Game-Labs Forum

Paint it black

Wang

This is a call to all clans from every nation!

EDR, RAE, SLRN, HRE, RUS, DAS, TF/TDA  and every clan in between you know who you are ;)

Forget your national flags, we can all go back when its fixed :D

The game is broken, we all know it.  So let's fix it!

Edited by Wang
  • Like 1

This is a call to all clans from every nation!

EDR, RAE, SLRN, HRE, RUS, DAS, TF/TDA  and every clan in between you know who you are ;)

The game is broken, we all know it.  So let's fix it!

So your option on fixing it, is to totally abuse the broken part, crippling the game for the few people that actually try to enjoy and test it, potentially having them leave the game, and forcing the developers to rush content. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• Like 3

So your option on fixing it, is to totally abuse the broken part, crippling the game for the few people that actually try to enjoy and test it, potentially having them leave the game, and forcing the developers to rush content. I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

We have discussed it for months, how many threads have their been about it?  It's still on the back burner...We get a damage re-modeling that doesnt even work...

Let's force the issue, yes lets cripple the game.  This is a test isnt it?  Let's test!

Meh, we talked about it since the wee months of early access, way before all this stuff with SORRY etc... The problem is, the devs are as stubborn as it gets. Chances are, doing this will only reinforce their resolve, delaying any sort of changes.

But, in the mean time... The game is broken. Play it broken or make it even more, that is the option we have.

Meh, we talked about it since the wee months of early access, way before all this stuff with SORRY etc... The problem is, the devs are as stubborn as it gets. Chances are, doing this will only reinforce their resolve, delaying any sort of changes.

But, in the mean time... The game is broken. Play it broken or make it even more, that is the option we have.

The devs are stubborn we all know this, but we have to appeal to them as developers and instead of telling them of this bug let's show it to them clearly.  They keep saying its alpha, we have been encouraged to brake the game many a time, so let's seriously brake it.  If we dont it will be put on the back burner and we will be waiting for 6 months before they fix the pirates. While all other nations struggle to survive as the problem gets worse and worse.  National players keep the naval action world spinning.  It's their hard work and fruitless effort which is totally under appreciated that keep this game functioning.  We all love this game!  So let's brake it to make it better :D

P.S. to the awesome mod who moved it to national news, i was going to put it in here but was scared it would get locked in here.  I think its more appropriate to be in this sub forum.  Thanks!

Edited by Wang

We have discussed it for months, how many threads have their been about it?  It's still on the back burner...We get a damage re-modeling that doesnt even work...

Let's force the issue, yes lets cripple the game.  This is a test isnt it?  Let's test!

And witch issues are not discussed by tens or even hundreds of players ? Crafting and Blueprints ? The general economy ? Port Battles ? Combat Mechanics ? From what i have seen on these forums the developers actually ask the community what their priority should be. A few months ago people deemed player production buildings to be the main goal, as did they deem Diplomacy/Port Battles/Pirate Mechanics as the main focus for now. And for a small company i would say they are delivering at quite a decent pace. So yeah instead of trying to abuse and break the game i would like to encourage people, not to rush the developers to bring out half ass, untested content by breaking the game.

• Like 12

I believe the community voted on what we wanted patched first. It is not really fair to blame the devs. 

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12471-development-priorities-2/

There was no pirate re-work offered in the vote.  

This issue is something everyone has been talking about on the forum for months, and was pointed our very early on in development.  The dev's have made a great game.  Thats why we are all here!  

The issue will be addressed with a much higher priority when the whole map is black.

• Like 2

Hasn't there been several feature updates specifically made to target pirate exploits?  They've been pushing out a lot of content.  Creating and integrating a "non-nation" is going to be a lot of work.  The "smuggler" functionality they added is already starting to go a long way in that direction.  They know pirates are broken.  They're working on it.  They've said they're working on.  I don't get why there is suddenly so much distrust when they've been constantly asking for and giving feedback to the community.

• Like 1

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12471-development-priorities-2/

There was no pirate re-work offered in the vote.  

This issue is something everyone has been talking about on the forum for months, and was pointed our very early on in development.  The dev's have made a great game.  Thats why we are all here!  

The issue will be addressed with a much higher priority when the whole map is black.

Overhaul of War & Peace mechanics and national relations, pirate role and national alliances (748 votes [53.66%])

• Like 1

And witch issues are not discussed by tens or even hundreds of players ? Crafting and Blueprints ? The general economy ? Port Battles ? Combat Mechanics ? From what i have seen on these forums the developers actually ask the community what their priority should be. A few months ago people deemed player production buildings to be the main goal, as did they deem Diplomacy/Port Battles/Pirate Mechanics as the main focus for now. And for a small company i would say they are delivering at quite a decent pace. So yeah instead of trying to abuse and break the game i would like to encourage people, not to rush the developers to bring out half ass, untested content by breaking the game.

