Game-Labs Forum

Was the three Admiral's treaty such a good idea after all?

Fletch

Dear Mr. Fletch67.

You think that the objective of this game is destroy your enemies and so win.....

But the objective for this game is play the game..... if you destroy the enemies You won the war, but loose the game. You need an enemy to continue playing...

Sorry Mr Gandhi.

"There is no way for win the game. The game is the way" 

You seem like a nice chap.

I think its just I like to fight wars that have consequences, good or bad, I need some stakes on the table. Could you play poker all night for no money? How long before that gets boring?

I played EVE for many years and before that Everquest on a PVP server. All I can say is both games offered some brutal wars.

I cannot stand artificial restricted warfare it just does not motivate me, I like to see my enemies crushed or be crushed trying.

Nothing personal

Thank you, many good points. my entire post started as a response to bitching in Brit chat about lack of participation in port battles.

I felt entitled to have a bitch back. Just understand that to me and others I have recently played with there is a general apathy for port battles. Many ports are taken and then given up without fight, after putting in so much time and effort in a campaign I did not expect the enemy to be let off so lightly only to have to face them again.

If you are out there doing it for Britain on the port battle front good luck to you,. Just dont beat up on the pubbies around Jamaica about not wanting to take part in seemingly endless back and forth.

I will actually beat on those pubbies that cry for everything being done their way and defenses and patrols being put up to help them but fail to participate in doing this for them and still cry should stuff go wrong - I ahve no respect for them nor do I feel like I should consider them part of my nation - they are surviving on my and other players merits - that doesnt entitle them to anything

BTW: Even if any nation gets reduced to one port - I could rebuild a full first rate fleet in a week or less on my own. I'm not the only one in my clan able to do that. I'm sure we are not the only clan able to do that. For once I agree with Tenakha - we can jsut endlessly respawn we only loose the new players - not good for the game and we'd still not be contained for long. So there is absolutely no point in 1 porting a nation.

Ports are useless,  only needed for bad/poor players.

Once you make your first 5ml and craft ships you always gain x4 x5 what you spend, then you can even buy resource at x3 the cost and still sell ships for profit.

As long the game not bound  the ability to craft ships to conquerable ports, and their economy.  Owning port will have no rilevance at list vs rich and organized players.

Clans should own ports,  build structures on them,  and capitals should not allow to build stuff bigger then  an inger.   So clans and nations will need to hold their ports for have ability to build up big ships.

Between european traders, and capital,      all i need is the pirate capital for keep going, no pve, no trading etc.        I buy iron at 220 for give you an idea dont even bother to move around for buy it for less.

main issue is that there is no win condition vs another nation.

• Like 3

Agree with Chimera,  [etc]

This snippet points to something positive that OP has done.  Thanks for providing a National News thread which finds British/Dutch/US captains in agreement with Spanish/French/Danish captains and clicking "Like" on each other's posts.

The fact that such habitual enemies are finding common ground against the attitude espoused in the OP might (or might not) give Fletch67 some hint that he ought to reexamine his ideas?  Probably not.

• Like 9

I will actually beat on those pubbies that cry for everything being done their way and defenses and patrols being put up to help them but fail to participate in doing this for them and still cry should stuff go wrong - I ahve no respect for them nor do I feel like I should consider them part of my nation - they are surviving on my and other players merits - that doesnt entitle them to anything

BTW: Even if any nation gets reduced to one port - I could rebuild a full first rate fleet in a week or less on my own. I'm not the only one in my clan able to do that. I'm sure we are not the only clan able to do that. For once I agree with Tenakha - we can jsut endlessly respawn we only loose the new players - not good for the game and we'd still not be contained for long. So there is absolutely no point in 1 porting a nation.

How are they surviving on your merits what do you think will happen if you are not doing what you are doing? 

