Game-Labs Forum

About the alliances we are screw...

Brits/dutch/us lost 75% of their PB. Hopfully for them they are mostly attacking so they lost norhting. Their number is their defense against offenders that can't reach their port. We will see tomorrow on castrie but i suspect withotu cristal ball that no offender will be able to join the pb.

Swe/Dans/FR/Spain: They have the skills but not the number. So they can defend their port but just going outside their port but they can't attack. Leaving the alliance would just be suicide as they need others nation to field their fleet in pb.

Plerrick, the pirates and the Brits are the only ones with big numbers right now. The US has one of the smallest player bases (I think there are more US based players playing British actually) and at least 80% of the veteran US players aren't playing very often anymore, and when we do we just hunt other players and haven't bothered with a PB in months, mostly due to 2 year burnout, nothing to do with any mechanic.

So all these dreadful PBs on the part of the US is the newer players and the clans that have came over from the other servers. I remember a big talking clan came over awhile back and they refused to work with the rest of the nation and were going to 'take over the whole gulf' lol, they got their asses handed to them by the Spanish (who at that time were the worst at PVP) and disappeared, probably back to the other server (do you remember what was their name was Johny?)

Anyway with land in the PBs in need of testing (and finally not shooting towers like we have been doing since 2014) we hope to get involved more. 

I wouldn't expect any huge increase in player base until full release though. 

Edited by NorthernWolves
  • Like 1

The problem that pvp eu1 is a few months away from is that nations have reached there max size because they are surrounded by allies. On our server we are waiting for someone inside the Spanish/Danes/sweeds/French to break away and go after the golf of Mexico. Until this happens the brits are in holding patterns, the Dutch are on a fighting retreat, the USA is asleep.

The server wide problem is that the ports in the golf of Mexico hold no value!!! Take away labour contract generation and stick it there or put a new gold or silver or cedarwood production there.  That area atm is totally waisted map! 

Please return war to the servers let us test the port battles. Let ports change hands!!!

But hey what do I know these r only my views and r not the views of the British overlords!

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2016 at 11:45 AM, Hodo said:

Well it does say Pirates are hard mode.

I kinda like the fact it's suppose to be hard mode and we get no official alliance, verbal ones between clans work great for screening. I can even get if all nations join to fight us if we are a big threat (like when we brough US to 11 ports and Brits to 1 on PvP2), but we shouldn't be the only one they fight. If we aren't a threat they should be fighting each other not making stupid super alliances and going to war with small dead nations so they don't have to go to war with each other.

On 12/23/2016 at 7:34 AM, tonyxyx said:

If pirates are allowed to conquest/lose ports they should also be allowed to have allies like other nations or have some mechanics to replace it.

Folks keep forgetting the Pirate Republic thing the devs very much have said that last about 12 years.  That and I all ways just see it as testing the National system until the Pirate Mechanics can be released and we are actually not just another nation.  I'm really hope they drop conquest from pirates and let us just raid with perm ports/regions.

On 12/24/2016 at 6:13 AM, Chimera said:

i dont mind benefits like "+15% to gained XP" for new players or a redeemable ship or something along those lines to encourage new players to select smaller nations.

Any mechanic that takes elements of the game away from other nations - and i include alliances in that - is not a good mechanic in my opinion. enforcing mechanics like that dont work in the concept of an open world sandbox game

POTBS did something like this.  Gave incentive to join low pop/loosing nations after a port battle cycle.  I liked how MWO does it for the Mercs. If we join a high pop clan we get a reduce rewards.  The mid range is base line, but if we join a weaker clan we get a bonus to the rewards.  Low pop nations can easily get an xp/credit boost to help new players in those nations.  The problem is once you cap there really isn't much right now for those xp/credits cause every one at that level is sitting on millions right now.

On 12/24/2016 at 6:18 AM, monk33y said:

I'd love to see certain upgrades only available (crafting)  from certain ports.

Marines from morrant etc

Sword fighting handbooks from grand turk.

Etc etc means u have to move around to capture key areas or smuggle mods out etc. Pirates should be unique for boarding or ship speed etc

And with the alliance system the way it is they don't have to fight to get it.  Just get buddy buddy with that nation and you can use there ports.  I think there should still be a limit on things like crafting your ships and such should still be limited to only ports your nation owns.  This will give incentive to help the other nation control certain regions or to break alliance so you can have a region to craft in that they have.   Keep it where you can use buildings in friendly ports but make it where you can't craft the ships except in your own nation ports.

