Game-Labs Forum

Loss of a santi Cause Reinf Glitch

Lord Vicious

1) First of all you need to fix this tag system,  if you exit from a fight you cant enter battles but ppl outside can tag you and your other friends cant join cause battle timer

• Tag system is working as intended.
  • You other friends can join the battle
    • if they are close to you they will be pulled in if you are attacked.
    • They can also attack themselves.
    • You can attack yourself.
  • But if they were in battle or in port at the moment new battle started they will not get in
  • The reinforcement circle can be completely in land - IT IS the design. You can completely deny enemy reinforcement by attacking creatively. 

Will repeat

Ships sitting in battle and Ship sitting in port will never reinforce any battle - they won't make it. 

Or rephrasing

To be able to reinforce battles now you have to be outside in the open world and maximum at  1m 58 seconds of sailing away from the battle.  

• Like 3

20 seconds plus tag time sir.

As far as the second part I don't see this as a bug at all. If you want to jump out of port then actually jump out and leave the port. The end of end of the dock port undock jump ganks is a beautiful thing to me and not a bug.

OMG, this is why you lose all your ports, because you people are so dumb, The join circle in land is a BUG, your tune would be different if we were blockaiding you outside of your port and when you tag us your join circle is in the land making it unable for you to join, and 40 seconds isn't enough to get away from land for a lot of ports in the game idiot, look at Apalachicola or Tampa, or many other ports that have a channel, there is not enough time to move away from land, so it spawning the join circle IN THE DAM LAND IS A BUG.

• But if they were in battle or in port at the moment new battle started they will not get in
  • The reinforcement circle can be completely in land - IT IS the design. You can completely deny enemy reinforcement by attacking creatively. 

Will repeat

Ships sitting in battle and Ship sitting in port will never reinforce any battle - they won't make it. 

Or rephrasing

To be able to reinforce battles now you have to be outside in the open world and maximum at  1m 58 seconds of sailing away from the battle.  

So, this new patch is promoting the blackaiding of ports, because it is completely impossible to leave a port with people waiting outside because 

1. They can pick you off one at a time

2. You are unable to attack them with a full group because they can pick you off one at a time

3. The circle spawning is completely random so either circle can be in land or even both, you can't attack creatively when you don't know where its going to spawn the circle.

4. There is not enough time to get away from land with only 20 seconds of invulnerability .

But SORRY adapts fast so, keep it the way it is if you want, we will work around it, Thank you for clarification. 

Edited by R2Y2

Will repeat

Or rephrasing

Thank you for clarification.

Now we know this is intentional we can work around it & indeed use it to our advantage.

• Like 2

So, this new patch is promoting the blackaiding of ports, because it is completely impossible to leave a port with people waiting outside because 

1. They can pick you off one at a time

2. You are unable to attack them with a full group because they can pick you off one at a time

you should be pulled into battle if you attack - you can attack 30 sec after exit

they can attack you 30 sec after exit. if your group is attacked new battle can be created (i hope)

its just you cannot battles that are already created

3. The circle spawning is completely random so either circle can be in land or even both, you can't attack creatively when you don't know where its going to spawn the circle.

i hope its not random :)

it uses the center point of attacker and defender that are creating the battle, draws a vector and places spawns accordingly based on attacker and defender positions.

• Like 2

I am glad that the admin came in and explained the issue regarding the reinforcement from port ships, altho it was self evident when one looks at the timers when one leaves a port. 

Bottom line guys there are some in this game that seem to enjoy using the graphic of the port to hide ships which can will come out from the stealth they gain from being in port.  This timer prevents this from happening with respect to folks wanting to bait an enemy.    For example, I have 12 buddies on TS sitting in port behind the vial of the port graphic, me and three buddies in connies bait an enemy with a force of say 7 connies, once they attack we have our 12 buddies pop out of the port and then join the battle that has started between us 3 and the 7, then the battles ends up 15 to 7 us and the 7 can not leave as they are already in battle screen. 

I do find this a nice way to get around the above, altho I wish it did not have to be so.   But it does require those who want to get into a rumble to show their true colors before the battle starts or dance with the folks your brought.

As for the circles being on land to reinforce, I have am not to crazy about the idea, altho it might allow for some creative methods and angles of attack, so lets see how it pans out. 

