Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.93 - Bucentaure, acceleration rework and many other things

admin

I got 2 more bottles after I made this pic.  I get mine just sailing around.  When hunting around Mortimer I'll usually come back to port after an hour roam with 2-3 bottles.  I thought about getting the fishing perk but I did not, because I get enough fish and bottles already.

AY6cmwU.jpg

• Like 1

Oh - and what about OW speed? Yesterday I got tagged in my frigate by a rattlesnake - this is no surprise of course, but the surprise was indeed that he had a consti as fleet - I think OW speed should depend on the slowest ship in the fleet, shoudn't it?

It is working already like that. A Surprise and a Constitution however have very close wind profiles (or at least close enough that you can still be fast under certain conditions).

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15528-pvp1-june-29th-no-sympathies/

Four bottles drop in an hour? Stockpiling bottles? Where are these guys playing? Perhaps a better distribution rather than a reduced rate.

After my post i went out, then played 2 more hours tonight and got 2 more, it makes 6 bottles for now and i will come back to game after dinner  ... Like i said RNG is badly done and should be made different, maybe like i suggested or something different if Dev's have a better idea than mine, but made so all captains will have equal chances and no more many bottles a day for some when some others get none for days ...

PS: i don't have the fishing perk 

• Like 1

I got 2 more bottles after I made this pic.  I get mine just sailing around.  When hunting around Mortimer I'll usually come back to port after an hour roam with 2-3 bottles.  I thought about getting the fishing perk but I did not, because I get enough fish and bottles already.

AY6cmwU.jpg

I hate you :P

• Like 2

I think a difference might be how much I played this weekend.  I was basically on all the time, even when I was doing other stuff.  Go out in a trader lynx even when you are only semi present and check back on the game from time to time as you do other stuff.

I find these discussions kind of funny, when I take a trader snow and sail all of an hour in a direction to a port most people rarely go to and sell tobacco for around 125-200 per unit, I can easily make bank and sail back with something that will sell in the home ports or that I just want.

People seem to be afraid of travel and transport, yes it is boring, but it isn't exactly a taxing thing to do.   I usually do that and watch something on Netflix or play Gems Of War while on these long trips.  And this is on the US PvP 2 server. 

Isn't backy selling for 700?

Hax, F11 spam when I log in...

They should add to the programming if you haven't received a bottle in the last so many hours on the OW, your chances increase, if you have received a bottle, your chances decrease. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess some people are just lucky :)

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 1

no haha im talkin about if they released historical colors for ships like a black and red i seen somewhere for usa id paint myships that color maybe have different virations of said reds  like org red then maybe a bright red or a dark red

that and if they did let us make our own id prob have a ship with different shades of red like a brighter red for a hull color followed by a more darker shade of red to accent it on the trim

So you would try to get an approximation of the american flag colours on your ship.

Well I guess that would not be so bad if the colours and tones were historical.

If it was anything like this though I don't know whether I would keep playing. Would just look too modern and garish.

Imagine a fleet of these? 

AmericanFlagSlideshowMedium.jpg

So you would try to get an approximation of the american flag colours on your ship.

If it was anything like this though I don't know whether I would keep playing. Would just look too modern and garish.

He is not saying American flag colors.  He thinks American Navy had special hull colors that distinguished them from other navies of the time.  They, like other navies, really didn't have anything that unique.

Got 4 bottles drop in a bit less than one hour today, all collected in less than 1h30 ( one tp to capital from an outpost to craft an upgrade to a guy in between ) , this is all loot i got from them ( outside fish meat of course ) : 

835046Client2016080113003905cr.png

3 days ago i got two bottle jump into my ship in not even 4 minutes ... I bought maybe 10 gold upgrades last 3-4 days from the NPC market at prices not even covering the cost of one mid grade note , boarding parties gold at 22k for example, reinforced sails at 28600, reinforced rudder at 51645 and so on  ...