On 12/24/2016 at 3:37 PM, Otto Kohl said:

Pirates can't attack each other ;).

Kinda miss those days, really wish they make it like clan vs clan vs outlaws soon.  Some other pirates we wouldn't mind sinking for ya'll.  This also allows us to work as Privateers for some nations and that will allow us to drop out of the conquest stuff, but we need raid system for sure.

On 12/24/2016 at 9:22 PM, Mrdoomed said:

Small nations died when they allowed no cooldown teleports.  25 players can control a map.

We been getting some long time Nats switching over to BLACK lately.  It has blown there minds when they find out we where not joking when we said it was only 15-20 players with about 10-15 on at a time that took the two nations down.   They just never understood why we where all over the place.  A lot of alts and a lot of dual boxing all at once.  They still think Pirates is the largest nation on PvP2 cause of that.  Silly Nats have no clue and we aren't at the numbers we use to be.  Barely 5-10 on at any good night in the clan.    Hay and heard you been spotted on PvP1...don't do it man...don't do it....lol

On 12/26/2016 at 0:51 PM, Neverdead Ned said:

Some things to improve the game,

1. You should never be able to have more than one alliance at a time.

2.  Make a longer cooling off period after an alliance expires.

3.  Every 2 months do a port reset.

4.  Offer nation specific incentives to attract people to the smaller nations (ie. a nation specific ship BP that can only be sailed by people of that faction or an awesome nation specific perk)

5.  Scale the hostility needed to generate a PB proportional to the faction population doing the grind.

1. I don't mind more than one alliance if it actually helped out the small nation, but on PvP2 they don't do that and they never get a chance to grow.  The second nation should all ways be a lesser one not top three nations.

2. I liked the one week that the alliance was broke, the fights where more fair and equal numbers.  It's not our fault the biggest nations are filled with carebears and not as many PvPers.   

3&4.  POTBS had set resets when you hit a certain goal.  I think either timed ones or something like when one nation gets 75% of the regions owned regions they need to be reset.  There is no current total conquest system in game and you can't capture a nation and force an alliance with them so any nation brought down to one or two regions with no alliance to help them will never get back on there feet.

5.  Could be exploited, but they do need to fix the port battle timers so US players can have port battles on there prime times.  We have an event during the times we use to have Port battles, but we can't have any port battles now.  There should never be any port battles during time servers should/could be down for maintance/updates either.  Just slide this window over 2-4 hours and it will fix that.  More chances for prime time fights means more players to be on and want to fight.  This goes for both servers not just PvP2.   The complaint about night flips can be solved if you allow folks to do those battles when they have the most players on to defend the off hours.  Right now it's a very odd time when most are at work in US so you can't even get your AUS/SEA/US players on either server to protect those ports during off times.

5 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Im not a national but I think the player driven alliances seemed better than the coded ones. 

I'm probably wrong though.

And many pirates play this way, but many don't until we have proper mechanics.  My whole clan still does the RvR thing cause we don't have our own mechanics.  Until than we will play as the Pirate Republic.  We have had a long standing alliances with the Danes on PvP2.  Over 6 months now we have had a verbal agreement to help each other out.  Longest standing alliance in the game as far as I know on PvP2 and it still stands firm.

On 12/28/2016 at 11:15 AM, monk33y said:

The problem that pvp eu1 is a few months away from is that nations have reached there max size because they are surrounded by allies. On our server we are waiting for someone inside the Spanish/Danes/sweeds/French to break away and go after the golf of Mexico. Until this happens the brits are in holding patterns, the Dutch are on a fighting retreat, the USA is asleep.

The server wide problem is that the ports in the golf of Mexico hold no value!!! Take away labour contract generation and stick it there or put a new gold or silver or cedarwood production there.  That area atm is totally waisted map! 

Please return war to the servers let us test the port battles. Let ports change hands!!!

But hey what do I know these r only my views and r not the views of the British overlords!

