Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.1 - Changes to conquest

admin

3 hours ago, Lannes said:

I sailed a long way--a waste of time--to a port to sell iron ore. I made circa 10,000 gold and lost my empty unarmed trader brig on the way back. So, I lost way more than I made. This is no way to design a game, when it's a grind to get out of a cutter and a grind to get up the ladder.

I cannot recommend the game to anyone, at this stage. This was not the case a year ago. Too many things that I liked have gone and have been replaced by a banal grind.

Would it have been a waste if you had not lost your ship? It is unfortunate that you lost your ship, but a trade ship being attacked at sea is part of the game if you choose trading to make money. Just think the player or players that took your ship were likely mad that it was empty, also complaining that it was a waste of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Pensions were lowered. Santo Domngo LP only gives 1 Cm instead of 3.

Ah .... austerity strikes back! Like in real life pensions are the first target! :blink:

Edited by victor
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, TrackTerror said:

conquest marks are still more abundant then pvp marks, expect to see more lOceans then constitutions.

That is cause folks are grabbing empty ports. If you have defenders and attackers you will have PvP for every one killed in the OW out side and in side the port battles.

New conquest mark system is bad imo, somebody just go to 3-4 free port battle win without enemy and will have shitload marks without any risk, fight. u should give 1 conquest mark for participating in a winner PB and give 1 mark for any kill in PB and 1/2 mark for any assist. U shouldnt give marks day after day for winner PB-s, thats a bad idea.

Btw i have another suggestions:
I play Naval Action from the start, i think im one of the most busy tester of the game. I stopped playing for a while. ur game is the best(!), but u make time after time fatal mistakes, what force players to leave.
Tester usually write about that mistakes, but usually noone cares about it. I play from the wipe again. Congratulation. Ur new economy model is good, the trade became much enjoyable as the fleet system and the PVP, PVE content too. U made a really slow, but usefull work. The problem is that u made some (one) fatal mistake again, so ur "new game" wont be viable. What is this problem? U let "basic cutter system" as it was before wipe.  New players, "low budget players" go out to farm, pro-s go out for conquest point with thier expensive ships, and they always have to fight with basic cutter swarm. This type of fight is not enjoyable, not worth for the "normal" side, and not fair that one side riska a lot for nothing, and the other side risk nothing. I have 2 player in my guild left the game because they lost thier expensive farm ships in that way. If u let people swarm the normal players without any risk, it will kill the game, u will loose ur player base again. I think u can solve  the problem easily. With basic cutters or with basic cannons on board players shouldnt attack or join to attacker fights. Another solution if u give 1 PVP mark to players sinking basic cutters or ships with basic cannons while u get one mark form the cutter captain  if he sunk (and if he has; if not no penalty). If I have some other suggestion, what are not that important, but shouild be very usefull aswell. U should help the new players and PVP, PVE players with low cost basic ships. Like navy brig for 30 PVE marks, cerberus for 60 PVE mark, Indef. frigate for 150 PVE mark. This can help a lot, and make game much enjoyable. U should make rate ship mark and craft cost more exponential. Soon u will see, that La Oceans will be the only ship in PB-s. Everybody will rush for that, because no meaning to make lower rates. 1st rates should have much higher prices in conquest mark and in craft price aswell. Like if Bellona 5-10 mark, La Ocean should 30-50. i have 1 more suggestion. u shouldnt let enemy to attack players in fleet or combat missions. Its really joke that somebody start to farm with his brand new expensive ship and 5 basic cutter just appear in his mission. The solution is really easy. dont let attack players in combat misson, but to avoid unfair disappears in OS chases if a player under attack on OS he shouldnt join for a mission. I like ur game and now u have the last chance to make it a good, maybe profitable game, but if u let basic cutter swarm u wont be succesfull.

• Like 1

Maybe this is a problem of expectations, but I really liked how all of the hotfixes for 10.0 had notes and don't like how none of the hotfixes for 10.1 have them.

Edited by greybuscat
Didn't not want no double negatives
  • Like 4

On 2/6/2017 at 11:52 AM, charognard666 said:

Do you expect sailing a 4th rate in 7 days ? If you have access to redem, you need only something like 10hours in order to sail your indefatigable fitted, less if you are effective... With a simple trader brig, you can make 1/2 milion in 4 or 5 hours of trade... But you say, you are playing with mates, just make pve fleet missions, can't undertand how you haven't you own workshop for canons and all your prod ready since the 10,0 patch... 

You want pvp mark ? Sail your surprise and catch traders, Sail your surprise with your guild and catch anything, But yes, you need, like in all mmo, work a little before beeing fully effective and able to fit 3 ships by day cause you sunk. Organize yourself and your guilde, set your production and crafting line, your trade course, your contract...

Ehm - some of us actually love the pvp combat - but we are not allowed to get it due to too steep game-design. Its impossible to get if you compare to other games... I dont understand why you hesitate that much. Why are the average player not allowed to get into pvp-action? 

If I go to ANY other multiplayer game, I can get into pvp battle within 5 min of gameplay. Here it will take me a week or two. Well, I wont becouse I cannot afford to loose a single ship. It seems like this game is being developed by a closed club of hard core gamers...

An every patch is making things harder and harder. Its crazy.

