Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France joins the war against Sweden

Éric

Your own fault if you let your allies force you into that war.

We did F11 the bug and even pmed the admin and they simply didn´t care and told us to wait for the patch/hotfix, and now the timers aren´t fixed (as in the timers we set still do not work).

Really poor sportsmanship. We didn´t use any exploit to our advantage. If the dutch took your ports with bugged timers we are not to blame.

Exploiting bugs is not what a gentlemen would do, and you ask me to be a gentlemen?

seriously...

Seriously you are boring mate, clic on navalaction.exe and shut down IE...

Again, not may fault if you haven't timer or a bug, all the timers i have put work fine, you re simply not lucky bro.

...And our ennemies used these broken timers during all last week to crush our defenses and capture our ports while we are at work IRL....and now you blame us ???

Blame the DEV, and sweep in front of your door, that is hypocrisy.

Well you've set the whole area on 14 o'clock before the timers got locked. That was no bug, nor anything else than your own mistake.

But the bug, not to be able to set any timer for one day is a totaly different thing. To fight in this way is just cowardly.

And to handle stuff in that unfair way will not get us, nor the dutch, nearer to you to negotiate.

Again, not may fault if you haven't timer or a bug, all the timers i have put work fine, you re simply not lucky bro.

This bug is not about being lucky you know. ;)

But whatever floats your boat man.

Well, the port timer bug is a "good" thing for the defender nation, isn´t it? So the dutch didn´t benefit from this too much. Basically we had a huge disadvantage cos of that, because you have to take a port and then u have to defend it the next day forenoon or late night, whenever the former owner smelt a chance to get the port undefended.

And the reason why we are discussing that here is, that one of the critiques which is made towards the British is, that they would abuse the port timer mechanics for their advantage and that the french would never do this cos they are gentlemen like. Well, as already someone else said, it seems every nation does it. Some abuse it more, some less. And then again, to change port timers of a dozen of ports to a 12-14 time isn´t the most fair act, isn´t it.

Lets finally discuss about peace tomorrow, but tbh, the french are not seen as victims of an unwanted war. For that they were to offensive ingame and in words. But past is past und future can be discussed right now. :)

Edited by praefect

The bug was implemented in the last patch. Since than you did not really got any ports. You only lost them - so of course the "old ports" are still normal

Well, the port timer bug is a "good" thing for the defender nation, isn´t it? So the dutch didn´t benefit from this too much. Basically we had a huge disadvantage cos of that, because you have to take a port and then u have to defend it the next day forenoon or late night, whenever the former owner smelt a chance to get the port undefended.

Yes same for us, we would have to defend the ports 24 hours, danes tried to take Charlestown (bugged timer) last night (~ 2 am server time) and failed, then they took Aves (also with bugged timer) from dutch right after that attack.

And some french did the same.

And still they ask for respect or being Gentlemen.

Oh and not to forget that you have to combine that with the new 3 days flag cooldown.

Edited by Bommel

Yes same for us, we would have to defend the ports 24 hours, danes tried to take Charlestown (bugged timer) last night (~ 2 am server time) and failed, then they took Aves (also with bugged timer) from dutch right after that attack.

And some french did the same.

And still they ask for respect or being Gentlemen.

Oh and not to forget that you have to combine that with the new 3 days flag cooldown.

life is crap

Should I mentionned the episod when yesterday, as I was showing to my 12 years old son how it was to make a "mission order" near Fort Royal, I saw a swedish Constitution entering our combat and trying to sink our two basic cutter ??? Even after explaining him the situation, his only answer was "This is war...". After a 20 mn sailing we escaped.

Of course this is war...but seriously....

So don't talk to me about respect please.

• Like 1

Should I mentionned the episod when yesterday, as I was showing to my 12 years old son how it was to make a "mission order" near Fort Royal, I saw a swedish Constitution entering our combat and trying to sink our two basic cutter ??? Even after explaining him the situation, his only answer was "This is war...". After a 20 mn sailing we escaped.

Of course this is war...but seriously....

So don't talk to me about respect please.

Name that guy then, I wouldn´t do such things for sure. You can trust me on that. ;)

And it´s not war it´s a game with Nation vs Nation PVP. 

Goodafternoon Kierrip,

Thank you for your wise words and the affable invitation.

Our main diplomat and chairman of the Dutch council, Praefect, was on a shore leave for a few days (don't worry, this has nothing to do with the short hostage situation you put him in a few days ago), but he has been contacted by Flamigant and responded above.

