Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.96 - New conquest, New trading, New ships and other things

admin

Im getting bored fast. Almost my entire server plays strictly in the newb zone now. The few players who ship the goods from freeport to capital hug the shoreline so that even when you can only pull in 5 or 6 ai ships they are guarded by super forts and towers so you still cant harm them.

Since patch i havent found 1 player in the ocean shipping goods ( but its a big ocean) i cant generate enough hostility to attack a port or i could own the entire map outside the newb zone and capitsl areas.

Zero ai trade ships to attack unless they are protected by a fleet making solo play not worth playing.

Also the constant Alliance of the United States and Britain makes the world boring for a pvp player of any of those factions proved daily by the amount of players from those to factions to the pirates all saying the same thing. Thier faction was $@× so i came here. Thier words not mine.

I REALLY think this patch could be good but its just not. Im really at a loss of words for the first time on what to do.

I cant play on pvp1 because my ping makes it unbearable so i log in port to my 8 outpost look around then log off. Have 3 other clan mates texting me same results.

Right now im lost.

Info on how my clan plays. 100% strictly 17th century carrebean pirates. We dont build mines or lumber mills we dont capture ports we dont do things that pirates didnt do. We are always told by oyr enemies that they hate us but respect the hell outa how we play.

Our clan has no reason to log in now because there is no way to function in our capacity and have fun.

Please fix this.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 1

AI traders and AI traders flagged as Smugglers are back, if they were ever gone. I stopped counting at 15 when I was shipping around some good before work today. Between Christansted and La Navasse.

As for empty seas... it is a very empty server at the best of time.

Dunno what you expect. Just know that it's different on PvP1.  :)

Diplomacy is a player thing and I dunno why you'D bring that up as a negative for the patch.

But I share your pain, the Danes are stuck in a useless Alliance with the Spanish that will be prolonged to three weeks in a few days, blocking all expansion into neighbouring effectively unlcaimed areas.

Im getting bored fast. Almost my entire server plays strictly in the newb zone now. The few players who ship the goods from freeport to capital hug the shoreline so that even when you can only pull in 5 or 6 ai ships they are guarded by super forts and towers so you still cant harm them.

Since patch i havent found 1 player in the ocean shipping goods ( but its a big ocean) i cant generate enough hostility to attack a port or i could own the entire map outside the newb zone and capitsl areas.

Zero ai trade ships to attack unless they are protected by a fleet making solo play not worth playing.

Also the constant Alliance of the United States and Britain makes the world boring for a pvp player of any of those factions proved daily by the amount of players from those to factions to the pirates all saying the same thing. Thier faction was $@× so i came here. Thier words not mine.

I REALLY think this patch could be good but its just not. Im really at a loss of words for the first time on what to do.

I cant play on pvp1 because my ping makes it unbearable so i log in port to my 8 outpost look around then log off. Have 3 other clan mates texting me same results.

Right now im lost.

Info on how my clan plays. 100% strictly 17th century carrebean pirates. We dont build mines or lumber mills we dont capture ports we dont do things that pirates didnt do. We are always told by oyr enemies that they hate us but respect the hell outa how we play.

Our clan has no reason to log in now because there is no way to function in our capacity and have fun.

Please fix this.

While you may not be interested in Port Captures (I applaud you for that, by the way), you could still pay attention to the Map.  Look around for high hostility areas and go there.  There will be players aplenty in the region trying to build hostility.  Not traders, but potential combat opportunities abound.  

Another thought (I hate that I'm saying this) it to start prowling newly captured ports.  We capture areas in order to do one of two things:  protect our interests, or gain access to limited resources.  There will certainly be traffic between newly captured ports and the capital regions.  

Also, look at the map and find the locations of known limited resources.  Apply the same concept as above.  You may not be interested in producing goods or anything like that, but knowing the market makes you a better pirate.

I sincerely hate myself for this post.

snapback.png

When a dev nerf a perk like pirate from +1kn to +0,5kn that cost 6p and leave the mastery perks for ships at 5p for +0,5kn and +5% reload, clearly  have lost his in game experience, becouse is a such obvious and blatant mistake , mistakes that cost you time, and cost us fun.

