Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix for patch 9.96

admin

So I think the hotfix may have gone a little bit too far, Rear Admiral Fleet mission, 3 kills, 2 assists....7 points towards the Hostility.....so errr thats 600+ Rear Admiral Fleet Hostility Missions....and it decays 20% every day....so all the enemy needs to do is not show up...and its impossible to flip a port.

16 points between us, is 600 Rear Admiral Fleet Missions, which is 600 hours worth of fighting....then you lose 20% per day of hostility.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 1

-Pirates lost all their resources and our islands are shit. Look at the ports around Inagua Province. They dont consume ANYTHING! wtf?

You are expecting lawless desert islands to have well-developed consumer demand?

-Too many towers everywhere!

I agree, actually. The amount of towers looks a bit silly. Two big forts is more than enough, without a whole row of towers on top of them.

So I think the hotfix may have gone a little bit too far, Rear Admiral Fleet mission, 3 kills, 2 assists....7 points towards the Hostility.....so errr thats 600+ Rear Admiral Fleet Hostility Missions

7points * playes doing it.

Let say we have 400 players doing mission (less than half the server), they get 2800 in less than 1h. 2800*24=67.000 points/day... Up to 6 PB created in a single day... 1 per nation... And that's only about PvE missions. Add ganking fleets and PvP (What it really should be about) It doesnt seems "too far" for me given the aim was to have few PB/week.

This means:

-Nations will have to really focuss in a single region

- or they will need more than a single day

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar
  • Like 1

I'm not convinced honest English wool wouldn't stop half those splinters either. Now, infection... isn't going to kill a man before the battle is good and over.

So far I've had more productive PvP cruising French waters in my privateer than I had in weeks. Shore guns are a godsend as well. The ability for a little seventh rate to pull a far superior enemy into action off the supporting coastal guns... well wasn't that a Hornblower episode?

Speaking of which, what's the payoff for destroying towers and forts in an open world tag? Can my mortar brig help the war effort by shelling enemy forts to generate hostility?

• Like 3

The resources distribution is very unfriendly. I cant make medkits because I dont have any tobacco near. I cant make new ships because there is so few ports that produces gold, copper and silver and woods.

The resources prices at shop are very high, If you arent rich you cant do anything. Just imagine the new player, a absolute nightmare.

I disagree with these statements somewhat.  You can produce ships, you just can't have an exceptional ship factory that can pump out high quality ships several times a week...at least not yet.  I really do hope this will bring about an appreciation for basic and common quality ships. A fine, masterwork, and exceptional ship should be something to strive towards, if you have a particular ship you want to be the best out there.  Seeing a brand new player with little to no experience sailing around in a gold frigate when they can't even do her justice always angered me.  Think of it like this - when you were a new driver, did you learn to drive on a top of the line car?  No, you drove a junker because everyone knew you were going to drive that thing into the ground.  Let the new players sail a common vessel, that they can easily afford after a few missions, and they will respect the ships they have.  A Basic 5th rate can still destroy an exceptional vessel of the same rate, with the right captain.

Hopefully this will also lead to a dramatic reduction of ships of the line as well.  I don't like being forced into a big brick with guns in order to compete with other ships on the ocean.  The main complaints I'm seeing are that the status quo has changed.  It's harder to build super-ships. I say good, let the ocean swarm with 5th rates and below.  Bring back sailing,and take away this feeling that more guns is always better.  Just my thoughts on the matter.

• Like 3

Next patch

• Standard resources weight changes will be brought back to normal, some might still be different but will be definitely lower than now. They were changed by mistake with trading resources weight changes.
  • Trading resources weight will remain. They got changed because trading resources weights were adjusted to reduce the ability of 1 trader to clear out all resources in port. To clear all stock you will need 5-10 players or 5-10 trading runs. Weight increase was compensated by price hikes to provide same level of profit per run (but keep some stock left for others).

A nearby hotfix or a longer wait for a full patch? People keep asking this in-game and I'd like to give them an answer  :)

Edited by Purple Ronnie

Ok, thanks for patching those things, but Spain got 5 PB generated in one day, nobody can solve that.

PD:I´m really disaoppointed with this patch, I´m not a hater, but I´m really tired. I love this game, but some there are some things that i can´t understand.

Edited by Pablo Frias
  • Like 1

Thus is purely coming from a PvP2 perspective.

The change to pvp/pve aggression is devastating in some regions of the map due to such a low pop in the server. Taking the 3 lowest pop nations on PvP2, Sweden, France, and Spain. All nations increased aggression in nearby regions yesterday, I can remember Sweden getting to 34% for leeward Island, and France getting to 10% for Dominica, not sure about Spain. These aggression gains were all made through PvE since there is not a soul nearby to sink for PvP gains.

With this hotfix, the small Nations will practically never gain a region due to not even having the manpower to play 24/7 to get to 100%. I don't know if this is meant to be this way but a nation can choose to just not be in a region and it becomes THE BEST defense...by not being there.

