Game-Labs Forum

Starting Ships after wipe...

Perhaps I have missed it in the forums or the Devs may even be keeping it a secret----- However, I thought I would ask if anyone has heard what 4 ships they will start us off with after the wipe? Just asking so that I can wrap my mind around how I will set them up and use them.

(In case a Dev is reading this) I was just wondering if those brilliant, generous, good looking and incredibly talented Devs were going to give out any Santa C's to nice, helpful and complimentary players/testors like myself....lol. (just kidding) But I would like an answer to the question above if possible. (P.S....not really joking about the Santa C) Please....... I can send cookies!

Edited by Guest

I would be interested in finding out as well. I assume already that we will not be getting the cannons for them which I am absolutely okay with. Keep the ships on the shelf till I need them for an important battle in the upcoming early days of the wipe. 

Also I would like to know about the status of the Wappen. I miss it. Dearly. 

f252c.png.13df70b74652fa42e5f13d827ce8333a.png

• Like 8

From all I seen is it's 4 ships and one might be a trader.

Now are they going to give us enough gold to buy the cannons (from the shop) until we can get all the stuff to put up a workshop cause no one will be making any cannons straight off cause it takes stone blocks and oaks to open it.

Hmmmm... would rather have a rattlesnake instead of a privateer :)

The other ships seem a good idea, surprise for sure, indefatigable is a nice ship too.

Trader snow would be a good idea cause most likely the shops will be empty of traders otherwise.

1 minute ago, Siegfried said:

Cutter, cerberus, belle poule and a trader snow?

Hmmm... if you can have a basic cutter there's not much use for a cutter. And you kinda need a hunting ship, and neither the cerberus or the belle poule have chasers. Or maybe you would intentionaly want no hunting ships?

Just now, The Red Duke said:

( Basic Cutter ) + Trader Brig, Pickle, Niagara, Cerberus

I wouldn't go to small cause remember a lot of players are maxed out and aren't going to like the big grind to get back into mid tier game.   I think the list admin put up would be good.

Privateer -  is a good starter shallows ship to move into for the guys that might not redeem there marks and good shallow water hunter of traders.

Suprise - For the solo hunters this would be something fast enough to hunt down traders or escape if need be.

indefatigable - Remember this takes a permit, but getting one mid tier permit ship isn't bad for a restart. It's big enough to do some decent grind in and can brawl fairly well in a group to support it (cause it turns like a brick).

trader snow good starter trader for the shallows and short port to port runs until something bigger made/captured.

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Or perhaps, a nice Hermione (the french one) for testing.

I would say a certain other version of it but hay I'll go with this too.   I mean it's only a one dura ship, that the worse we all get sunk lol

Oh and remember every one that has the yacht still gets that along with our trusty basic cutter.

Totally fine with anything.

My suggestion came in line with captains simply not sailing what they can't afford to lose, a good bang for the buck, which seems to be quite "suicidal" if we take from too many "everything is expensive and I just lost my ship !!!! "

Pickle - best OW travel choice by far. Ideal for early OW long sails to open outpost on far side of the world.

T.Brig - well, the workhorse for early trade.

Niagara - has the most awesome bang for the buck once over rank 4.

Cerberus - the very first true light frigate / corvette.

Privateer, Surprise, Traders Snow and Indefatigable sounds good to me. But please don't make the Surprise Fir or something, lol
First thought maybe the Indefatigable should be upgraded to something heavier, but then again it will be widely used in PBs, which is not the point of the redeemable ships I guess.

• Like 1

Something to start with but something from which you definitely want to upgrade...

Basic Cutter +

Brig, Cerberus, Frigate, Endymion

...  If with a trader, then...

Trader Cutter, Brig, Cerberus and Endymion

Edited by Cmdr RideZ
  • Like 1