To add to his words and the discussion arising in this thread: The technicalities of the war do not interest us diplomatically. All is considered fair in war and love; We expect all guns, of all parties roar during any talks. Let us hope their dooming sound will be an inspiration for us all to give the talks a try.

The Dutch reasons for entering the war were apparent. Our chosen strategy of a forward defensive fight against a threatening presence and a growing boldness of lawlessness and piracy brought our operations towards the Port-Au-Prince area. The invitation towards all our allies to support us in this endeavor resulted in joint operations with the Swedes. The Danes were growing restless about a Dutch presence and us taking the pirated ports and the French did not respond in respect of their alliance with Denmark-Norge. A defensive alliance between the Verenigde Provinciën and Sweden was effectuated before operations to ensure it was clear for all parties how we would react to any "backdoor" threats that might arise.

And here we are, article 5 of the defensive treaty between the Swedes and the Dutch effectuated, our operations against lawlessness and chaos halted, black flags going up in numerous ports in the Carribean, The British alone in their valiant fight against piracy, the budding US-colonies barely holding out unsupported and a great mess of fingerpointing by people that are our only hope of stopping the self-proclaimed pirate lords ruining our European colonial endeavors.

We truly understand the carefulness of the Danish and Spanish diplomatic stance towards the threat to their north and the position they are in. Like we mentioned, our Staten-Generaal and the Stadtholder back in Europe themselves have grown restless and disappointed by our trading companies not bringing in the revenues expected due to our current extra war expenditures. The Dutch motives are clear, Sweden will have a sustainable and thriving colonial presence in the Caribbean, law and order must be restored to let the trade (and its income) flourish again.

Your initiative in looking into moving forward towards common goals is much appreciated.

Well you've set the whole area on 14 o'clock before the timers got locked. That was no bug, nor anything else than your own mistake.

But the bug, not to be able to set any timer for one day is a totaly different thing. To fight in this way is just cowardly.

And to handle stuff in that unfair way will not get us, nor the dutch, nearer to you to negotiate.

No no no... We've got a problem with the timers too, in the south, and dutch attack. I deplore this situation, and again, I think its not respectful to attack those ports when those things happened. I'm sorry for you, its not fair.

About the 14 o'clock timers, its another problem for us ahah.

No no no... We've got a problem with the timers too, in the south, and dutch attack. I deplore this situation, and again, I think its not respectful to attack those ports when those things happened. I'm sorry for you, its not fair.

About the 14 o'clock timers, its another problem for us ahah.

Thank you! :)

Who start first? This Bloody Swedish for sure would told a Danish captain when Sweden would say they have been attacking without any reason by French.

Some may be right but everyone feel right. The reason who make people press the key is that it s so easy to start a war... Buy a flag make 3 post on national chat and the Zerg will follow.

2 weeks after Zerg is complaining and theses pressing the key are hidden. Theses attacking want the peace, theses others attacking don't know what they want and finally everyone is assembling on fort royal. Thanks you to make us the center on the Antilles for few days.

There is useless to speak about what the war start as it stupid to speak about the timer.

For France Dutch exploit the bug by destroying all our war effort by taking back the 4 port we take in a day. It was fabulous for us and showing the bug with the port withouth timer make us angry and sad because we lost energy and ship for nothing.

The Swedish will say French were not honorable with 14-15pb timer but they never get an empty pb. So it was not timer make as bullshit to force you to awake up I'm middle of night but splitting the timer to be able to defend on both front.

What make the French in so dramatic situation is the daylight forces letting the fights and the no timer issue forcing us to fight against hords. That and pvp3 merge but it's another story.

Both party suffer of pb timer and it's unnecessary to speak about it. Both are right, both are wrong.

About respect?

I heard so many captains saying they were forced to join the war to not let a community being harass in one port to just put one other community in the same situation that I couldn't say some are right and some are wrong. All are wrong in that or just thoses who speak in reverse as how they play.

About the French stopping to fight?

French are hostage in their own capital. As a prisoner they will do what they can to deliver themself on this bad situation. Our moral is not broken and we still have ships and a spirit war. We are not capitulating and you will have to fight us until all the party accept a peace...

• Like 1

Who start first? This Bloody Swedish for sure would told a Danish captain when Sweden would say they have been attacking without any reason by French.

Some may be right but everyone feel right. The reason who make people press the key is that it s so easy to start a war... Buy a flag make 3 post on national chat and the Zerg will follow.