Maybe a small nation should not be able to take a region if it doesn't have the players....but at the same time, if a nation doesn't defend a region at all we should be able to get the region faster.

• Like 2

Ok, thanks for patching those things, but Spain got 5 PB generated in one day, nobody can solve that.

Spain started with a disproportionate amount of territory compared to population across factions. This resulted in aggressive consolidation efforts, which should be self evident to anyone in this game. Choose the areas to defend and don't get salty about areas you can't hold.

• Like 1

Ok, tested the crew damage.  It is very high.  What is the meaning of grapes?  You buff those to kill crew even faster now?

Raking is just way too easy in this game.  Now you kill a punch if you just get few balls in.  A good rake will kill 1/3 from the crew.  So...  Don't know what to say really.

You had pretty decently well balanced combat system.  Now you changed one aspect so hard, that it will change the whole game.  I have a feeling there is a lot to rebalance now.

I hope raking is not that easy, and we actually tank with the sides now.  I really hope so.  And I hope SOL can bow rake a small ship as well, that some idiots in Rattlesnakes wont be able to rake a SOL more than once, and then take one bow rake and lose all the crew.  Instead of, small ships raking SOLs one after another.  Was bow rake deadly irl?

I have a feeling that you just increased crew damage, without understanding its relation to all the rest.  I really hope I am wrong.

Also 2 superior wood types?  When we could have had 6 wood types to choose from, we have now 2?  :(

There are way too many things I did not like this time, maybe should not even start listing...  I admit that I am a bit disappointed.

I hope I am wrong with all but...

Wake me up when it's all fixed.

Hostility points currently set as the following

• Kill - 20 points
  • Assist - 5 points
  • Lineship modifier 2x
  • PVE modifier = 0,05 (was 0.5 before)
  • Total points required to generate hostility were kept the same - 10000

Parameters will be adjusted again next week because the war effort supplies prices, resources and labor hours need to be updated too, but it was too late to do yesterday.

Since there is not enough population on PvP2 server to raise hostility with PvP, see you in 2063 for the first Port Battle raised by PvE on this server. :D

• Like 1

hot fix kind of broke a aspect of Hostility, pve is now worthless to gain hostility or maintain levels.

now if you dont go to a area your nation owns (ie the majority of spanish ports which are undefended areas) its safe for ever, as no one is going to kill the ammount of pve ships needed

this is mainly a issue for nations trying to take spanish interests, as spain now owns the majority of the map, they cannot defend the far flung areas, this in turn basicly stops the pvp aspect of Hostility.

• Like 1

Spain started with a disproportionate amount of territory compared to population across factions. This resulted in aggressive consolidation efforts, which should be self evident to anyone in this game. Choose the areas to defend and don't get salty about areas you can't hold.

I´m not talkng about that, i knek we´ll have to give up some areas, but the crappy hostility level generated PB in 5 of our areas in one day. Thats insane.

Since there is not enough population on PvP2 server to raise hostility with PvP, see you in 2063 for the first Port Battle raised by PvE on this server. :D

The goal is to allow several fleets across multiple timezones to raise the hostility to port battle in 1 day or 2. 

Yesterday shown that organized effort can flip the port in 2 hours. Which is too fast. The tuning will take a week or two. 

Remember that there will be a map reset before release and additional resets might be required. 

In regards of 5 defensive battles per day we can control this by changing 3 things

1) Port battles per nation per day (currently 2)

2) Hostility per nation (currently 3)

3) Speed of hostility generation (which slows down things or speeds them up in itself).

The speed of conquest can be reduced or increased by using those parameters. 

Underpopulated nations must ally with someone otherwise they will struggle. Naval Action conquest IS a war-game and there will be winners and losers. PVE server solves the problem with the static conquest. Some resource adjustments will also be done if needed. 

• Like 1

So the current answer for PvP2 underpopulated nations is to ally other ones to "possibly" gain some ports? I have to respectfully disagree as I don't think you quite understand the situation. Don't any admins/devs play on PvP2?

The hotfix aggression works well with a PvP1 pop like it has now, but.....well we will see I suppose. I'm not optimistic about this.

• Like 1

I´m not talkng about that, i knek we´ll have to give up some areas, but the crappy hostility level generated PB in 5 of our areas in one day. Thats insane.

under the old game rules you would of been hit worse, if you remember or dont? ports that were set as a national port in the old system had no lord protector and no timer, if you had that system still in place, instead of this new system you would be looking at massive losses, the only defence would be when money for flags ran out or they got within range of your players.

in many ways you are lucky you have 5 port battles planned, you know where they will be and when and can choose to defend or let go,

as a nation spain has a lot of areas and unless you have the majority of the server population you would be hard pressed to keep them all

atleast this gives you choice.

my nation has no choice we have to attack spanish lands to expand and survive, we will probably loose our far outposts as other nations have the same issue,

• Like 1