Spanish took a lot of gold from the Mexico.   I never understood why where wasn't any gold/silver ports over there or other things.  It's the same on PvP2 that the US has all that area that isn't being used and they still complain when you try to take one port back from them so you can do some econ or something.  Though really have no clue why they just crushed France and there two regions they had in Spain (LA and Texas) all cause of a stupid few swedes that forced an alliance with France few players (prob alts involved).  It's funny Pirates own three regions right now and we are hard press to hold those, but the US/Brits/Dutch alliance seems to be only to keep us from fighting them.  I would think the Brits and Dutch would be more worried about the US that owns almost all the map.   One day they will get a bit greedy and want there ports too.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

The British seem to have developed this mentally that they are the server fun police! As an ex flyer of the black flag I am at a total loss to why the British would rather allow pirate ports to fall into the other alliances hands, instead of taking them for the mighty British empire! 

The amount of times I see in nation (British) chat and hear in ts the comments, "we don't want to expand to much as it's not fun on the other alliance to loose!"

It honestly feels to me (my opinion) that the British still think of the pirates as this steamroller of a few months back! The pirates of new seem to be struggling (it hasn't helped that clans and players has rerolled)

Iv always said who's the brains behind taking ports off pirates who can field 35 players to a pb BUT instead we have to fight the Danes/sweeds/Spain/frog alliance who can field 50+ players to a portbattle!!!!

Afterall I do not have the authority to speak about any aspect of the game as iv not been given the right too by my overlords!

To answer tex, I agree totally about Mexico. Why doesn't two or three ports in the golf of Mexico offer cheap as chips crew replenishment!!! Then nations that are involved in wars would have a reason to conquest there!

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Amonacc said:

No matter what ratio up to 1:1, screening isn't proper game mechanic because it's goal isn't battle. It's goal is attack to avoid battle - griefing in law.

When a screening fleet meets enemy ships (such as a PB fleet), what do you think occurs?

Do they sit down and play tiddlywinks?

No, they fight each other----this is a battle, isn't it?

I have been involved in screening actions outside port battles that resulted in 2, 3 even 5 battles within a span of 2 hours.

Edited by Chijohnaok

4 hours ago, Amonacc said:

Well, you lucky then. Because every time I was involved into PB-action during flag-mechanic our fleet doesn't met equal resistance. Every time it was trolling pack on enemies renome, trincomalee etc who wanna waste hour of gameplay just to prevent PB happen. It never was battle, just kidding and inbattle timer renewal..

Legal tactic.

Love danes ( i mean russian ) tears on the forums.

Adapt and play on.

Btw i too think that screening need a bit fixing ( like undocking from attacked port in waves ) but all what you are doing here is cry and whine.

Naval Action is supposed to be open world, mmo, sandbox focusing mostly on pvp.

With that in mind you should be able to understand that having bigger numbers gives adventage. There is NO BALANCE in sandbox games. Otherwise they are no longer sandbox and open world.

All you want is "balanced" "arena" fight that is sadly not going to happen besides large / small battles. Or if devs decide move towards such game i`ll gladly put negative review on steam about broking promises like open world sandbox mmo.

Most of your problems lay (lie?) in a low population in game. With 2-3k players on one server there would be no problems with rising hostility, screening, full pbs, and small/large battles.

Edited by Leku
didnt use proper word before i think :P
  • Like 3

Monkey; if you are so unhappy with playing for the British empire and you hate or leadership and you despise every decision we as a community take and everything you hear in nation char goes against what your believes are... Why don't you just join another nation then?

• Like 3

For every gain there is a loss. One solution breeds one problem. We have to decide on which is more important. Right now alliances have some negatives... they can be large, making a smaller alliance work harder to maintain what they have and.... they give a much broader reach to a small underpopulated nation but when we didn't have alliances, players were frustrated. We had to make our own and we did with or without the mechanic making the game feel incomplete. If the players are gonna do it anyway then the game should develop a place for it otherwise players are left frustrated because friends are still enemies by the game.

The alliances also brought content. Greater organizational skills and group planning. The sharing of resources and time management. That stuff may not be as fun as the basic fight but it does bring depth to the game. I think it has been a great addition to the game and its inclusion makes all the sense in the world.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Amonacc said:

Stfu little moron. Did I say something personal or offensive? Or something about sick shitface russophobe? At least danes show some respect to others by national or another language speakers, despite everywhere around is lot of chovinists like you. Don't know from where you are, but seems that pleace have lack of civilization.

I strongly suggest you to take your own advice.

Did i say something personal?
Or maybe you dont like fact that everywhere on forum i see danes ( russian speaking ) players mostly crying about zerging etc etc?
It`s you, klooth, templarcrusader, babay and few others. Am i offensive for telling truth?
I just found it funny that small bunch of players that accidentaly happen to be from one country try to change sandbox open world mmo to some kind of lobby multiplayer game.

