Game-Labs Forum

Testbed: Content patch - 9.98 deployed

admin

What about simplifying the marks, for example have 100 marks of honour equal 1 mark of courage to earn trade notes for the various items. Also the PvP marks could have a different name for that side. Consider leaving materials a resource developed item such copper, silver and gold coins and concentrate marks on modules (upgrades) and ship bps. Say 100 marks of honour or 1 mark of courage for a Bellona BP. One could buy the 1 mark badge of courage for 100 mark of honour or trade it in. That way high end items costing more can be bought for marks of courage for example. 

I like the three deck in battle ship damaged indicator but I would imagine it will make things more complicated for canon ball to ship damage calculations. Not sure how that will work out. 

O also don't get the relationship between the Admiralty menu and the marks, trading, etc. Can that be explained with hover menus while in port?

And will crafter level transfer to the new system. 

I'll check the testbed out more but I like allot of these add ons. 

Another after thought, what about creating a Clan Dock in the Clan Ware house, you have skins and marks just add dock(s) with up to say 20-30 slips or spaces for holding ships. 

Edited by Buba Smith
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Buba Smith said:

What about simplifying the marks, for example have 100 marks of honour equal 1 mark of courage to earn trade notes for the various items. Also the PvP marks could have a different name for that side. Consider leaving materials a resource developed item such copper, silver and gold coins and concentrate marks on modules (upgrades) and ship bps. Say 100 marks of honour or 1 mark of courage for a Bellona BP. One could buy the 1 mark badge of courage for 100 mark of honour or trade it in. That way high end items costing more can be bought for marks of courage for example. 

I like the three deck in battle ship damaged indicator but I would imagine it will make things more complicated for canon ball to ship damage calculations. Not sure how that will work out. 

O also don't get the relationship between the Admiralty menu and the marks, trading, etc. Can that be explained with hover menus while in port?

And will crafter level transfer to the new system. 

I'll check the testbed out more but I like allot of these add ons. 

Another after thought, what about creating a Clan Dock in the Clan Ware house, you have skins and marks just add dock(s) with up to say 20-30 slips or spaces for holding ships. 

With the 1 dura thing we really need if not just as a clan, but players should get dry docks to keep extra ships at.  Though what I think would be a good way to fix the problem of dock space is allow us to make ships into notes.  Than you can open that note in port (only the port is was crafted in) to get the ship or maybe it can only be open in your capital.   That will allow us to store a few extra ships as notes until we need them since we are limited on our dock space if we are going to not have the same options to change our ship builds like we had with mods currently. 

• Like 2

well never minds what's going to be implemented in the game

what i do know is that we need a good economic trade system, and because this is a game, we also need a result page for the character we play

otherwise, it's more like a shooter than a game where trade is also a important part of the game 

the era needs a base where it all starts, and for that time, it was trade, and do business 

a lot seems to forget that part too often

one dura or 5 is not important, build ships is not important, you have to build and you will be captured/sink some time, so whats the point..

we actually need trade...as the most important feature, pve/pvp is not that important for doing missions/battle/events and casual battle, and pb or hunting ships

the reason where you do it for, that's the mean goal for this game 

to many people make a big fuss over little things 

i would rather see the big picture, for me to survive as a player to have fun in the long turn, where pirate hunting and capture/sink ships is the main goal to capture business territory, to do bussiness

but that means we need a good economic system.

and its not the system we have now, therefore i say we need to focus more on that, than over fighting over 1 or 5 dura..thats way to much time over actually nothing..

we as a community needs to do/get our Q and A department wright. because i see to much time lost over little things..

remember:  i am not a pve player but more a pvp player, and here you see the interaction. (just saying)

pve / pvp put them togheter and you have yourself a game .

ps the only good thread i see is the shipyard thread those guys over there are doing a great job, chapeau 

o7

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

Would it not make sense to implement the structural damage and admiralty store on the main servers before the ship wipe?  With people willing to burn through ships this would be a great time to test the new damage model with a larger player base?  There's just no need to wait to move these changes all at once in some massive patch in the future, especially with the mass exodus of the last few days... Give us something to chew on while we wait.

Patch early, patch often, communicate == Successful software development...

I agree it would give us something to do while we wait for the new testbed update and than patch after that.  Many folks are all ready saying they prob take a break until the patch.  This happen last time we had a big one.  They say it will be out in a week or two, than take over a month to bring it out when they could of released part of them and not take for ever.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2017 at 0:56 PM, Wesreidau said:

They could put in the changes now and let us shoot up our existing ships while testing structure damage.

That and the new fleet stuff would be nice cause I got a bunch of crap spread all over the place I would like to move back to one area to be ready for the wipe/merge stuff.   That and let us test the new stuff while we wait for the patch and than they can get the new patch into testbed for testing too.

