Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France joins the war against Sweden

Éric

Entendez vous dans les campagnes
Mugir ces féroces soldats
Ils viennent jusque dans vos bras,
Egorger vos fils, vos compagnes

Aux armes citoyens ! Formez vos bataillons !

Marchons, marchons,
Qu'un sang impur abreuve nos sillons

Tremblez, tyrans ! et vous, perfides,

L'opprobe de tous les partis,
Tremblez ! vos projets parricides
Vont enfin recevoir leur prix {2x}.
Tout est soldat pour vous combattre,
S'ils tombent, nos jeunes héros,
La terre en produit de nouveaux
Contre vous tous prêts à se battre

Amour sacré de la Patrie

Conduis, soutiens nos bras vengeurs !
Liberté, Liberté chérie !
Combats avec tes défenseurs {2x}.
Sous nos drapeaux, que la victoire
Accoure à tes mâles accents,
Que tes ennemis expirant
Voient ton triomphe et notre gloire !

Nous entrerons dans la carrière,

Quand nos aînés n'y seront plus
Nous y trouverons leur poussière
Et les traces de leurs vertus. {2x}
Bien moins jaloux de leur survivre
Que de partager leur cercueil,
Nous aurons le sublime orgueil
De les venger ou de les suivre !

All good frenchman are ready to fight against you good luke.

French patriotic war is in march !

• Like 3

It is nice that the French are so honest, reliable, and professional that they ask for peace talks, and then start attacks 30 minutes before the meeting is due to start. If only everyone could be as trustworthy and professional as the French. :)

Having peace talks means that you are still at war. No ceasefire was agreed beforehand, nor would be viable to implement on such a short notice. It is the most normal reaction anyone might expect and is completely acceptable.  :)

• Like 4

It is nice that the French are so honest, reliable, and professional that they ask for peace talks, and then start attacks 30 minutes before the meeting is due to start. If only everyone could be as trustworthy and professional as the French. :)

French ask for pour parler not about peace. Building back diplomacy may be the first step in a peace direction but we are far away from it.T

Discussion will continue has they have to in the way to improve the relation enough to make peace discussion possible.

Waiting for that we know our ennemy will try again to cap us into our capital when we will be on bar and club as every week end in french!

Lets go women, french captains incoming!

Difference is, that you forced those, which would have come to your ts to talk, to fight against you. 30 Min before is totaly different!

So while you have to fight - You are not able to have peacetalks, nor diplomatic talks.

I think it should be logical that for the time when the peacetalks happen, an armistice is given. (Even unspoken)

EDIT: Furthermore I think, the Swedish player are now feeling offended again. That just took us further apart than without the ask to talk.

Edited by Twig

Difference is, that you forced those, which would have come to your ts to talk, to fight against you. 30 Min before is totaly different!

So while you have to fight - You are not able to have peacetalks, nor diplomatic talks.

I think it should be logical that for the time when the peacetalks happen, an armistice is given. (Even unspoken)

EDIT: Furthermore I think, the Swedish player are now feeling offended again. That just took us further apart than without the ask to talk.

Looking on Sveno, i didn't think you may be more offended that you already are. And all of that for missunderstandings...

Anyway, striken between hammer and envils, french iron is becoming stronger and our mood is changing.

You are forging and pushing us in weird directions

Looking on Sveno, i didn't think you may be more offended that you already are. And all of that for missunderstandings...

Anyway, striken between hammer and envils, french iron is becoming stronger and our mood is changing.

You are forging and pushing us in weird directions

Sveno was willing to talk to you yesterday. But he had, thanks to your attacks, no time for that.

I see to where the "mood" is changing. But I dont see it changing the way you seem to.

Having peace talks means that you are still at war. No ceasefire was agreed beforehand, nor would be viable to implement on such a short notice. It is the most normal reaction anyone might expect and is completely acceptable.  :)

Having peace talks do however mean that you ought to enable those peace talks. I do not mind their attacks earlier in the day, but initiating port attacks that will go on during the meeting itself is a very strong statement about what the French ​actually desire, and it certainly can't be peace. Otherwise they'd of course have made sure that both their own nation and the Danes knew not to attack right at that time. There really is no viable excuse for what they did as far as "good behaviour" goes. It was rude, and it was an aggression.

I have never been to France so I am not certain how they do things there, but I do have trouble thinking that they'd punch someone in the face as a greeting when they want to come to a mutual agreement.

Either way their demands and the way they conducted the meeting makes it obvious that they didn't want any peace anyway, but it doesn't make the presented behaviour more professional or sensible. If anything it reinforces the already very negative existing perceptions of their nation and its untrustworthyness and of their diplomats and leaders being "jackals".

Edited by Inkompetent

I have never been to France so I am not certain how they do things there, but I do have trouble thinking that they'd punch someone in the face as a greeting when they want to come to a mutual agreement.

First, a good fight, only after, you can speak and drink a beer with your new friend :)