2 weeks after Zerg is complaining and theses pressing the key are hidden. Theses attacking want the peace, theses others attacking don't know what they want and finally everyone is assembling on fort royal. Thanks you to make us the center on the Antilles for few days.

There is useless to speak about what the war start as it stupid to speak about the timer.

For France Dutch exploit the bug by destroying all our war effort by taking back the 4 port we take in a day. It was fabulous for us and showing the bug with the port withouth timer make us angry and sad because we lost energy and ship for nothing.

The Swedish will say French were not honorable with 14-15pb timer but they never get an empty pb. So it was not timer make as bullshit to force you to awake up I'm middle of night but splitting the timer to be able to defend on both front.

What make the French in so dramatic situation is the daylight forces letting the fights and the no timer issue forcing us to fight against hords. That and pvp3 merge but it's another story.

Both party suffer of pb timer and it's unnecessary to speak about it. Both are right, both are wrong.

About respect?

I heard so many captains saying they were forced to join the war to not let a community being harass in one port to just put one other community in the same situation that I couldn't say some are right and some are wrong. All are wrong in that or just thoses who speak in reverse as how they play.

French are hostage in their own capital. As a prisoner they will do what they can to deliver themself on this bad situation. Our moral is not broken and we still have ships and a spirit war. We are not capitulating and you will have to fight us until all the party accept a peace...

Hello Kierrip, you are giving mixed signals. You read mine and Praefects statements above? We don't give a rats ass about the timers and stuff. That sort of stuff lies out of our sphere of influence and is considered developer territory by us. We know that only respectful and decent diplomatic talks will stop the fights with any honorable opponent; and you know how the Dutch think about the French in that respect. Do you want to have talks, yes or no?

About respect?

We offered peace talks:

- When french took 5 ports from us and the response was, that french would actually making progress and do not see a reason to stop the war.

- When we retook these ports we offered peace talks again and the answer was, that both coalitions would be of same strength, that no side would have the advantage yet, so war should continue.

- When we took St. Georges, Scarb., El Toco we offered again peace talks and the response was, that french can not accept any peace, as long St. Georges is held by Dutch, cos it would look like a defeat. French would need to recapture this port before peace talks could start, so war continued.

- When we took nearly all of the southern territory we offered the peace talks again. Answer was, with the new patch the french would have an advantage and could easily recapture all the ports, so the french want to continue.

- When we took all of the south and ports in the north, the french responded that they like this war much more than to fight the british so they do not want to stop. To continue the war would not lead to any kind of bad feelings, the dutch would be highly respected, we would be a good training partner and a good, close pvp-opponent.

All the time there were talks about the needs of the french and how the dutch could be implemented for that. 

There was also no feeling, that the french really consider to have peace talks.

But again, I can´t change the past, I can only deal with it. We happily accept the invite for peace talks. Based on the current situation we are still willing to make a fair proposal, which guarantees the survival of the french nation and a fair amount of ports where everything is included to craft ships. We also do not demand surrender or any kind of war declarations in terms of having a peace.

Edited by praefect
  • Like 3

About respect?

I respect your will to fight and I think none of us asked you to surrender. :)

It was never our intention to start a war with you. (That´s my personal opinion!!)

But you joined the war and we fight as fair as possible.

We enjoy fighting you and some of you guys I met in battle said exactly the same.

I think it is not very honorable that the guys who dragged/forced you into this war (the danes by declaring war on us and demanding you to help as their allies) don´t give much support to you guys. 

Hello Kierrip, you are giving mixed signals. You read mine and Praefects statements above? We don't give a rats ass about the timers and stuff. That sort of stuff lies out of our sphere of influence and is considered developer territory by us. We know that only respectful and decent diplomatic talks will stop the fights with any honorable opponent; and you know how the Dutch think about the French in that respect. Do you want to have talks, yes or no?

with my current ensligh i receive both signals too, some asking nicely for the peace and in others one i feel a sign of threat ; anyway as praefect said, lets focus on future ; my topic was enterliy design on that, every thing is depending on your starting side, everyione can be and right and wrong

• Like 1

with my current ensligh i receive both signals too, some asking nicely for the peace and in others one i feel a sign of threat ; anyway as praefect said, lets focus on future ; my topic was enterliy design on that, every thing is depending on your starting side, everyione can be and right and wrong

Indeed. Let us all laugh with the sinners instead of crying with the saints.  ;)

Edited by Lytse Pier

At least you learn new things ^^ All this time I thought that having a PB at an anytime port would block it from further attacks that day, it's good to know that it doesn't.