Yeah but it goes to show, at different stages of the game we need different things.  When the player production was introduced no one even cared about it, and it was a flop.  We were all yelling for diplomacy!  This was due to so many issues all the nations were having and still are..but that hasnt even been implemented as of yet.  So when is the pirate issue going to be addressed?  In 3 months?  The way things are going i wouldnt be surprised if in 3 months the map is nearly all black anyway.  You will all be on here screaming for a fix.  So why cause a slow death?  Let's brake it swiftly, and get it over and done with so it can be addressed and fixed.  So in the long term less players leave the game.  

'Total war is the most humane in the long run'  Clausewitz.

Overhaul of War & Peace mechanics and national relations, pirate role and national alliances (748 votes [53.66%])

I stand corrected :/

What has been stated about reworking the pirate role?  War and peace patch was meant to be launched this month.  It is no where in sight, and from my understanding the pirate mechanics were left out of of the initial idea's suggested for the patch.

Im looking for the thread discussing the diplomacy rework, but can't find it.  If someone could link it here it would be great :D

Hasn't there been several feature updates specifically made to target pirate exploits?  They've been pushing out a lot of content.  Creating and integrating a "non-nation" is going to be a lot of work.  The "smuggler" functionality they added is already starting to go a long way in that direction.  They know pirates are broken.  They're working on it.  They've said they're working on.  I don't get why there is suddenly so much distrust when they've been constantly asking for and giving feedback to the community.

Hey Killick, long time no talk :)  

I dont believe fixing the pirates is a massive rework.  A simply but inelegant solution is wipe the map, give the pirates a handful of ports around the bahamas that they can never lose.  Enable pirates to be able to 'raid' ports using the same pb mechanics but they dont capture the port at the end.  They simply get a stack of gold, and maybe (idea) stop player production at said port got a aprox. amount of time eg. 1 week

Bang fixed.

Edited by Wang

The game is not broken, it is not finished yet. Subtle, but obvious difference. ????????

And to be honest, joining the pirates now will only diminish the feats already accomplished by the 'older guard' of the pirates, like for example [sORRY].

I don't think that is neither fair nor necessary looking at the growth of, to keep in Jeheil's terms, Mordor. ????

Yeah but it goes to show, at different stages of the game we need different things.  When the player production was introduced no one even cared about it, and it was a flop.  We were all yelling for diplomacy!  This was due to so many issues all the nations were having and still are..but that hasnt even been implemented as of yet.  So when is the pirate issue going to be addressed?  In 3 months?  The way things are going i wouldnt be surprised if in 3 months the map is nearly all black anyway.  You will all be on here screaming for a fix.  So why cause a slow death?  Let's brake it swiftly, and get it over and done with so it can be addressed and fixed.  So in the long term less players leave the game.  

'Total war is the most humane in the long run'  Clausewitz.

As shocking as it may seem to you it indeed takes more than just snapping two fingers together to develop content. We were yelling for diplomacy and developers announce the major patch for it will come next month, not to mention us getting multiple mini patches along the way. Even if during that development period suddenly we decide that another part of the game needs more attention, that content will not magically appear. They have been working on port battles and diplomacy for the past month, the fact that we all go on strike trying to break the game with Pirate mechanics, does not mean that the month they spend will be reverted in time. 

So yeah you are literally acting like a spoiled child, trying to ruin the game for the current player-base, and enforcing developers to rush half ass'ed content, lowering the games quality in the long run... gg.

Hopefully not all people share your views.

• Like 7

Then everybody just switches to another nation and we will be playing "paint it red" instead. The problem is not pirates. While I would enjoy a more immersive pirate faction, I don't think changing their mechanic will change the game.

What is needed is a better war and portbattle mechanic that doesn't allow for a nation to get crushed. There need to be some kind of rewards for winning a war without breaking a nation leading to its population changing to a more "winning" nation. Otherwise there will always be a bunch of idiots making it their goal to spoil somebody else's game experience. No matter if you change pirates or not. There will always be a shift of population towards the winning side.

By all switching to pirates we will not make this game better. I believe devs acknowledge that there is a problem. Rushing them to some quick solution is not going to fix the game long term I'm afraid.

Edited by Chimera
  • Like 2

Hey Killick, long time no talk :)  

I dont believe fixing the pirates is a massive rework.  A simply but inelegant solution is wipe the map, give the pirates a handful of ports around the bahamas that they can never lose.  Enable pirates to be able to 'raid' ports using the same pb mechanics but they dont capture the port at the end.  They simply get a stack of gold, and maybe (idea) stop player production at said port got a aprox. amount of time eg. 1 week

Bang fixed.