Thats all.

I show respect towards people that deserve it.

Considering what danes did since port reset i lost all respect to your nation and players.

Now i`ll just enjoy how you`ll cry about things being broken ( when you are the ones that abused broken mechanics and "discover" new bugs & broken mechanics and are a main reason of rvr players drop on both sides, but mostly yours ) you hypocrites!

Cheers o7

2 hours ago, Aegir said:

Kinda ironic that that's the very same excuse that justified logging in to counter screening. ^_^

I`m not going to argue with you about obvious things.

Edited by Leku

On 12/28/2016 at 1:24 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I kinda like the fact it's suppose to be hard mode and we get no official alliance, verbal ones between clans work great for screening. I can even get if all nations join to fight us if we are a big threat (like when we brough US to 11 ports and Brits to 1 on PvP2), but we shouldn't be the only one they fight. If we aren't a threat they should be fighting each other not making stupid super alliances and going to war with small dead nations so they don't have to go to war with each other.

Folks keep forgetting the Pirate Republic thing the devs very much have said that last about 12 years.  That and I all ways just see it as testing the National system until the Pirate Mechanics can be released and we are actually not just another nation.  I'm really hope they drop conquest from pirates and let us just raid with perm ports/regions.

POTBS did something like this.  Gave incentive to join low pop/loosing nations after a port battle cycle.  I liked how MWO does it for the Mercs. If we join a high pop clan we get a reduce rewards.  The mid range is base line, but if we join a weaker clan we get a bonus to the rewards.  Low pop nations can easily get an xp/credit boost to help new players in those nations.  The problem is once you cap there really isn't much right now for those xp/credits cause every one at that level is sitting on millions right now.

And with the alliance system the way it is they don't have to fight to get it.  Just get buddy buddy with that nation and you can use there ports.  I think there should still be a limit on things like crafting your ships and such should still be limited to only ports your nation owns.  This will give incentive to help the other nation control certain regions or to break alliance so you can have a region to craft in that they have.   Keep it where you can use buildings in friendly ports but make it where you can't craft the ships except in your own nation ports.

Kinda miss those days, really wish they make it like clan vs clan vs outlaws soon.  Some other pirates we wouldn't mind sinking for ya'll.  This also allows us to work as Privateers for some nations and that will allow us to drop out of the conquest stuff, but we need raid system for sure.

We been getting some long time Nats switching over to BLACK lately.  It has blown there minds when they find out we where not joking when we said it was only 15-20 players with about 10-15 on at a time that took the two nations down.   They just never understood why we where all over the place.  A lot of alts and a lot of dual boxing all at once.  They still think Pirates is the largest nation on PvP2 cause of that.  Silly Nats have no clue and we aren't at the numbers we use to be.  Barely 5-10 on at any good night in the clan.    Hay and heard you been spotted on PvP1...don't do it man...don't do it....lol

1. I don't mind more than one alliance if it actually helped out the small nation, but on PvP2 they don't do that and they never get a chance to grow.  The second nation should all ways be a lesser one not top three nations.

2. I liked the one week that the alliance was broke, the fights where more fair and equal numbers.  It's not our fault the biggest nations are filled with carebears and not as many PvPers.   

3&4.  POTBS had set resets when you hit a certain goal.  I think either timed ones or something like when one nation gets 75% of the regions owned regions they need to be reset.  There is no current total conquest system in game and you can't capture a nation and force an alliance with them so any nation brought down to one or two regions with no alliance to help them will never get back on there feet.

5.  Could be exploited, but they do need to fix the port battle timers so US players can have port battles on there prime times.  We have an event during the times we use to have Port battles, but we can't have any port battles now.  There should never be any port battles during time servers should/could be down for maintance/updates either.  Just slide this window over 2-4 hours and it will fix that.  More chances for prime time fights means more players to be on and want to fight.  This goes for both servers not just PvP2.   The complaint about night flips can be solved if you allow folks to do those battles when they have the most players on to defend the off hours.  Right now it's a very odd time when most are at work in US so you can't even get your AUS/SEA/US players on either server to protect those ports during off times.

