Game-Labs Forum

Paint it black

Wang

It does seem to me that the devs, although they are working on stuff for the future of Piracy can make simple easy changes which would make the game more "piratey" and a bit more like the "hard mode" the devs claimed piracy was meant to be. For example all NPC national war ships will aggro pirates if they have a sufficient BR rating (i.e same or more)?? That just seems like a very simple code switch?

I dont have initial objection against pirates sailing 1st-rates. I do, however, have a problem with nearly all pirates sailing in 1's.

So via crafting limits and lower crew for highest rank, this can be enforced.

They will be able to buy them from others or cap them. And they will, all be it limited via the crew, still be able to use them in rare cases.

Great idea, lets do this for all nations.

It does seem to me that the devs, although they are working on stuff for the future of Piracy can make simple easy changes which would make the game more "piratey" and a bit more like the "hard mode" the devs claimed piracy was meant to be. For example all NPC national war ships will aggro pirates if they have a sufficient BR rating (i.e same or more)?? That just seems like a very simple code switch?

NPC ships? Yeah cool, cos that's what I want to spend my time doing on a PVP server, fighting AI ships.  Fantastic nerf suggestions coming from the non pirate community once again.  

We don't tolerate people who misrepresent facts about us here.

• Alliances/Politics and pirate rework was one of the issues on the development priorities thread.
  • It was voted as N1 priority by players
  • We are working on it
We always deliver what we promise. And we always focus on what players want (ships or features). Thats the opposite of stubborn

If you continue twisting the facts (a-la lying) - you won't be welcome here any longer.

Might be interesring if the NA team create a youtube channel showing his team his work, new features testing, new ships how they work, livestreming... This helps to have a proper feedback.

• Like 1

I hope the devs come with a solution soon because, the way the things are going at this moment, half the map will be painted of black in 1 week and will get worse. Some nations will start doing what pirates should do in the first place, privateering to survive. And I don't want to start talking about the game losing players every week, you all see that with your own eyes.

I'm all for pirate mechanic changes. However those that do RVR as pirates will probably switch nations and do the exact same thing. Then we can all sing Paint it Yellow or Paint it Red, etc. What needs adjustment, preferably before pirate mechanics, is port battle mechanics. So don't blame pirate mechanics for map stomping.

• Like 3

I'm all for pirate mechanic changes. However those that do RVR as pirates will probably switch nations and do the exact same thing. Then we can all sing Paint it Yellow or Paint it Red, etc. What needs adjustment, preferably before pirate mechanics, is port battle mechanics. So don't blame pirate mechanics for map stomping.

It's your opinion and we must respect, so please, give us your opinion in why the game (after SORRY toxic and propaganda campaign started) is losing players every week? With luck you can see on sundays 1000 players online.

Conquest needs a major rework, the solution I do not have

The game is losing players bc it cannot tailor itself to each individual player

Some value realism, they complain about ow teleporting and speed on seas, etc

Others want more gaminess and complain about battle lengths and having to travel ow map.

IMO, early access was released too soon. This should still be alpha.

People need to be patient, which I know many are not.

But ideas such as 'let's take this broken mechanic and shove it in their face' will not help.

Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 1

It's your opinion and we must respect, so please, give us your opinion in why the game (after SORRY toxic and propaganda campaign started) is losing players every week? With luck you can see on sundays 1000 players online.

I havent seen any pirate complain anything when pirates were losing ports. They just learn from their mistakes and try to change strategy and fight back. But when Royal Navy are losing, there are alot of complains and ask for changing pirate nation again. This is so typical of yours,  blaming everything on your enemy and it doesnt change much since the begin. I still remenber how Royal Navy players blamed everything on russian players, now they just switch target to blame everything on SORRY clan.

• Like 2

That's bs. Without all the clans and players who rage joined pirates it would be pretty balanced.

Pirates are the only nation you can join without any penalties. You keep gold, ships and blueprints.

Join another nation and you can start from zero. No ship, no money and no blueprints.

And you have the problem that everytime you try to hunt pirates they attack each other to avoid combat. Rules were changed but the mechanic still works and they will escape before you can attack them.