• Like 4

On 22.02.2017 at 0:37 AM, Intrepido said:

Admiralty store prices are a bit high. I would decrease price of some items by 20-25%.

ignore prices (yet) - they are for testing the systems. They don't represent the real potential prices.

On 10.03.2017 at 9:51 PM, Wesreidau said:

So @admin when is this going live?

no idea.. still some things are not finished - and will first be deployed to Testbed.

The next testbed patch is probably next week (optimistic) or in a week (pessimistic)

9 minutes ago, admin said:

no idea.. still some things are not finished - and will first be deployed to Testbed.

The next testbed patch is probably next week (optimistic) or in a week (pessimistic)

I think folks are wondering if the some of the current stuff can be pushed out like the Pirate vs Pirate and maybe the new ship structure stuff.  To give us something to do until the new stuff for this next patch comes.

18 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I agree with Sir Texas Sir.

Im getting a bit bored without something new to test. I cant imagine you dont have something ready for deployment.

Yah these patches keep getting push back more and more.  We where suppose to have a patch by now and than a hotfix but it seem to all got put on the back burner cause this BIG NEW PATCH.  Well than release some of the stuff that is done while we wait it's been freaking over 3 months since the last patch and now we are prob going have to wait another month or two....cause lets be honest with your track records Devs when you said 2-4 weeks that toe me was more like 4-8 weeks.

imho u need to get rid of this testemptybed server (useless moneysink) and push ur patch directly on the live server, this is alpha early acces after all.

this will speed up development quite a bit and with the remove of PvE server and testbed server u will get some money back easily

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, elite92 said:

imho u need to get rid of this testemptybed server (useless moneysink) and push ur patch directly on the live server, this is alpha early acces after all.

this will speed up development quite a bit and with the remove of PvE server and testbed server u will get some money back easily

They can't. They need at least 2 months per good patch. Having extra test server takes care of that extra time needed. Not only that whatever they put on test bed only makes a small group of testers angry and not the whole live server who quits and comes back after every Admin post.

Devs are not afraid to test things, but it hurts them badly when players from live servers spread chaos and write bad reviews. So, to make life easier for them and wait time longer for us they added an extra test server.

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 4

I was thinking it would be cool if we got some of the reward stuff like the marks too.  Maybe nothing int eh admiraltity store that we can keep, but if we can star collecting the marks we can use them as soon as the ship wipe patch goes live.  Just some more thing on current test server that would be nice if a patch was released of those things instead of waithign for the ship wipe patch to come out a month from now.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I was thinking it would be cool if we got some of the reward stuff like the marks too.  Maybe nothing int eh admiraltity store that we can keep, but if we can star collecting the marks we can use them as soon as the ship wipe patch goes live.  Just some more thing on current test server that would be nice if a patch was released of those things instead of waithign for the ship wipe patch to come out a month from now.

At the moment will we get anything at all for the test bed work or not?

Some testbed problem :

- Fleet hold invisible in open sea
- Fleet hold not written in port, you have to manual calculate it to see how many cargo you have
- Sinking a fleet in open sea don't give you the choice to pickup his cargo before you sink it.
- 3 fleet is too much if you can have 3 warships. Imagien a surprise +3 surprise or an endemyon with 3 surprise or 4 renomme etc etc.

You should make it more costy in perk point or divise it like that :

Perk 1 : 1 point Trading ships

Perk 2 : 2 Points Trading ships

Perk 3 : 6 Points: Trading or war ships

=> It would force the ones wanted to have a war ship with them to focus all the perk on it. A trader will aford it and get hold optimisation to trade. The ones loving to gank with fleet will spend many point on it jut to get one warships with them.

- PvP and Pve event loots are wrong. You get same stuff to finish 1 or >10
- Conquest seems bugged. You probably have change the things to allow quick time to get pb but there is several region on 100% hostility without PB to be shedulded
- There is no ressources neither materials in port to sall. Is it normal? With an hard wipe it may be hard

- We can't vote in politic
- Figurehead are not figurehead but perma fit. I thought fit will be removed? It would be important to got a description of the stuff before bying it
- Delivries order should reward trading manifest and it doesn't

Edited by PIerrick de Badas

43 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Will they even be of use after the patch since we won't have mods any more.

They will surely give different loots, like admiralty marks and ship chest, paints, ship note-BP, etc.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jean Ribault said:

They were useful for labor contracts at least.

We been burning through labor contracts like crazy with the guys that are level 50 making them to give to any one that needs to level up there crafting.  Might as well take this next few weeks to do that and rank up any one in your clan or nation before the patch.  Who knows how hard it will be on the new system.  I still have a have a handful of bottles I"ll prob go collect in the next few weeks too.