And many pirates play this way, but many don't until we have proper mechanics.  My whole clan still does the RvR thing cause we don't have our own mechanics.  Until than we will play as the Pirate Republic.  We have had a long standing alliances with the Danes on PvP2.  Over 6 months now we have had a verbal agreement to help each other out.  Longest standing alliance in the game as far as I know on PvP2 and it still stands firm.

No sir. No pvp1 for me. Been there done that. I dont like the shit lag and dont care for the crowd much either.

Unfortunately naval action no longer wants players like me and all my friends. We are now playing a game we was playing before NA ( pre bullshit ) stole our hearts.

Best of luck to you and BLACK though.  We rarely saw eye to eye on how to play our faction but at least yall PLAYED like men !

Hope some day they change back to a good game anf all of us will come back.

4 hours ago, Mrdoomed said:

No sir. No pvp1 for me. Been there done that. I dont like the shit lag and dont care for the crowd much either.

Unfortunately naval action no longer wants players like me and all my friends. We are now playing a game we was playing before NA ( pre bullshit ) stole our hearts.

Best of luck to you and BLACK though.  We rarely saw eye to eye on how to play our faction but at least yall PLAYED like men !

Hope some day they change back to a good game anf all of us will come back.

Yah some one said they saw you over there is only why I asked.  you should come back and be a pain in the side for the dirty Nats....lol.  Just take you time.  I'm sure we will cross paths again.

• Like 1

since danes , spnaish and swedes have decided to attack during a truce they wanted  the smallest nation in player  population,  outside that nations timezone and when they are not allied . ..these nations have lost any high ground they may have had  or sympathy .. ..

Edited by Grundgemunkey
  • Like 1

Morale high ground is something the Danish/Swedish/Spanish/French alliance can't claim since at the very least the intensive 'testing' of the last three months. You call em what you want but I have seen an entire clan leave the game as their port and clan warehouse got lost twice in a row (after moving it again) to a hostility bomb and pre port battle logout. Thanks for kicking these guys out of the game.

If you want an arena game - this is the wrong place. Play World of Tanks or sth like that and leave us be with your incessant whining.

26 minutes ago, monk33y said:

All the brits, Dutch, and usa need to do is attack on mass as a nation drops out of the alliance system to proove a point!

We know that. For obvious reasons we haven't done that. We could attack all French regions or all Danish regions at once. Even could do it at 4am in the morning. 

But we haven't done it cause obviously it would have hurt the game. 

What at I find especially distasteful is that Sweden, a group of people that have switched sides to "balance things out" if you want to trust their reasoning, now picks on the smallest population nation during the week they fall out of alliance. 

I personally would have thought higher of you :-(

Edited by Chimera

Shock horror mabey they have done it to ballance this ridiculous numbers game we have from the alliances. 

Since when is using everything at your disposal to help influence the outcome of a battle any different from us brits using our much greater numbers to screen port battles!!!

You can't have a game where the entire server only plays within the rules set out by the British nation!!! Surly their actions now enable a greater period of no holds bar war!!!

• Like 1

I'm gutted iv missed out on this. I would have loved to seen the epic screening action from my fellow brits and Dutch allies as wave after wave of the other alliance fell upon American ports. It would have been great fun!

As our allies have been struckdown while they are outside of the alliance system does this mean my fellow brits and Dutch players are actively fighting side by side to give our American friends a helping hand?

25 minutes ago, monk33y said:

Shock horror mabey they have done it to ballance this ridiculous numbers game we have from the alliances. 

Since when is using everything at your disposal to help influence the outcome of a battle any different from us brits using our much greater numbers to screen port battles!!!

You can't have a game where the entire server only plays within the rules set out by the British nation!!! Surly their actions now enable a greater period of no holds bar war!!!

16 minutes ago, monk33y said:

I'm gutted iv missed out on this. I would have loved to seen the epic screening action from my fellow brits and Dutch allies as wave after wave of the other alliance fell upon American ports. It would have been great fun!

As our allies have been struckdown while they are outside of the alliance system does this mean my fellow brits and Dutch players are actively fighting side by side to give our American friends a helping hand?

This guys gets it :)

Monk33y wins the game!

(Except the bit about the no holds bar war. The numbers game: Definitly. Player attrition has been a Brits advantage for it seems forever.)

Edited by Kloothommel

I'm personaly very glad that the age of the gentlemans agreement for non aggression has come crashing down! I love a good fight (shame I get less time to play at the moment)  but I can't wait to see the red tide slowly March across the map! 

War is not fair so neither side should complain when it looses.