Anybody wanna hazard a guess who I am not gonna help when he gets attacked near me? ;) - As soon as clannies finally ahve enough of listening to bullshit like this the pubbeis as valiant as some of them might be will get raped as they are disorganized - what do you think the enemy port battle fleets attack once the far away ports are lost? who is gonna come and help you once the clannies dont wanna anymore? - thats the merit you ladies live on

Hi Fletch67,

Don't forget that the British (like the Spanish) have been targeted and at war almost continuously for months now with several other nations. That is not easy. Where "the East" despite some really hardcore wars, kept talking to each other and eventually even granted their communities a well deserved break, it made sure that there was "an ending" to a chapter of hostilities. People need endings, preferably happy ones. We all knew new wars would come and would be necessary for our playerbases to keep it fun, as much as a break is also sometimes necessary. Talks and reasoning by good people of those communities ensured that, although not everyone agreed, treaties and ceasefires held steady and fast.

This has never really happened to the British or Spanish playerbase, apart from selfimposed ceasfires or eventually the Three Admiralty treaty that only lasted a short time. I for one have great respect for the British and Spanish players fighting those continual wars without end. I'm not sure I would like to play like that myself.

It is also what is still missing from the alliance/diplomacy expansion and is repeated a few times by other players in this thread. Wars are great, but they need an ending (e.g. by reaching certain conditions) so a new war can start after perhaps a few days of a well deserved break. I'm sure the Devs are already thinking hard on improving on this first iteration of alliances/diplomacy. Perhaps the all out wars we are declaring now could be war declarations just for certain regions or territories in the future; who knows, but improve it will over time, I'm sure of it.

Take care,

LP

• Like 8

From a Spanish perspective this is a rather silly post. For one thing the Three Admirals treaty was a huge undertaking and as one of the Spanish diplomats involved (we all put in many hours and a few late nights)I have no problem in saying publically that the bulk of the work was done by the Dutch player Pellasgos, who you won't even mention by name. Even if you don't like the conditions of the treaty the precedent it set and the goodwill it fostered makes it very valuable. The time and effort Pellasgos and the rest of us put in to trying to improve the game was immense so be a bit more grateful even if you disagree with it. Secondly, the truth is, you can't destroy a nation you can only harm the player base and that's bad for the game. The harcore will always be there its just the newbies and the traders you drive away. It's half the reason there's a forum thread full of Spanish players trying to suggest ways to not harm the Dutch player base when the faction is on the ropes.

This is a war game but it's not analogous to a real war, it's the game part that needs the emphasis and games need a fun and worthy opponent. You win some you lose some but if you've got nothing positive to say don't start a forum post bagging people who poured a lot of time and potential sleep into efforts to make the game better for everyone including you.

• Like 6

Internal strife is of all times and of all nations. We (the Dutch) are like a Hydra, one head may lick you, one head may sing to you, one head may yell at you, but in times of peril I've always have seen the Dutch clans do their duty, and that is to turn the heads in the same general direction and bite back where it is needed.

Yesterday a main fleet in our western fronts turned a Danish 1st rate fleet with some clever fireship tactics yet unseen on a scale like it was executed by Vasco / Pellasgos and his warriors. nlGuinnesnl of the Arse clan led a succesful defensive fleet against French agression towards Fort Oranje and a fleet of XIX and DAS defended the fake Spanish flag on Fort Zoutman and took back the regional capital Caracas as the opportunity arose. All at the same time. I'd say that is pretty good collaboration between parties of a Nation with internal problems. ;)

Strife, perhaps, worries, for sure, positivity, still there. It is not coincidence that the Dutch motto of Concordia res parvae (Unity makes strength) was changed over the years in the motto:Je mantiendrai (We will maintain); strength does not always come out of unity, but we know it also comes out of diversity and individual contribution.

Hence I will say to everyone listening:

We are the Dutch Nation; in all of its diversity and impossible personae! We love this game and we love playing it with you! ;)

From spanish player...well done. You are doing the same we did in Mantua a few months ago and Robras 2 weeks ago. Bravo.