5 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Ehm - some of us actually love the pvp combat - but we are not allowed to get it due to too steep game-design. Its impossible to get if you compare to other games... I dont understand why you hesitate that much. Why are the average player not allowed to get into pvp-action? 

If I go to ANY other multiplayer game, I can get into pvp battle within 5 min of gameplay. Here it will take me a week or two. Well, I wont becouse I cannot afford to loose a single ship. It seems like this game is being developed by a closed club of hard core gamers...

An every patch is making things harder and harder. Its crazy.

Of my time pvp was the high end in mmo game, so i'm not born in moba and arena game generation, so all is fine for me. In a mmo, you must work to pvp, it's my conception of this kind of game. It's not like a quick action game... 

Edited by charognard666
  • Like 1

Yo DEVS, you gonna post patch notes anymore to tell us what you changed or do you just not care anymore?

You want us to test the game, tell us what you changed so we can test it. Its that simple. Even if its a server update or what ever, or a spelling fix on some text area, or a color pallet change from blue to an ever so slightly darker blue, tell us so we don't have keep scrambling and guessing on what the heck changed.

This is how rumors start.

• Like 2

On 2017-6-6 at 4:57 PM, Elbizor said:

...and when you don't its next to useless, you end up on a 3rd party map using f11

there is no radar in OW, its more like  a gps. There is, however, plenty of radar in battle instances. Did you mean that?

Yes, i meant no 'gps'. Yes, when you don't know your current position, you have to discover where you are, using land masses/towns. It's one of the things i love about this game.

And no, i don't use F11 for getting my position, it isn't really meant for that.

53 minutes ago, fox2run said:

You can get to pvp combat in 3 mins in Naval action with some preparation.

Preparation 1 step

• Open outpost in La tortue - will take from 15 mins to 3 hours depending on your starting nation.

PvP in 3 minutes  2-steps

1. Exit la tortue
  2. Sail to Mortimer town
  3. PVP in 3-5 mins depending on wind 

Basically

Just like in eve you can find combat fast if you know where to look. Like in even you only fly/sail ships you can afford to lose. Maybe you are the NA Legends guy. Not the hardcore war-game guy. And we got you covered. Arena games will solve your troubles.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, greybuscat said:

Maybe this is a problem of expectations, but I really liked how all of the hotfixes for 10.0 had notes and don't like how none of the hotfixes for 10.1 have them.

Hell even if it's just:  Patchnotes - Tweeked some data and fine tune prices is better than nothing at all.....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Hell even if it's just:  Patchnotes - Tweeked some data and fine tune prices is better than nothing at all.....

There are no patch notes if there is nothing significant.

1 minute ago, admin said:

Preparation 1 step

• Open outpost in La tortue - will take from 15 mins to 3 hours depending on your starting nation.

1. Exit la tortue
  2. Sail to Mortimer town

PVP guaranteed.

Basically

Just like in eve you can find combat fast if you know where to look. Like in even you only fly/sail ships you can afford to lose. You are the NA Legends guy. Not the hardcore war-game guy.

LOL they might not like the PvP they get and be short a ship, but hay they got it.  Since patch I lost all my ships in this regions.  Around La Tort and in the Mort region. I have yet to loose out side.  TO be honest I think it's more dangerous around ones capital than it is if you go out there hunting at some one else.  

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Preparation 1 step

1. Exit la tortue
  2. Sail to Mortimer town

Basically

Just like in eve you can find combat fast if you know where to look. Like in even you only fly/sail ships you can afford to lose. You are the NA Legends guy. Not the hardcore war-game guy.

Please fix signaling fast so we actually can fight around Capitals again.

Just now, admin said:

There are no patch notes if there is nothing significant.

Really I would say droping CM from 3 to 1 in some areas kinda significant.  Though I agree this is prob a smart thing to do, but I'm all ready hearing folks bitching about it.  I'm not as spoiled as them and happy with the 2 a day I get (from two regions).  To many folks are greedy.  Now if I can just have some BP's to spend them on instead of having to bribe some national or alt to get them for me.  Like some nice 4th-6th rates the nats don't have....cause I'm a Pirate...that would be nice...hint hint hint.    So did ya'll change some of the CM pay out for some regions?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, admin said:

Preparation 1 step

1. Exit la tortue
  2. Sail to Mortimer town

Basically

Just like in eve you can find combat fast if you know where to look. Like in even you only fly/sail ships you can afford to lose. Maybe you are the NA Legends guy. Not the hardcore war-game guy. And we got you covered. Arena games will solve your troubles.

Admin - why dont you read what I write and take some notice?

On the pvp server we had a lots of fun and great multiplayer battles ALL OVER the map in feb-march 2016. It was really a living game! The best I have ever played. Now it seems dull in comparison. How come you changed this? I dont understand it.... 

I have spent a week and all i have seen is one pvp battle where i lost my only trading ship - now i have to grind pve ships in order to afford a workshop to equip my frigate with guns - i need to collect 150.000 gold in a surp plus expenses to materials to open this workshop. Its around 200.000 gold.... It will take me another week... Thats two weeks to get a frigate class ship going. Yes, I can sail to Mortimer town - but that would be suicide. I liked the days where a lot of battles occured and the loss of a ship didnt mean weeks of grinding. 

But Im also a solo player and dont like to sit in hours in front of a mic heering teen-talk. My kind of players are the MAJORITY in here - but you do nothing for us at all... Sry to say.

• Like 5