Devs.  Btw this is a good point)) 

we have not thought of that when we did the change but its not important at this stage.  Cost wise pirate perk is strangely more expensive and it should be changed. 

But this is not a blatant mistake. It is just a mistake. People who work make mistakes all the time. 

The only point is that mistake does not matter - honestly. Have some Maderai wine which is also in game ;)

• With all respect,but i dont see that as a mistake, its only seems so because of the fact that we can so easy reset our officer but we all know that its only momentary.I think even now pirate perk its still the best perk in the game.its give +0.5kn on whatever ship your sailing ,which is not the case with master perk,master perk its bound to the class you pick .The only reason why it cost 6 points and not 5, in my opinion its because that we cant  stuck this two perks together and for that -2.5%  reloading time, well that easy to solve, give pirates lets say -10% boarding preparation time,they are pirates after all,all they wana do its jump on my ship :). Evan I as a national player will be  picking that perk if there will be not a constant threat of the pirates(I play as US nation), against a pirate that perk on a nationalist its useles,my ship will be much slower than his.
Edited by roxanne
  • Like 1

Come to PVP Eu1

I think the perma upgrades should not be nerfed that much... they are perma upgrade after all.  An Increase magazine access Gold giving 5% was good in my opinion... now they only give 2,5%.  Altho, I didnt craft a new ship yet to see the bonus you implemented for the ship.. i need to try to have a better judgement

With the Rergional bonus I now know why they nerfed them so much. One regions gives 10% to reload couple of others is only 5%.  Think of how bad that can be with the old system if it was still all 5% stacks.  Just Powder, Mag, Rum gave you 15% and add the Frigatemaster is 5% or the Pirate Hunter was 10% that could be 20-25% reload.   Than add a regional of 5-10 percent you would have 25-35% off reload and that is a lot when you deal with the big guns of SOL's.  That is why folks that complained about the Pirate skill never played with Pirate Hunter to know just how op that 25% reload combo could be in a battle compared to 1 knt.  They should be rulling Port Battles and the PIrates the OW chase down, but people don't think of the whole picture.  Even with nerfs to perk Pirate is good if you switch ships alot and don't take the time to change your skills which eventually it's not going to be free to do so.

So yah if your looking at the mods, skills and regional perks you have to look at the whole picture. I like the new combos myself.

• Like 1

For the developers and the admin. This is a huge content patch and should be tweaked into shape for the next months what you actual do. I have to congratulate you for this big amount of work! But - always a "but" as software tester.

1. I also see the actual PvE system still as a unsatisfactory situation. To jump into PvE battles is fun for stronger players but for beginners and weak players it is frustrating that they get ganked in a PvE mission.
  2. Also happens that players from the same nation jump into your mission and tries to board a ship so that they can send their main ship to a port far away. I dont know if this is working as intended for you.
  3. PvP missions are also unbalanced, the idea with the two circle is a great idea, but noone can later join the PvP-battle. For traders it stills a bad situation, so maybe you reinstall the social skill that these pvp-battles are open for a value between 5 to 15 minutes, this should be tested whats a good compromise of time, so that gankers and traders dont feel betrayed alone. Maybe you design the skill in such a way that is only active if you sail a trader ship.
  4. After action screen of a battle is still used as ganker hiding place, maybe invite a timer of 15 minutes - enough time for a toilette or smoke break - and than you drop out of the screen. Even if you pressed Alt+F4 and for disconnected players the 2 minutes existing on the open world is active before logging off. This enforces the gankers to drop out of the screen and didnt have all the favours on his side. Maybe a random reset of 0,1 Lat/long positioning can also be implemented that it isnt so easy to be get catched by the fleet outside.
  5. Ship crafting, a new and so an uncomfortable situation, I find the idea great to make the ships more valueable, but up to Suprise you need fine fir and fine other wood type after that you only need the fine wood type, that is a little unfair for the new players/crafters. Also I see only basic and common ships sailing around because every one saves his fine and better crafted ships what is actual really an intersting situation and I appreciate it. But my opinion would be to make the common level without fine wood logs but cost 1.5 more materials and with fine craft level you add the fine wood logs and maybe exceptional ships costs twice the materials because you only want the best of the best materials and the other materials are lost. So you have your fine logs and these exceptional ships are really expensive, if go insane double the labor hours for crafting such a exceptional ship.
  6. Pirate skill, 1 knot was to fast, 0.5 knot is to slow. Redesign this skill make it cheaper and change it into more crew percentage maybe in this way: "Pirate skill 3 Points, if you fight as pirate against a nation flag you get + X % percantage crew for free." The ammount should be significant because privateers and pirates overcrewed their ships, e.g. between 25-75% or depending on the ship class, e.g. 7&6 rate 100% 5-4 rates 50% and 3-1 rates 25%. With a 60 men privateer 7th rate ship you dont really threaten a trader but maybe same ship with 120 men maybe impresive for a trader, but putting 1600 men on a 2nd rate is obviously too much.
  • Like 4