The RNg is this game is not working well, how to RNG and make it less silly and also fair for all : 

- Base bottles drops on the travel XP we get, 

- Let's say we get a chance to get a bottle between 1000 to 1500 or even 2000 travel xp collected,

- one player could get a bottle after accumulating 1001 travel xp, another after cumulating 1499 travel xp or at 1900 travel xp cumulated,

- Once a bottle drops it resets the travel xp counter and restart it from zero.

All players will have equal guaranteed chances, some will be more more lucky and get a bottle just after reaching 1000 travel xp, others a bit less lucky and get it at 1500 or 1900 travel xp.

No more 4 bottles drops in one hour, no more getting 2 bottles in less then 4 minutes, no more some getting 5 bottles a day when some traveling the same distances gets nothing at all and still RNG with a bit of luck involved ...

Of course it's up to the dev's to select at which rate the bottles drop by adjusting the travel xp range where the bottles drop , can be 1000 to 1500 or more or less but right now it feels absurd , and not only since last patch but it was already possible to get 2 bottles in few minutes before this last patch.

Thanks .

The drop rate needs to be lowered again, but also think that they could keep it as it is now, just don't make every wreck a jackpot. This means, sure, you can spend time looking for that 'wreck to end all shipwrecks' and retire, but many times you'll just be salvaging worthless stuff like pine logs or stone block. Maybe you get a blue upgrade, or some crap basic one.

I agree. It's just, as you say, silly, how it is now. I have at least 1 bottle in every outpost just from today. Sadly I don't even feel like going and getting the wrecks anymore, but I don't want to sell the bottles because there's already enough freaking gold upgrades circulating around, and the last thing I need is to have to fight more players with 1-click marines from a bottle I sold them.

And what was the point of the fisher perk? As far as I can tell, it isn't needed.

Edited by ajffighter86

i am a bit confused about the new surrender. Fire I understand, one is on fire or not. But sinking, am I sinking, the moment I start taking of water, a quarter, Half?

I was in a port battle where I started slowly taking on water. I broke contact with the enemy and sat there taking on water for 50 min unable to leave or surrender. If I'm "sinking" this slowly there should be a way to surrender or to escape. Perhaps making the surrender option take longer so that if one is rapidly sinking or burning they won't be able to complete the surrender/escape. make the surrender time like 5 to 10 min and if you last that long you can surrender. I think that would be fair.

• Like 1

The drop rate needs to be lowered again, but also think that they could keep it as it is now, just don't make every wreck a jackpot. This means, sure, you can spend time looking for that 'wreck to end all shipwrecks' and retire, but many times you'll just be salvaging worthless stuff like pine logs or stone block. Maybe you get a blue upgrade, or some crap basic one.

I agree. It's just, as you say, silly, how it is now. I have at least 1 bottle in every outpost just from today. Sadly I don't even feel like going and getting the wrecks anymore, but I don't want to sell the bottles because there's already enough freaking gold upgrades circulating around, and the last thing I need is to have to fight more players with 1-click marines from a bottle I sold them.

And what was the point of the fisher perk? As far as I can tell, it isn't needed.

For me the need to make it rare but worth it, not lower the loot but for example only add rare upgrades not able to be crafted to the loot table of shipwrecks, not adding upgrades that most players will craft for free if the player brings the materials, add LH's contracts guaranteed to drop, not getting 4 ships looted with no LH's contracts at all in them like i had few days before, only some to tobacco, salt, sugar and a very few coins or ingots.

Yesterday i found some gold marines in a NPC shop for a very cheap price :

268098Client2016080200125074cr.png

wanted to give it to a mate, for free, but he had bought some a few hours before, ended selling it for 500k instead of millions some still ask for those, found also some other gold upgrades for sell at cheap prices on NPC shops, some i bought some i didn't as i have many exemplars of them already and no use for them....

