Game-Labs Forum

Easy to tell others to "stand down" and "be patient' when you already have access. Most of the folks I see or read comments from here just like to be able to express their excitement. It actually does make them feel better to be able to do that and gives a small sense of involvement with that process and thus making the wait more tolerable.

Aye thats the feeling I get from time to time. Its also annoying when some of the vets tell us about "priority list" and how our suggestions should not be bothered with. I'm sure players are well aware of the small development team and factor it into account when making such a thread. No need to shoot it down immediately due to priority concerns, were just thinking about the future gameplay after all. <_<

• Like 2

Easy to tell others to "stand down" and "be patient' when you already have access. Most of the folks I see or read comments from here just like to be able to express their excitement. It actually does make them feel better to be able to do that and gives a small sense of involvement with that process and thus making the wait more tolerable.

Sorry. I did not mean any offence. I was simply trying to help and did not know any other way. I certainly did not mean to tease.

I would not normally post anything like that but in this case I know that people got excited when the Devs had not announced anything and due to no fault of there own.

Aye thats the feeling I get from time to time. Its also annoying when some of the vets tell us about "priority list" and how our suggestions should not be bothered with. I'm sure players are well aware of the small development team and factor it into account when making such a thread. No need to shoot it down immediately due to priority concerns, were just thinking about the future gameplay after all. <_<

OTMatt I am sorry if I have ever done this to you?

I always make the mistake of having grand dreams for games and being let down. This happened with Rome II and it's poor naval warfare in particular.

• Like 2

OTMatt I am sorry if I have ever done this to you?

Nah its more like a general grouping among the guys here, I was particularly irritated when the crew thread was shut down all of a sudden due to negativity and the hijacking. :wacko:

Press Gang Officer I never meant my reply as a personal slight to you.  I just wanted to add a voice to encourage others to keep on voicing their positive excitement.  So my sincere apologies if I caused any unnecessary anxiety.  We just all want to be a part of what appears to be an amazing visual experience in a game genre that holds tremendous appeal for many of us.

We do envy that you get to test this program.  I know how it feels as I was privileged to be a tester for Ultimate General.   It was also humbling because I realized that, in comparison to the input many testers proffered, my contribution was very meager.  I gave it all the spare time I had but I realized that I should have held off and let another who had more time take my place.  So I do not put myself forward as a tester anymore.  It is an honor and also an obligation.  I am 66 years old and with a wife and job and house and yard that take so much of my time (which I am thankful for) I have to face the harsh reality that "game" time has to take it's proper place in the scheme of things.

But it is a nice release to stand up and yell..."Hey, I can hardly stand the excitement of waiting for this amazing piece of software to arrive!"  For me it is like being a kid again looking forward to Christmas morning...and when I read the posts of others along these lines it feels they are experiencing the same childlike excitement.

I do hope you are enjoying being a tester as we all wish we were in your shoes with that opportunity.  Again I apologize for maybe making my initial statement too strong.

• Like 2

This is my best assumption. There was a new patch (that testers like myself are testing now). As soon as it seems any major bugs are fixed (which i dont know of any) sea trials will open to public. I would imagine by Saturday, you will be playing.

• Like 2