And some warmongers are putting bounties on your head if you don't do what they want so every other pirate will hunt which means if they say all attack one nation they will only attack one nation. AUSFC attacking danes? Will never happen. Attacking other pirates? Will never happen.

• Like 1

That's bs. Without all the clans and players who rage joined pirates it would be pretty balanced.

Pirates are the only nation you can join without any penalties. You keep gold, ships and blueprints.

Join another nation and you can start from zero. No ship, no money and no blueprints.

And you have the problem that everytime you try to hunt pirates they attack each other to avoid combat. Rules were changed but the mechanic still works and they will escape before you can attack them.

And some warmongers are putting bounties on your head if you don't do what they want so every other pirate will hunt which means if they say all attack one nation they will only attack one nation. AUSFC attacking danes? Will never happen. Attacking other pirates? Will never happen.

Ships and Money can be easily transfered to Nations as well, it just takes a tad more time and someone u can trust to give you your stuff back. Blueprints are lost,thats true.

By far not all pirates attack each other when being chased by enemies, even if they face overwhelming odds. I, for one, never have and so does no one from my clan. So just because it is possible and some use it, you cant blame all pirate players as a whole.

Right now it just isnt beneficial at all for pirates to attack each others, as they do have to play like a nation. As long as the mechanics dont change, it will stay like this.

I am all for a change in pirate mechanics, but that wont change or improve the current Portbattle situation. Thats a completely different matter. You cant fix the issue of the port battles by altering pirates and vice versa. both topics have to be adressed on their own

Edited by Sharden
  • Like 1

While pirate mechanics might be one aspect, I'd be more concerned about the EU/US(AUS) split.

So far it's been pretty localized to the various sections of the map, but since that's no longer the case it's gonna be a sad state of affairs to see either side having to wake up early in the morning just to stage attacks - though the pirates probably have enough players to just have EU players on full attack and US/AUS on easy defense.

While it'd also be a good problem for to highlight for the devs, this is probably the only state of affairs at which I'd probably consider not playing anymore. Still don't see why they didn't just restrict every server, EU as well as US, to midday to midnight timers only instead of having the current global kerfuffle with no real solution to it.

Even knowing that an attack will be staged days ahead won't alleviate the situation much if it's gonna boil down to who's gonna even bother to be up that early in the morning. 

Ships and Money can be easily transfered to Nations as well, it just takes a tad more time and someone u can trust to give you your stuff back. Blueprints are lost,thats true.

By far not all pirates attack each other when being chased by enemies, even if they face overwhelming odds. I, for one, never have and so does no one from my clan. So just because it is possible and some use it, you cant blame all pirate players as a whole.

Right now it just isnt beneficial at all for pirates to attack each others, as they do have to play like a nation. As long as the mechanics dont change, it will stay like this.

I am all for a change in pirate mechanics, but that wont change or improve the current Portbattle situation. Thats a completely different matter. You cant fix the issue of the port battles by altering pirates and vice versa. both topics have to be adressed on their own

I know not everyone is attacking each other when beeing chased. But the possibility to do it and the fact players are doing it is what makes it painful.

And it doesn't help that devs changed the rules it's still possible and still very useful to escape from a chase.

And it has been posted in tribunal several times and it feels like nothing ever happened. Players who abused it and probably still abusing it received no punishment which means they will still look for weak points in mechanics and exploit till devs change the rules because they don't have to fear any punishment from the devs.

Even if rules say something is not forbidden and mechanics allow certain things doesn't mean it's not an exploit. People agreed not to exploit when they bought the game and people agreed to report it when they find them when they bought the game.

If this isn't rule enough to punish those players I wonder which reason they need to do it.

The tribunal section is pretty silent now not because there is nothing to post it's because it's just pointless to report exploits or abuses. Devs made it clear they don't listen to players anymore so when there won't be punishment why should players waste time and report?

And there is this problem: you need a friend in the nation you want to join you can trust and that takes time and you loose your BP. Joining pirates you just need to get xou ships and goods into a free port and loose nothing. player who switched nations need a lot of time to get their stuff back and they spend much time to get their blueprints again. As a pirate you just need to press the atrack button and you can start attacking ports as a pirate.