That is one idea that you and a handful of other players may think to be good, but for the handful that think its that easy theres also a hundred Pirates that will think they are getting screwed over. The issue with Pirates is that they touch a huge amount of the player base and is literally the hardest thing in this game to balance currently without earning a shit storm from one side of the player base or the other. So yeah i will rather discuss it in the forums, offer my suggestions hear out the problems other people see with my suggestions, witch will hopefully help the developers in the shaping of this game mechanic, instead of breaking the game to go on strike, getting a rushed temporary solutions that will impose more problems than it solves.

As shocking as it may seem to you it indeed takes more than just snapping two fingers together to develop content. We were yelling for diplomacy and developers announce the major patch for it will come next month, not to mention us getting multiple mini patches along the way. Even if during that development period suddenly we decide that another part of the game needs more attention, that content will not magically appear. They have been working on port battles and diplomacy for the past month, the fact that we all go on strike trying to break the game with Pirate mechanics, does not mean that the month they spend will be reverted in time. 

So yeah you are literally acting like a spoiled child, trying to ruin the game for the current player-base, and enforcing developers to rush half ass'ed content, lowering the games quality in the long run... gg.

Hopefully not all people share your views.

I dont believe so at all.  Why do you think the game is getting negative steam reviews now?  Why do you think the player base is dwindling?  This is a very broken mechanic that people have been telling the dev's for a over 4 months now, and it has yet to been addressed. While the issue gets worse and worse.  People get tired of bashing their heads against the pirate wall.  They leave the game, they go play something else.  The population diminishes.  Suddenly we are back to pre steam release pop over under 100 players.  Ohh but look your cannon balls bounce more often!

Im not being a child,  i want to hugely demonstrate a very broken mechanic in the game that is in ALPHA so that the mechanic is addressed and fixed.  

• Like 1

That is one idea that you and a handful of other players may think to be good, but for the handful that think its that easy theres also a hundred Pirates that will think they are getting screwed over. The issue with Pirates is that they touch a huge amount of the player base and is literally the hardest thing in this game to balance currently without earning a shit storm from one side of the player base or the other. So yeah i will rather discuss it in the forums, offer my suggestions hear out the problems other people see with my suggestions, witch will hopefully help the developers in the shaping of this game mechanic, instead of breaking the game to go on strike, getting a rushed temporary solutions that will impose more problems than it solves.

How will they get screwed over?  The map will get wiped. (including assets)  We will all get screwed.  Then the people who want to play as a 'pirate' will have mechanics that feel much more piratey.  The pirate players who want to conquer ports will jsut roll their character to a nation.  

Ohh also any 'pirate' who wants the pirates to function as they do now,  are just the original egomaniacs who are want to be napoleons who just like the color black.  Plenty of try hard napoleons in every nation, they would fit in great :D

Everyone is happy.

Waiting for over 4 months with every person who is not a pirate telling the devs...hey just a thought 'the way the pirate mechanics work at the moment, it will be the biggest nation with the most players, its inevitable' and it has been ignored for the this long while the issue grows and grows.  It is at a tipping point.

Edited by Wang
  • Like 1

I dont believe so at all.  Why do you think the game is getting negative steam reviews now?  Why do you think the player base is dwindling?  This is a very broken mechanic that people have been telling the dev's for a over 4 months now, and it has yet to been addressed. While the issue gets worse and worse.  People get tired of bashing their heads against the pirate wall.  They leave the game, they go play something else.  The population diminishes.  Suddenly we are back to pre steam release pop over under 100 players.  Ohh but look your cannon balls bounce more often!

Im not being a child,  i want to hugely demonstrate a very broken mechanic in the game that is in ALPHA so that the mechanic is addressed and fixed.  

From the majority of negative steam reviews i have read (i find it hilarious in the first place when a person with over 1000 hours into the game gives it a thumbs down) and from people i personally have played with whom have quit or put the game on hold the biggest issue is the lack of end game content and not the Pirate mechanics im sad to say. And again if you stop to think part of the reason why the issue gets worse and worse as you put it is because of people with a mentality like yours. One thing i will agree is that this game released way to early on steam with so little end game content. 

• Like 4

I understand your frustration but I'm not sure forcing an unrealistic situation just to get your way is all that warranted.

There are 7 nations and one pirate nation with, currently, only slightly different rules. The 7 nations and getting RvR tested and adjusted for them should be the top dev priority right? The pirates, love em or hate them, aren't supposed to be the primary concern of naval warfare. Currently they are just another nation with a large population and a few odd abilities. Your frustration isn't due to the pirates being OP. It's simply that they are a Zerg nation. There is nothing they are currently doing in great effect that couldn't be done by Any nation with that same groups and number of players in it. So in effect it is national play that needs to be fixed. Not just the pirates. You could force the situation, the devs drop everything and fix pirates and then you just end up getting Zerged by a huge Dutch team (example) because the factors that allowed the Zerg nations unchecked success haven't been changed.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 4