not teleported.  Arranging convoys or sailing in fast traders still provide ability to transport required resources faster.

you can tp ships from outpost to outpost ????????????????? is that in todays hotfix

@admin

Have you considered the possibility of removing prerequisites from ship XP grind and increase XP required per ship?

Personally I wouldn't mind even 10 times more XP required to unlock stuff on ships that I like rather than being forced to grind ships I do not like. I'd rather grind, for example, trincomalee for a month to fully unlock it instead of grinding privateer, merkury and renomee for a week.

XP unlocks is a great idea. However _forcing_ people to sail ships they dislike is a good way to push people away from the game. Let us grind on stuff that we enjoy, even if amount of grind is increased.

• Like 4

Just now, Aphilas said:

@admin

Have you considered the possibility of removing prerequisites from ship XP grind and increase XP required per ship?

Personally I wouldn't mind even 10 times more XP required to unlock stuff on ships that I like rather than being forced to grind ships I do not like. I'd rather grind, for example, trincomalee for a month to fully unlock it instead of grinding privateer, merkury and renomee for a week.

XP unlocks is a great idea. However _forcing_ people to sail ships they dislike is a good way to push people away from the game. Let us grind on stuff that we enjoy, even if amount of grind is increased.

Yes, the only grip i have with post 10,0 patch, and this should be the good solution.