1) That's because they're no longer PvE battles, but an element of PvP. If they were closed as before that would allow almost utterly undisturbed building of hostility which would make a mockery of the whole PB system. Or more of a mockery, depending on your position.

The issue is that there is no PvE content, not that the current missions are open.

3) PvP will always be "unbalanced" for traders, because they're traders  :rolleyes:

Besides, large circles and the sheer amount of fortifications mean that with even with the tiniest bit of care it's exceedingly hard to take out traders. Don't go AFK sailing in the open sea, there needs to be a risk.

If you don't believe me, just go and try be the pirate. Stacking it even more against privateers/pirates would make it impossible and the death of that bit of the game. If you want undisturbed and risk free delivery of good, then the PvP server is not for you. That should be blindingly obvious.

4) I've yet to see any evidence of the after battle screen being used to hide for ganking purposes nor do I see how it would work. There would be a scout outside, which should scare you away if you're in a trade ship; it would need to be close to shore to work for the ganking party, which would mean AI ships and towers (see my points about 3) ); it would somehow need to be placed in such a way that despite the necessary scout and the engagement time and worthwhile placement you can't get away within the timer. In short, there's no viable way to use this for proper ganking.

Which is either done with overwhelming force or speed or a combination of the two. Not with sitting somewhere in a screen 

Now, hiding from the "revenge" though is a different story. And an automatic timer here of say for example 15 minutes (long enough for a break,not so long that any "revenge" has to waste hours of their time) that throws you back into the world is a totally different suggestion and one that I personally think should be discussed and considered.

5) Fully agreed. It's a good system but the drop chance or the recipe requirements for the rare resources need to be tweaked.

• Like 1

Dear Devs,

After a global analysis of this wipe, it appears to me that the Beta testing is now strongly streamed toward

- PvE , I personaly do not have any interest to fight AI fleets

- Trading, many ressources with complex & fluctuating goods cost  (this point might become clearer after a while, but with most interest from traders)

- Crafters, many crafting & farming combinations that is utterly time consuming.

Let's hope that adjustment will be provided in order to please players who are mostly looking for PvP every day.

Would it be interesting to limit or even cancel the ship teleports ("send to outpost") in order to have nations mostly focusing on neighbouring hostilities ?

It could give higher PvP dynamism (as well as increase realism).

Today hostilities can be generated everywhere thx to the free ports ability, (which disolve PvP activity), while conquest logic should be rather step by step in nearby territories (a large fleet war expedition should cost time & high cost with risck of loosing the whole fleet in case of unsuccesful result far away from homeland).

This issue could be implemented by new mechanics enabling to send fleets physically sailling with time effect, these fleets would be ordered from one friendly port to another friendly port (with created outpost) without player control/involvement in that fleet. Depending on distance & BR each fleet mission order would have its cost (gold or ressources) including the risck being attacked during the trip. 

• Like 1