• Like 3

Anybody wanna hazard a guess who I am not gonna help when he gets attacked near me? ;) - As soon as clannies finally ahve enough of listening to bullshit like this the pubbeis as valiant as some of them might be will get raped as they are disorganized - what do you think the enemy port battle fleets attack once the far away ports are lost? who is gonna come and help you once the clannies dont wanna anymore? - thats the merit you ladies live on

I have done big clans and endless port battles, for what? For nothing that's what ,you said yourself and everyone else has said,  wars cannot be won or lost. There is nothing at stake, nothing to win nothing to loose. You think you are protecting your home land from what exactly? Everyone has clearly stated no one intends to destroy another nation so what is the worse that can happen? Big fleets turn up outside Kingston every night? PVP on the doorstep? Its like a bible basher walking up to me and saying Jesus died for my sins, no he didn't that's just what some people believe.

I have done big clans and endless port battles, for what? For nothing that's what ,you said yourself and everyone else has said,  wars cannot be won or lost. There is nothing at stake, nothing to win nothing to loose. You think you are protecting your home land from what exactly? Everyone has clearly stated no one intends to destroy another nation so what is the worse that can happen? Big fleets turn up outside Kingston every night? PVP on the doorstep? Its like a bible basher walking up to me and saying Jesus died for my sins, no he didn't that's just what some people believe.

Let's not drag religion in here or I'll post my essay on the Prosperity Gospel into this forum and a whole lot of people are gonna be really butthurt then.

So you're saying that the nation would profit from having the home ports constantly being under attack? We would profit from ganker fleets not being intercepted by the clans (and some valiant pubbies)? Just because some people - this is clearly not all - say they have no intention of destroying us doesn't mean they won't attack us - they could take port morant and let us take it back right away - wouldn't destroy us but still be an immense pain for our players! Make no mistake - they might not intend to destroy us but they still need ports to attack - and they will find them! And from personal experience I can tell you sitting around to defend home ports is no real fun - only becomes fun when you only got Jamaica left but that means the new palyers wont enjoy the game and leave again!

Dear Mr. Fletch67.

You think that the objective of this game is destroy your enemies and so win.....

But the objective for this game is play the game..... if you destroy the enemies You won the war, but loose the game. You need an enemy to continue playing...

Sorry Mr Gandhi.

"There is no way for win the game. The game is the way" 

Thinking about it, was it not you guys who had a campaign named make Britain quit?

Or was that a dream I had one night after staying up too late?

Edited by Fletch67

Thinking about it, was it not you guys who had a campaign named make Britain quit?

Or was that a dream I had one night after staying up too late?

Pls stop falling for propaganda...the french never had a campaign like this, the spanish didn't either and....no we do not eat babies while skinning their mothers

It's just dumb

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 4

Pls stop falling for propaganda...the french never had a campaign like this, the spanish didn't either and....no we do not eat babies while skinning their mothers

It's just dumb

*slowly puts the skinning knife behind his back in an attempt to hide it

We don't? :P

You just have to ruin all my fun don't you...

Edited by JollyRoger1516
  • Like 1

It's just dumb

i dont think it can be disputed that these words were used. but just like in british nation not everybody with an ingame or forum account represents the stance of the nation as a whole.

so its not propaganda but idiots...

Game is in EA and beating any nation to one port would be bad game wise.

If you cant see that then ... well ... dont know what else we can tell you?
Wait for full release and then play for win.

When EvE was in beta there wasnt any "wars". They started to pop out few months after release when big alliances started to show. So please dont be delusional.

i dont think it can be disputed that these words were used. but just like in british nation not everybody with an ingame or forum account represents the stance of the nation as a whole.

so its not propaganda but idiots...

The only time I've heard it was from British players accusing us of saying it...its like WMD it couldn't be disputed that Saddam Hussein had them and yet......................... :P

Edited by Tenakha Kan