Today i login into the game, do a quick turn of my outposts using tp from outpost to outpost, then click sail to get in OW and not even 20 seconds after clicking the sail button to sail for the first trip of the day i get a bottle jump into my cargo ... 

Using the travel xp cumulated to insure that players won't get multiples bottles a day and at the same time making the loot very interesting will give a feeling of having found something very interesting and hitting the jackpot button, and of course will also make it fair for all, not 6 or more bottles a day for some and others getting nothing at all during days and days, i won't be like now and the profusion of bottles, captains of a ship feeling like trying to clean the seas from all drunk sailors releasing the bottles at seas ...

The drop rate needs to be rationalized to still make them worth something, only the most valuable upgrades, the ones players can't craft should drop but bottles found only once in a while, some LH's contracts guaranteed to drop too, this helps players to have SOL's crafted for free if they bring the parts + LH's and is good for the game itself, add to this some good materials like carriages and few other ship parts ( simulate that we take some of the carriages from the shipwrecks for example  ) or even add craft notes themselves, make it rare but make it feel like a very nice treasure.

I don't care for tobaccos sugar and salt or rum we can get in the loot, it's useless for me, cost almost nothing to buy, easy to find and there is very few quantities on loot, silver and gold coins i use them to make notes for my crafting but yeah make the loot really worth it, like a real treasure but make it rare, not happening 6 times a day or getting 2 bottles in only 4 minutes like now, and with equal chances for all to put the hands on it after sailing for xxxx distance in game in game like explained earlier with still some rng, but RNG how it should be if done properly, not silly RNG we get in this game .

Edit : make that 2 bottles in less than 30mn playing the game today already ... 

and #3 barely 15mn later ... + a 4th 42mn  after #3  ...

• Like 1

Meanwhile this is the content of 5 bottles, dropped and collected in less than 2h20mn, for now, playing today  : 

826488Client2016080214033560cr.png

This needs to change, and the faster it will be done to make it more rare and also more fair for all, the better it will be for the interest of all players .

• Like 1

I think a difference might be how much I played this weekend.  I was basically on all the time, even when I was doing other stuff.  Go out in a trader lynx even when you are only semi present and check back on the game from time to time as you do other stuff.

I know who to look for to kill ;)

• Like 1

I would like to see the control perk removed. Escape is hard enough in an unarmed trader as it is without some magic BS perk which gives you no chance at all. You cant shoot back, you cant outrun similar class ship and you have zero escape options. Yeah that's fun.

Yes, Grizwald was saying that I should get more fights now.

P.s.  I jinxed myself, I didn't get a single bottle yesterday.  Hopefully my luck comes back.

Shouldn't bottles be more like once per month?

I feel like I'm the lone sane person in an asylum.

• Like 3

AmericanFlagSlideshowMedium.jpg

LOL that made me giggle irl if we could tinker with sails id consider it but hull colors no like heres an example on what i use to do in potbs hull color was either a bright shade of red(not to bright however) with a trim color of a little bit darker shade of red

http://imgur.com/a/83qhn

kinda like that(i dident have an exact one of the colors id mention but replace the back with a slightly lighter shade of red)

bottles are a new feature and are of course not final

don't worry about shipwrecks and their effect.. there will be an asset reset on release anyway and by then their influence on economy might change.

Shouldn't bottles be more like once per month?

I feel like I'm the lone sane person in an asylum.

i agree!

• Like 4

Escape is hard enough in an unarmed trader

Surely you don't mean Trader Lynx or Trader Cutter?  You can countertag anything that can catch you and be nearly 100% assured of escape, because anything that can catch you doesn't have chasers.  Thanks to other magic perks and AI fleets it has become almost a necessity to massively gank a trader to catch them unless they are inept or not paying attention.  I think you not being able to escape within 500m due to "magic" is a fair counter for that magic coward perk you are almost certainly using. (But actually 500m is probably to short to be worth the points.)