As for the timers.  I believe the invu timer is 24 secs and the timer once tagged is 20 seconds so that would be 44 seconds to get out to sea.   If one is really concerned about being in hostile waters then perhaps either wait for a favorable wind and sail straight out to sea, or leave in groups and so do noy get isolated.   Indeed, this is what many traders have to do, run the gauntlet as a single ship, if a warship here and there finds itself in the same boat as a trader . . . well so be it.    Personally I do not feel sorry for the hunter becoming the prey, adds some more depth to the game imo.

Guys, lets just see how things go and we can suggest adjustments if necessary. 

it uses the center point of attacker and defender that are creating the battle, draws a vector and places spawns accordingly based on attacker and defender positions.

Is there a way to fix it so that if the attack is in front of port, the one circle will not be on land causing one team an inability reinforce?

• Like 1

From that screenshot it looks as if the pirate join area was not in the ground but the US one was half way in land... hmmm  Also you tagged someone knowing full well that some of your members would not be able to join.

this screen is us enganging an usa, and HIS reinforcement  was in land, for show that is a frequent issue.  lucky he was alone otherwise he could claim he could escape the gank if his allies join. and i was all about for supporting his request to refund. 

But the issue with the new system is not only the reinforcement zones.   When you exit an ow battle,   the enemy can tag you and bring you again in a battle but your mates cant join. making very hard to exit a battle and fight again as an organized force.

Imho the invu timer must be equal to the inability to tag or be tagged, or it create this bad situations

Edited by Lord Vicious

you should be pulled into battle if you attack - you can attack 30 sec after exit

they can attack you 30 sec after exit. if your group is attacked new battle can be created (i hope)

its just you cannot battles that are already created

It not pulled any of our guys,     in  and they where all outside before me  so the timer for inability to join battle make so that if enemy tag you, or you tag enemy  your friends with the battle timer not get dragged in

Edited by Lord Vicious

Port blockades were a real thing that happened. If that mechanic is making it into the game, then that's pretty cool, in my opinion.

• Like 1

It not pulled any of our guys,     in  and they where all outside before me  so the timer for inability to join battle make so that if enemy tag you, or you tag enemy  your friends with the battle timer not get dragged in

I think your mates were not drawn in to the battle you created because even though they had exited the port before you did - they were still in their 2 min "can't join battles" lock down, thus they couldn't be pulled into your battle automatically.

Then the vector you used where you were close to the port and the ship you tagged directly away from the port in relation to you caused the game to draw the join circles as it did.

-----

I feel your pain at losing a ship to a new mechanic, but I am confident you will capture a replacement in short order.

Being able to use this to do ganks that exploit the 'join spot is on land' feature where no one can help the victim, no matter what, is a really bad mechanic, it is plainly broken. 

Edited by Captain
  • Like 2

I have had the same happening to me as well: reinforcement circles appearing on land preventing a nice battle to occur.

If technically possible, I'm still in favor of the exponentially growing join circle.

• Like 1

Port blockades were a real thing that happened. If that mechanic is making it into the game, then that's pretty cool, in my opinion.

I completely agree, i like the idea of a port blockade mechanic, it allows for more open ocean battles to occur as well because players will be more likely to fight further from land and away from ports.

this tells a lot

this  3 fix pretty much tells me, that i was right about the wrong mechanic, i am glad my incident was helpful for the game, but also tells that mechanics where not as intended

1. Reinforcements zones will be increased in size and moved closer to each other. This will reduce their spawns in land and make joining existing battles more comfortable.
  2. Invulnerability timer will allow entry to port battles
  3. Invulnerability timer will pull you to instance if the battle is created in your vicinity. This will stop group splitting if you are located in the area of the attack under invulnerability timer. It will still not let you enter battles if you are far away from your main group
Edited by Lord Vicious

You cant , again another bad player who not understand new game mechanics

the moment you undock, enemy outside tag you and your reinforcement circle get put into the LAND  got it? you not have time for get distance and fight in OW, so camping a city now make impossible for the ppl inside to undock and fight.

Your friends not get pulled in also 

You have 20 Seconds before you can be attacked if you exit a port.

It is remarkably easy to place the enemy reinforcement timer into land if you have the more agile ship and dictate the tag.

This should not be the long term gameplay design.

Yeah it's straight bug exploiting. 

Will repeat

Or rephrasing

To be clear a battle between a ship that is in near land but floating water against another ship floating in water can only be reinforced from land?

What form of reality is this supposed to simulate?

If you don't intend to simulate reality may I have a wheels upgrade for my ship so I can fight in a sea battle?